HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum.

Since 1999, SkyscraperPage.com's forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web.  The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics.  SkyscraperPage.com also features unique skyscraper diagrams, a database of construction activity, and publishes popular skyscraper posters.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Today, 4:09 AM
surely you agree with me

holy crap...Quebec's arena is moving along!...awesome

I'm not sure I love the view through the concourse...will make the upper deck much farther from the ice than necessary.....why do you have to see the ice from the concourse?....shouldn't you be in your seat?

You'd think the proximity of the high cost luxury suites to the ice surface (or concert stage) would outweigh whatever perceived benefit there is for seeing the ice during the intermission.

the views of the seating bowl in the animation sure dont look like it holds 20% more people than Winnipeg's MTS centre....that's 7-8 rows more....most 18500 seat arenas look different to MTS...usually a small third tier of seats or a second row of suites.

Last edited by trueviking; Today at 4:21 AM.

Old Posted Today, 4:12 AM
surely you agree with me

little birdie told me that the MTS centre will be adding 500 seats (one row) this off season.

Old Posted Today, 7:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
little birdie told me that the MTS centre will be adding 500 seats (one row) this off season.
IS that the expansion Chipman was talking about in the Free Press the other day - adding a few hundred seats hanging off the 300 level? Think he meant hanging from the raftors above the 300 level when he said that by the way.

As for Quebec's arena, I think there are a few extra rows in the lower bowl and upper bowl so that's probably around a few thousand extra seats right there. Also, MTS Centre has twenty or more portals in both the lower deck and upper deck that enter into the middle of the seating area taking with it hundreds of seats whereas Quebec's arena has no portals - everyone just walks down to their seats from the open air concessions..kinda like the lower bowl at Investors Group Field.

Look at Pittsburgh's new arena. At first glance the upper and lower bowl don't appear to fit more people than the MTS Centre but it seats 3500 more. Just like Quebec City's arena there are probably a few extra rows in the upper and lower bowl and the seating is not interrupted by the portals.

Old Posted Today, 10:11 AM

Ottawa (April 23)

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada