HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Royal Connaught Phase III in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Hamilton Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Sep 1, 2022, 10:59 PM
Burger Connoisseur

They put up a short teaser video, I LOVE that podium and covered walkway so much! Not sure how to embed a video let alone a Vimeo video.

https://www.modernecondos.com/the-mo...n-the-horizon/

Old Posted Sep 2, 2022, 2:41 PM

The colonnade looks nice until people start sleeping in it.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2022, 2:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
The colonnade looks nice until people start sleeping in it.
lol, so true.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2022, 6:41 PM

I really hope this gets built !

Old Posted Sep 14, 2022, 8:07 PM

So did this actually launch on sept 13th or does Spallaci continue to lie?

Old Posted Sep 14, 2022, 8:46 PM

Just saw an ad on Instagram saying 'Appointments Now Available'.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2022, 4:02 AM

I've got a few messages too, but I walked by their sales center today and it was pretty quiet.

For some reason I don't know why Hamilton developers refuse to hire big time Toronto marketing firms. I get it, the sticker price of 10% commission is high, but Kiwi sold out in a few days, 1 Jarvis sold out in a few days, TV city is pretty much sold out, Emblem is well on their way to selling out.

Toronto marketing firms can also increase their unit selling prices. Hamilton developer think 1000psf, Toronto firm can market at 1200psf.

No Hamilton development will sell out without the international broker network and that costs a minimum of 4%, otherwise these agents will push their clients to crappy projects in garbage cities like Kingston, London, and KW, or even St Catherines and Font Hill for that matter.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2022, 4:09 AM
Ham-burgher

While I hate saying so, feels like this has become Stinson-esque. Regardless of new ads popping up in feeds.

Promise much. Deliver... what?

Or they're trying to time the market, and keep adjusting...

Last edited by ScreamingViking; Sep 15, 2022 at 4:19 AM.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2022, 3:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escolt45 View Post
I've got a few messages too, but I walked by their sales center today and it was pretty quiet.

For some reason I don't know why Hamilton developers refuse to hire big time Toronto marketing firms. I get it, the sticker price of 10% commission is high, but Kiwi sold out in a few days, 1 Jarvis sold out in a few days, TV city is pretty much sold out, Emblem is well on their way to selling out.

Toronto marketing firms can also increase their unit selling prices. Hamilton developer think 1000psf, Toronto firm can market at 1200psf.

No Hamilton development will sell out without the international broker network and that costs a minimum of 4%, otherwise these agents will push their clients to crappy projects in garbage cities like Kingston, London, and KW, or even St Catherines and Font Hill for that matter.
To be fair, Jarvis and Kiwi both started sales at a time where the market was much hotter, interest rates much lower and there wasn't as much certainty.
With the way condos are sitting on the market longer and longer these days, prices are starting to adjust downwards and people may not be willing to pay for units "starting in the mid 500's" as much as they were in the last 2 years.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2022, 3:45 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealtorMarc View Post
To be fair, Jarvis and Kiwi both started sales at a time where the market was much hotter, interest rates much lower and there wasn't as much certainty.
With the way condos are sitting on the market longer and longer these days, prices are starting to adjust downwards and people may not be willing to pay for units "starting in the mid 500's" as much as they were in the last 2 years.
To be more fair, the entire Connaught project has had a much longer history, hasn't it?

Kiwi started to be discussed on this forum in April 2017 and 1 Jarvis in June 2020. The multi-phase RC tower project got going in 2013 I believe, first rendering posted here, at least on this site for skyscraper geeks.

I really want to see this happen. But can our cynicism can be forgiven, given the history of failed grand visions in this town?

Last edited by ScreamingViking; Sep 21, 2022 at 3:58 PM.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2022, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingViking View Post
To be more fair, the entire Connaught project has had a much longer history, hasn't it?
Definitely not disagreeing, just seems like they're choosing a bad time to start sales.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2022, 4:32 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealtorMarc View Post
Definitely not disagreeing, just seems like they're choosing a bad time to start sales.
Maybe they missed the boat, for now. Though others seem to be selling in spite of the market.

Each development is its own beast, with its own financing and backing. I hope the RC project weathers current real estate issues and gets going. Or that the subsequent phases are sold to a different developer who can shake things up.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2022, 12:13 AM

What are these appointments for exactly? Are they really to look at pricing and the disclosures and put down deposits? Or just for viewing???

No offence to Spallacci but with interest rates the way they are and going up, should you be selling this what 70-90M tower through these passive appointments with NO LAUNCH and no mention on social or in the paper??? They just have some random ads. The original building launched 8 YEARS AGO and they only within the past 2 years sold out all the units and that was the talk of the town back during the launch with line ups down the street.

Sorry but I don’t believe they are launching. Maybe they need a new business strategist.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2022, 1:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonresident View Post
What are these appointments for exactly? Are they really to look at pricing and the disclosures and put down deposits? Or just for viewing???

No offence to Spallacci but with interest rates the way they are and going up, should you be selling this what 70-90M tower through these passive appointments with NO LAUNCH and no mention on social or in the paper??? They just have some random ads. The original building launched 8 YEARS AGO and they only within the past 2 years sold out all the units and that was the talk of the town back during the launch with line ups down the street.

Sorry but I don’t believe they are launching. Maybe they need a new business strategist.
I'll offend Spallacci. Those guys are a bunch of rich Chad Bros

Follow me on Twitter: https://x.com/ham_bicycleguy?t=T_fx3...SIZNGfD4A&s=09

Old Posted Sep 23, 2022, 5:21 AM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRitsman View Post
I'll offend Spallacci. Those guys are a bunch of rich Chad Bros
Dude?

I kind of chalk it up to a first foray into something of this type and scale. While I think they have the financial means to pull it off, do they have the skillset to do it? Or would they be better off partnering with (or selling to) a firm that does?

Old Posted Sep 23, 2022, 5:24 AM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonresident View Post
should you be selling this what 70-90M tower
She will be much taller than that. 36 floors for the next phase... 110-120 metres most likely.

Others are selling (and selling out) 30-ish storey multi-tower condo complexes though. So what's the deal here?

Old Posted Sep 23, 2022, 5:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingViking View Post
Dude?

I kind of chalk it up to a first foray into something of this type and scale. While I think they have the financial means to pull it off, do they have the skillset to do it? Or would they be better off partnering with (or selling to) a firm that does?
Follow them on insta for instantaneous cringe

Follow me on Twitter: https://x.com/ham_bicycleguy?t=T_fx3...SIZNGfD4A&s=09

Old Posted Sep 25, 2022, 1:57 AM
Great White Norf

I'll believe this phase comes to fruition when I see the tower crane

Old Posted Oct 20, 2022, 11:09 PM

I had this in my email today.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2022, 3:44 PM

Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_planner View Post
I had this in my email today.

What are the odds this actually means something?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton