HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jan 10, 2024, 4:17 PM
你的媽媽

SAN FRANCISCO | 598 Bryant Street | 342 FT | 31 FLOORS

New proposal!

The specs for 598 Bryant St:
- 31 floors, 342 ft
- 380 units (35 studios, 177 1BR, 168 2BR)
- 58 of the units will be affordable
- 4,850 sq ft for retail
- Parking for 40 cars and 170 bicycles

The site:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/AotdGzEp3jPgM3GQ9

Quote:
Renderings Revealed For 31-Story Residential Tower At 598 Bryant Street, SoMa, San Francisco

BY: ANDREW NELSON 5:00 AM ON JANUARY 10, 2024

New renderings have been published alongside permit filings for a 31-story residential tower at 598 Bryant Street in SoMa, San Francisco. The development could see a freeway-adjacent gas station and two small commercial buildings replaced with nearly four hundred homes. N17, the same firm responsible for the builder’s remedy-assisted Menlo Park tower proposal, is responsible for the application.

BDE Architecture is the architect. Illustrations show a dynamic exterior with an undulating curtain-wall skin framed by narrow white features rising to various heights up the facade, asymmetrical articulation, and bulging corners. The result is a creative balance between hierarchy and organic patterns across the rectangular tower’s surface overlooking I-80. The primary use of straight lines to achieve the billowing affect also suggests the design is not quite financially infeasible.

Demolition will be required for a corner gas station and two commercial buildings. The 0.45-acre parcel is located along Bryant Street between 3rd and 4th Street, across from the now-rising 16-story apartment complex at 555 Bryant Street. The project is now entering a pipeline of several towers that could rise close to the Caltrain San Francisco Station. Taller projects that could rise close to the transit hub include the 47-story tower at 636 4th Street and 40-story corner build at 655 4th Street.
https://sfyimby.com/2024/01/renderin...francisco.html

Old Posted Jan 10, 2024, 4:18 PM
你的媽媽

Old Posted Jan 10, 2024, 5:14 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Nice to get some height south of I-80 and the nearly 400 new homes, but I'm not digging the design. In that first view looking west down I-80, it looks like it's wearing a baseball had backwards. It's like Donny from NKOTB in tower form.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Jan 10, 2024, 5:28 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Nice to get some height south of I-80 and the nearly 400 new homes, but I'm not digging the design. In that first view looking west down I-80, it looks like it's wearing a baseball had backwards. It's like Donny from NKOTB in tower form.
Yeah, I'm not really a fan of this design or the other new proposal at 650 Harrison. They're both overly busy. I much prefer some of the other more clean and elegant proposals in the vicinity such as 636 4th St and 395 3rd St, as seen below. But yes, the housing is much needed and I'm glad they're at least sticking to an urban minded template, with no podium and minimized parking, promoting public transit and walkability, as well as contributing less to vehicular congestion. The inclusion of a fairly substantial affordable hosing component is also welcome. These features are more important than the design, IMO.

https://sfyimby.com/2023/07/renderin...francisco.html

https://sfyimby.com/2023/08/city-app...francisco.html

Old Posted Jan 11, 2024, 7:58 AM

598 Bryant Street - I find the angles interesting. I look forward to seeing a new highrise in my view. The afternoon sun will provide some interesting reflections from those angles.
I would never live that close to a freeway. I visited a neighbor who lives in One Rincon - which is next to the freeway - the constant car lights at night is not a view I would want to see, a never ending distraction.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2024, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
598 Bryant Street - I find the angles interesting. I look forward to seeing a new highrise in my view. The afternoon sun will provide some interesting reflections from those angles.
I would never live that close to a freeway. I visited a neighbor who lives in One Rincon - which is next to the freeway - the constant car lights at night is not a view I would want to see, a never ending distraction.
At higher floor, it wouldn't be a distraction, but buying or renting at higher levels comes with a premium cost.

Old Posted Feb 29, 2024, 9:46 PM

The PRJ record shows it was cancelled, not 2 days after it was filed in the first place...does anybody have any insight on this?

https://sfplanninggis.org/pim/?tab=P...h=598%20bryant

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals