HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 12:24 PM

It's about time because Moncton Kia was the dinkiest dealership of them all!

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 3:28 PM

I've always wondered how they service all those Kia's on the road with only a 4 bay shop.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 8:28 PM

Taylor auto group is into the spending these days. They also purchased Hathaway ford in Amherst

Old Posted Aug 19, 2017, 3:29 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
It seems there might have been people who called on the city/province about the new Harisville/Wheeler Blvd on/off ramps, and the overpass to If I heard correctly a double diamond back intersection. The cost would be less then the cost of there curently planed intersection, and on/off ramp. Hope they look into this if it is a safer, and more cost effective option it should be done.
There was an article in the T&T today quoting the Department of Transportation as unequivocally stating that the Harrisville/Rte 15 intersection will absolutely be a dogbone interchange rather than a diverging diamond interchange.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2017, 11:48 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

They have cleared a large section of land along the east side of Frenette Avenue (near where it connects to Commerce Street in the Caledonia Industrial Park. There is an Alantra Leasing trailer on site, so imminent construction must be planned.

This property is immediately adjacent to the Kent Building Supplies regional distribution centre. There is some chatter on the web that the distribution centre is to be expanded (already). Maybe this is the case..........

Old Posted Aug 20, 2017, 2:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
There was an article in the T&T today quoting the Department of Transportation as unequivocally stating that the Harrisville/Rte 15 intersection will absolutely be a dogbone interchange rather than a diverging diamond interchange.

I had noticed that. It must be because of the people calling for a different interchange that this is now being put out into papers.

I will say I have not seen any good arguments for one over the other on most forums that I've seen except when it comes to safety but that I will have to see for myself once it's constructed since I have never seen a dogbone interchange in use. Most other complaints about it I had heard/seen sounded/seemed almost like school playground insults, and this came from adults some even older them me by miles. It's also the same people who say there older therefore whatever they say suposibly has more weight, and they are also the "I'm older therefore respect me" people.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2017, 2:30 PM

Quote:
It appears that Moncton Kia on Lewisville Road is planning a major expansion.

This will be a cool project for Moncton Kia and finally they will have a legit showroom instead of being in that small house that they started in. Almost like the move that Mazda did a while back from the dealership on Morton to the Ferdinand dealership.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2017, 2:58 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Indeed. Here's an additional rendering showing the ground floor layout of the new dealership, including a five car showroom and seven service bays.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2017, 9:54 AM

Quote:
They have cleared a large section of land along the east side of Frenette Avenue (near where it connects to Commerce Street in the Caledonia Industrial Park. There is an Alantra Leasing trailer on site, so imminent construction must be planned.

This property is immediately adjacent to the Kent Building Supplies regional distribution centre. There is some chatter on the web that the distribution centre is to be expanded (already). Maybe this is the case..........
Once when I was there via work, I asked the representative who was assigned to me what was the plan for the land. He said it was already prepped so that in a few years (about this time now) they could double in size.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
I had noticed that. It must be because of the people calling for a different interchange that this is now being put out into papers.

I will say I have not seen any good arguments for one over the other on most forums that I've seen except when it comes to safety but that I will have to see for myself once it's constructed since I have never seen a dogbone interchange in use. Most other complaints about it I had heard/seen sounded/seemed almost like school playground insults, and this came from adults some even older them me by miles. It's also the same people who say there older therefore whatever they say suposibly has more weight, and they are also the "I'm older therefore respect me" people.
Wouldn't a diverging diamond require a second overpass? I don't think the dogbone would need one as it only uses one lane for each direction.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2017, 3:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkuta View Post
Wouldn't a diverging diamond require a second overpass? I don't think the dogbone would need one as it only uses one lane for each direction.
A single, wider overpass is the usual practice.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 12:50 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

They are starting work on the first floors of these two buildings at the Faubourg de Mascaret on Morton Avenue.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 1:59 AM

Their grand opening is some day next week. Sure looks like a nice complesx.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2017, 1:27 PM

Fourbourg de mascaret on Morton will have a open house tomorrow afternoon. I know of one person moving in this week so looks like it's up and running

Old Posted Sep 2, 2017, 3:41 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Poutine Palace has opened their second location on Elmwood Drive.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 11:49 AM

I think this would be the right thread. I noticed last night that the old lilys buffet build has been demolished. Any word on plans for that lot

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 3:49 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerTom View Post
I think this would be the right thread. I noticed last night that the old lilys buffet build has been demolished. Any word on plans for that lot
That area of the city is kind of a grey area. I think most people would consider it northwest, but when I was setting up the neighbourhood threads, I envisioned Mountain Road inside Wheeler as being part of central/downtown Moncton.

Regardless, I am not sure there is anything planned for that lot. If I was to guess, I would suggest the demolition was for tax planning purposes. I think the building was unleasable, and the property taxes on a vacant lot are less than they would be with a built lot.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 10:28 PM

Quote:

Regardless, I am not sure there is anything planned for that lot. If I was to guess, I would suggest the demolition was for tax planning purposes. I think the building was unleasable, and the property taxes on a vacant lot are less than they would be with a built lot.
That was my thoughts too. Just last week the for sale sign was still in front of it.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2017, 6:07 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Pharmasave at the McLaughlin Place development is now open.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2017, 4:49 PM

Noticed that the MCS sanitation sign of the trans can is gone. Wonder what happened

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces