HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Old Posted Jan 15, 2013, 1:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
One thing I think you should address is that every other mod (including Myles and Greg) are not only displayed in purple, but in bold face as well. Signal and Jeddy are only in purple, but not bold. We need consistency here!!!
oh I agree haha but I think that's because they are mods of the atlantic section which includes halifax and St. John's where as we are mods of St. John's and cannot do the same things outside of the St. John's threads where as they can in here .. that's my guess

Old Posted Jan 15, 2013, 1:46 AM
♒︎ Empirically Canadian

The mods are also displayed at the bottom of the St.John's section, there are now seven where there used to be just three I believe . . .that should be enough.
Edit: I se it is still a work in progress for Halifax as well, so I deleted my other comment.

Quote:
jeddy1989, SignalHillHiker, JHikka, mylesmalley, Tony, Stu, itom 987

Old Posted Jan 15, 2013, 2:48 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeddy1989 View Post
oh I agree haha but I think that's because they are mods of the atlantic section which includes halifax and St. John's where as we are mods of St. John's and cannot do the same things outside of the St. John's threads where as they can in here .. that's my guess
Nope, someone123 is also bolded purple and he's just the Halifax mod. One of you guys should contact Mike K and have him fix this.....

Old Posted Jan 15, 2013, 6:09 AM
♒︎ Empirically Canadian

I think there are different levels of mods, some don't have complete powers. Also I now think Someone123 is not an official mod for Halifax, but has more general duties (because his name does not appear at the bottom of the Halifax section).

Old Posted Jan 15, 2013, 12:25 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Just checking in again... is everyone O.K. with how the threads (excluding the old ones at the bottom) are now named?

We have [St. John's] on threads that are focused on monitoring the progress of a specific project or all projects in a specific area. So this includes, for example, the official project thread, the Metro East and West threads, and projects like Fortis, 351, etc.

I added [Photos] on threads that are focused on sharing photos.

And the rest of the threads I tried to ensure consistent capitalization, proper grammar, etc. I used to have to ask to get mine fixed, ha!

Old Posted Jan 15, 2013, 1:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
Just checking in again... is everyone O.K. with how the threads (excluding the old ones at the bottom) are now named?

We have [St. John's] on threads that are focused on monitoring the progress of a specific project or all projects in a specific area. So this includes, for example, the official project thread, the Metro East and West threads, and projects like Fortis, 351, etc.

And the rest of the threads I tried to ensure consistent capitalization, proper grammar, etc. I used to have to ask to get mine fixed, ha!

Old Posted Jan 15, 2013, 1:19 PM

Quote:

I think all looks good. Thanks for stepping up for the mod role. I guess as time goes on and we have time to feel it out, you (and jeddy) can make any necessary changes if the need comes up.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2013, 1:35 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Absolutely. And I really want you all to be comfortable approaching us with your opinions.

We have to enforce the forum rules - there can be no discussion or compromise about that - but in terms of what we do here in our section, such as which threads are stickied, I hope you'll all think of Jeddy and I as equals who just happen to have the power to enact whatever we decide together. I don't want it to be seen as us in charge or anything like that. I just want it to be that we make the improvements that have a broad consensus among all of us here because we have the ability.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2013, 2:00 PM

I dunno what you're talking about signal! I wanna be KING buahahah

Just kidding, our roles now are just to moderate (and contribute) and help if there's any issues as well as a couple of people who can make changes to threads etc. if need be. *I don't feel a sense of 'power' hahah or even a suggestion that we are higher up in anything, we just decided to take on some more responsibility on SSP and that comes with the ability to help if something arises

Old Posted Jan 15, 2013, 2:04 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

You can still be King. Just a benevolent King.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2013, 3:10 PM

Quote:
Absolutely. And I really want you all to be comfortable approaching us with your opinions.

We have to enforce the forum rules - there can be no discussion or compromise about that - but in terms of what we do here in our section, such as which threads are stickied, I hope you'll all think of Jeddy and I as equals who just happen to have the power to enact whatever we decide together. I don't want it to be seen as us in charge or anything like that. I just want it to be that we make the improvements that have a broad consensus among all of us here because we have the ability.
You have just moved up a rung on the SSP hierarchy... ,

Old Posted Jan 15, 2013, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Nope, someone123 is also bolded purple and he's just the Halifax mod. One of you guys should contact Mike K and have him fix this.....
We are BOLD now

Old Posted Jan 15, 2013, 6:17 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeddy1989 View Post
We are BOLD now
Good, looks so much better!

Old Posted Jan 17, 2013, 4:22 PM

^^^ That looks very promising!

I have a couple recommendations for this thread. I think we should take out 'benefiting' from the title and just keep it as "Economic Announcements for NL". For example, the government updated the 2012/13 fiscal deficit from approx. $250 M to $728 M - this definitely doesn't benefit the province but it is an important economic announcement that's worth posting here. As well, this thread is focused on the entire province and not just St. John's. Wouldn't it be better to put this thread in the Atlantic Canada section as opposed to St. John's sub-forum? I think this is similar to the Corner Brook and Regional NL thread which was kept in the Atlantic forum.

Just a couple of thoughts to consider; what's everyone's take on it?

Old Posted Jan 17, 2013, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by statbass View Post
^^^ That looks very promising!

I have a couple recommendations for this thread. I think we should take out 'benefiting' from the title and just keep it as "Economic Announcements for NL". For example, the government updated the 2012/13 fiscal deficit from approx. $250 M to $728 M - this definitely doesn't benefit the province but it is an important economic announcement that's worth posting here. As well, this thread is focused on the entire province and not just St. John's. Wouldn't it be better to put this thread in the Atlantic Canada section as opposed to St. John's sub-forum? I think this is similar to the Corner Brook and Regional NL thread which was kept in the Atlantic forum.

Just a couple of thoughts to consider; what's everyone's take on it?
my Idea for this thread was economic activity that happens in the province that could bring jobs to St. John's, I wanted it to have to do with stories that will affect jobs in St. John's .. like there are housing starts for other towns but they are being posted in the rural NL and corner brook thread

so maybe changing the word "benefits" to "affects"?

Old Posted Jan 17, 2013, 4:32 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Maybe change it to "Economic Announcements Benefiting St. John's"?

Old Posted Jan 17, 2013, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Maybe change it to "Economic Announcements Benefiting St. John's"?
how about Economic Publications Affecting St. John's"

Old Posted Jan 17, 2013, 4:41 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Affecting works, because then you can post negative stories as well.

But "publications" seems a bit strange. It implies all of the links would have to point to some sort of attached study or other document, that a news story wouldn't be good enough.

How about news? So:

Economic News Affecting St. John's?

Old Posted Jan 17, 2013, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Affecting works, because then you can post negative stories as well.

But "publications" seems a bit strange. It implies all of the links would have to point to some sort of attached study or other document, that a news story wouldn't be good enough.

How about news? So:

Economic News Affecting St. John's?
sounds great

Old Posted Jan 17, 2013, 4:50 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Go for it. Should we delete our having discussed this, do you think? Clean up the thread? Or do we leave all these posts of ours in response to Statbass' suggestion up?

Or we could practice moving posts. We could move this whole discussion to the Help Us Improve Our Section thread?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's