HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Mar 14, 2024, 8:57 AM

Always loving those road-side shades and tables and chairs like in Washington D.C and Denver and Troy as I see on this forum so I can well conduct people-watching activities while enjoying outdoor air and coffee and cigar and chats with buddies and ladies.

Yea yea I know Paris is the Mother of it all.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2024, 11:36 PM

Nice set! I drove through here a few years ago and was very impressed with how dense and urban it felt. The whole area is a bit underrated. I have a great set from Albany in November if I ever get around to posting it, that shows off a pretty unbelievable rowhouse neighborhood. It's also really neat how close the area is to both the Catskills and Adirondacks!

Old Posted Mar 17, 2024, 1:04 AM
Doc Love 3.0

Great photos, absolutely beautiful city. Not a place I’m familiar with thanks for sharing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KhMxmubp-5Q

Old Posted Mar 19, 2024, 5:52 PM
Explorateur urbain

Great photo thread. I passed through Troy a few times, I was impressed by its "good bones". Less so by the very quiet downtown, unfortunately, but it has good potential.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2024, 6:48 PM
Reach for the Clouds

Nice work.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2024, 8:40 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Fabulous bones, but what the heck did they do with that area at the bottom of those steps?

Old Posted Mar 20, 2024, 10:16 PM

When I was young, I went to a few Hardcore shows in Troy. A rival bunch of Hardcore aficionados of that time were based in Troy. They were called FSU and we would spar with them at their shows and they would spar with us at our shows in South Boston and Allston. I got my ass beat a few times in Troy. Tough bastards. Tough town.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2024, 5:14 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcamb View Post
When I was young, I went to a few Hardcore shows in Troy. A rival bunch of Hardcore aficionados of that time were based in Troy. They were called FSU and we would spar with them at their shows and they would spar with us at our shows in South Boston and Allston. I got my ass beat a few times in Troy. Tough bastards. Tough town.
i can tell your age. down in the city the upper harlem/lower bx kids used to wear the florida state fsu caps and tee shirts all the time back in the early oughties. i thought it was a thing of theirs, because no one else did, but i guess not, seems it was just a thing. for anyone wondering to them it meant f**king sh*t up. so clever, huh?

anyway, great troy pix. i have passed through, but only spent any time in schenectady and albany. the squad goals are to hit up the saratoga races in the summer sometime, so also hang awhile in troy will get added to the list. and cohoes.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2024, 2:15 AM

Lots of parked cars is good. The downtown is obviously still a destination. The cars are mostly parked on the street too, to provide buffer between car traffic and pedestrian traffic, act to calm traffic, and reduce the need for off-street parking. Even some Canadian cities fail at this basic concept (e.g. Hamilton).

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos