HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 15, 2017, 2:55 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Although this is the most "public" face of this building (overlooking Vaughan Harvey Blvd) , the new Hilton actually is located on Ivan Rand Drive, therefore this is actually the rear of the hotel. I wonder what the front façade looks like????

Old Posted Sep 15, 2017, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Although this is the most "public" face of this building (overlooking Vaughan Harvey Blvd) , the new Hilton actually is located on Ivan Rand Drive, therefore this is actually the rear of the hotel. I wonder what the front façade looks like????
Well that's a very nice rear.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2017, 9:17 PM

Quote:

This picture actually faces Vaughan Harvey. You can tell by the curved walkway in the render and the site plan.

*edit*
My bad, you already said that, I read it wrong, thought you were saying that the render was fading Ivan Rand.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2017, 11:16 AM

Power lines buried?

It looks like NB Power showed up in front of the new Hilton late yesterday afternoon. Burying the lines?

Old Posted Sep 20, 2017, 4:03 PM

Anybody know what the fairly sizable building going up at the corner of Bonaccord and Fleet will be? Thanks. Bob

Old Posted Sep 20, 2017, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonDowntown View Post
Anybody know what the fairly sizable building going up at the corner of Bonaccord and Fleet will be? Thanks. Bob
If I'm not mistaken it's another apartment building.

That is at least what was planned for that area.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2017, 1:04 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

City of Moncton press release:

MONCTON – The City of Moncton wishes to advise that a section of the Riverfront Trail, between Downing Street and Bore Park, will be closed for construction until mid-October.

Detours are in place with signage directing trail users along Assomption Boulevard (at the intersection of Downing Street) and Main Street (at the intersection of Bendview Court and Bore Park).

This closure is the first of two as part of the Riverfront Improvement Project made possible through Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) funding under the Canada 150 Community Infrastructure Program.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2017, 4:12 AM

Quote:
City of Moncton press release:

MONCTON – The City of Moncton wishes to advise that a section of the Riverfront Trail, between Downing Street and Bore Park, will be closed for construction until mid-October.

Detours are in place with signage directing trail users along Assomption Boulevard (at the intersection of Downing Street) and Main Street (at the intersection of Bendview Court and Bore Park).

This closure is the first of two as part of the Riverfront Improvement Project made possible through Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) funding under the Canada 150 Community Infrastructure Program.

What exactly is it that they are doing? I remember this, but I can't remember what it looks like. Or have we seen any renders for this.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 12:27 AM

No photos, but the building at 399 St George underwent a minor facelift last week. And two more buildings in the strip connected to the Arches of St George (the 333 block) are undergoing façade renos as well. Just a bit of money makes a big difference. Much welcome. On a sour note, the old DancEast building at St George & Dominion is now home to the Humanity Project.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 1:08 PM

The Home 2 Suites by Hilton will be a great addition to downtown Moncton. This is a great new brand by Hilton and is similar to the Residence Inn by Marriott brand, it is not a comparable to the Premiere Suites concept located on Assomption Blvd. Often this brand (Home 2 Suites) is usually followed or attached by another Hilton brand property, either a Hampton Inn, Garden Inn or Doubletree. Perhaps there will be space to expand in the future. I'm also glad to see that it's 6 storeys tall.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 1:54 PM

They are detouring the walking path around the Rogers parking lot.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 3:35 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUIR@random View Post
The Home 2 Suites by Hilton will be a great addition to downtown Moncton. This is a great new brand by Hilton and is similar to the Residence Inn by Marriott brand, it is not a comparable to the Premiere Suites concept located on Assomption Blvd. Often this brand (Home 2 Suites) is usually followed or attached by another Hilton brand property, either a Hampton Inn, Garden Inn or Doubletree. Perhaps there will be space to expand in the future. I'm also glad to see that it's 6 storeys tall.
Interesting to hear that. There are two more potential hotel projects (not yet under construction) AFAIK. Valmond Robichaud's "Harper Building" project, and a hotel to replace the Swiss Chalet strip mall in the Champlain Place parking lot. There could be others. The Parcel "B" project next to the events centre could end up being at least partially a hotel project, and nobody knows yet what will happen to the Aquiliini Block. A hotel here would be a natural fit, given it's proximity to the events centre.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2017, 12:19 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Variances to allow construction of the Home 2 Suites by Hilton at the Junction Urban Village were passed by Moncton PAC last night with no dissent.

- construction timetable - 15 months
- site prep to commence this fall
- full construction to begin in the spring
- grand opening early 2019.

There will be a more formal announcement regarding the hotel project within the next few weeks. At the same time, the Junction Urban Village developers will release more information regarding the remainder of the development (presumably including the Tannery Building).

Old Posted Sep 28, 2017, 6:32 PM

I'm told the building at Fleet & Bonaccord is a daycare, and potentially a bakery on the first floor.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 1:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierremoncton View Post
I'm told the building at Fleet & Bonaccord is a daycare, and potentially a bakery on the first floor.
Daycare's need some sort of outdoor space where the kids can play in the fresh air.

That lot does not seem like a daycare would fit, and a Bakery too. We will have to see. Because a lot of Daycare's where denied licensing in the last year because of size, and/or having a yard space.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 1:50 AM

There is an existing daycare right behind this new construction with a very impressive outdoor playground.

So now we can assume this daycare is expanding into the new location?

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
Daycare's need some sort of outdoor space where the kids can play in the fresh air.

That lot does not seem like a daycare would fit, and a Bakery too. We will have to see. Because a lot of Daycare's where denied licensing in the last year because of size, and/or having a yard space.
You said earlier they're building apartments there. Do you have a source for that? I have a source telling me it's a daycare and a bakery: a construction worker on site.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
There is an existing daycare right behind this new construction with a very impressive outdoor playground.

So now we can assume this daycare is expanding into the new location?
That daycare has (or had) two playgrounds: one directly behind the new building (currently closed), and one across the street at 85 Bonaccord. The construction worker I spoke with wasn't sure if they're expanding or moving.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierremoncton View Post
You said earlier they're building apartments there. Do you have a source for that? I have a source telling me it's a daycare and a bakery: a construction worker on site.
What I said was
Quote:
If I'm not mistaken it's another apartment building.
That is at least what was planned for that area.
I dint say it was a definite. This was Based on the fact I Knew someone who owned a property there, and was trying to buy the land at that corner to fit a 12 Unit apartment building.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2017, 11:00 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micks5477 View Post
I thought I would repost micks contribution from the Retail thread.

New store going in next to Stile on Main Street - My Home Apparel.

There will soon be a nice little cluster of boutique retail on the mid portion of Main. This has been building over the last several years - good to see.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces