HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Aug 8, 2013, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
Yeah, I don't look good in a swim suit either
Not looking good in a swim suit doesn't keep most people from frequenting water parks.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2013, 9:55 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I don't look good in a swim suit either
Ever since I was a kid I just never had an appeal towards swimming... I don't know why. Just have never been a big fan of it... this explains why I never even went to Barton Springs. I know... weird. Oddly though, I do know how to swim a little bit. I can keep myself afloat at least.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2013, 6:08 AM
Meh

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/bl...ks-ground.html
Quote:
Aug 9, 2013, 6:37am CDT UPDATED: Aug 9, 2013, 7:41am CDT
Medical offices needed — stat! — so car dealer and homebuilder get to work

Jan Buchholz
Staff Writer-
Austin Business Journal

Contractor and developer Jimmy Jacobs and automobile dealer Nyle Maxwell are jointly developing an 85,000-square-foot medical office building near Seton Healthcare Family's Cedar Park Regional Medical Center.

The four-story structure is being built at 1401 Medical Parkway.

Construction of the shell will be finished in early 2014.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2013, 9:38 PM

A couple more proposed developments have made the commercial brokerage rounds this week. Below are two of them. Neither are skyscrapers.

First: the PTA is demolishing their 1-story residential-looking headquarters building and putting up a five-story building in its place that will also have a basement and ground-floor retail. They are marketing the top floor as office space for lease. According the the marketing flyer, below (and here: http://oxco.reapplications.com/filec...20Building.pdf ) it should be complete and ready for move-in January 2015.

SECOND: The second project being advertised is a tilt-wall office campus in Round Rock, next to the Emerson campus (it used to be called Frontera Vista). This is being marketed as a build-to-suit so I don't think they will start construction if/until they get some preleasing. Below is the marketing that was spammed around, and the flyer is located here: http://image.am.jllinfo.com/lib/fef6...re+Reduced.pdf I guess they are hoping some of Gov. Perry's California prospecting will bring in some businesses looking for a bunch of office space.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2013, 2:58 AM
Meh

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/bl...of-austin.html
Quote:
Aug 23, 2013, 7:46am CDT
Plan for X Park north of Austin suffers another setback

Developers of the proposed X Park USA in Leander have suffered a financial setback in their plan to bring an extreme sports site to the North Austin suburb.

The Leander City Council unanimously voted to deny X Park’s request for the city to issue $80 million in bonds to fund the 120-acre sports and entertainment venue that’s been on the drawing board for several years.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2013, 8:32 PM

Incentives fuel business expansion in Cedar Park

http://impactnews.com/austin-metro/l...ess-expansion/

Old Posted Nov 30, 2013, 3:37 PM

Old Posted Dec 8, 2013, 10:43 AM

It's hard to keep up with all the projects going on. This may have been posted already, but in case it wasn't, a six-story Aloft Hotel and four-story Home 2 Suites Hotel are planned at the U.S. 183 and SH45 interchange. The site on Google Streetview looks to be a dead strip center with maybe a Gold Gym that's still open.

https://www.austintexas.gov/devrevie...erRSN=10986305

Old Posted Dec 8, 2013, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Country View Post
It's hard to keep up with all the projects going on. This may have been posted already, but in case it wasn't, a six-story Aloft Hotel and four-story Home 2 Suites Hotel are planned at the U.S. 183 and SH45 interchange. The site on Google Streetview looks to be a dead strip center with maybe a Gold Gym that's still open.

https://www.austintexas.gov/devrevie...erRSN=10986305
That strip mall is undergoing a renovation. Streetview hasn't updated to show that yet. There is some excavation going on behind it though. That could be the site of these hotels.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2013, 1:01 AM
Austinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyk View Post
That strip mall is undergoing a renovation. Streetview hasn't updated to show that yet. There is some excavation going on behind it though. That could be the site of these hotels.
Aloft Hotel is going up on the west side of 183, between the new HEB Plus and Barnes and Noble (about a block east of Lakeline Mall). Home2Suites opened a few weeks ago. The renovated shopping center at the NE corner of 183/45 is now called "The Hub.." Behind it is a new apartment complex under construction and a proposed Sam's Club warehouse.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2013, 11:41 PM
Meh

http://www.statesman.com/news/busine...homegro/ncGC3/
Quote:
Posted: 2:00 p.m. Monday, Dec. 9, 2013
Office project planned for Southwest Austin

By Shonda Novak
American-Statesman Staff

Officials with HPI Real Estate Services & Investments said work is scheduled to start Jan. 1 on a 250,000-square foot office building in its San Clemente development at Capital of Texas Highway (Loop 360) and Westlake Drive.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2013, 10:32 PM

Drove by the Hawaiian Falls Water Park location in Pflugerville an hour ago, not much going on except there is now a construction trailer on site with a banner stating the Grand Opening is set for May 2014. The boundaries are well defined by runoff catch nets, but other than that, little earth has been moved. Looks like its going to be right off the southbound 130 row and 685 and should be quite visable from both roads. I don't really see this causing much of a traffic issue as people are saying especially if there are entrances from both roads. I think most of the opposition is due to water consumption. But with 3 golf courses nearby, Blackhawk, Star Ranch, and Forest Creek, I don't hear any complaints about the millions of gallons they collectively use to keep the grass green for vastly fewer users.
Anyway, I expected to see heavy equipment on site by now, with only 5 months to reach their deadline, perhaps it doesn't take that long to build a medium sized water park.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2013, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Drove by the Hawaiian Falls Water Park location in Pflugerville an hour ago, not much going on except there is now a construction trailer on site with a banner stating the Grand Opening is set for May 2014. The boundaries are well defined by runoff catch nets, but other than that, little earth has been moved. Looks like its going to be right off the southbound 130 row and 685 and should be quite visable from both roads. I don't really see this causing much of a traffic issue as people are saying especially if there are entrances from both roads. I think most of the opposition is due to water consumption. But with 3 golf courses nearby, Blackhawk, Star Ranch, and Forest Creek, I don't hear any complaints about the millions of gallons they collectively use to keep the grass green for vastly fewer users.
Anyway, I expected to see heavy equipment on site by now, with only 5 months to reach their deadline, perhaps it doesn't take that long to build a medium sized water park.
That trailer has been there since before ground breaking. Also, on the tollway side there is a construction entrance with a storage trailer.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2014, 10:24 PM
Meh

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/l...putters/nct6x/
Quote:
Posted: 5:23 p.m. Monday, Jan. 20, 2014
Land sits empty as Leander’s rail district sputters

By Andra Lim
American-Statesman Staff

The major landowners in the 2,300-acre district surrounding the Leander MetroRail station were fed up with the city. They have seen little progress in the city’s decade-long effort to create a bustling downtown around the station, where planners envisioned multistory buildings allowing residents to live, work and shop within walking distance of public transit.

Last edited by KevinFromTexas; Jan 21, 2014 at 10:48 PM.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2014, 10:48 PM
Meh

San Marcos

http://www.sanmarcostx.gov/index.asp...d=1860&page=34
Quote:
Main Street Hosts Coffee Talk on Proposed Downtown Midrise

Posted Date: 1/17/2014

As directed by the Planning & Zoning Commission, the Main Street Program will host a Coffee Talk regarding the nine-story development proposed for Edward Gary Street and Hutchison Drive at the LBJ Museum, 131 N. Guadalupe St., from 5 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 22.

Carson Diversified Properties 2, LLC requested a warrant that would allow the project to be built higher than the five-story limit set in the SmartCode for that zoning district. The Commission postponed consideration of the request at its Jan. 14 meeting to give more time for public input.
Here's more on it with a rendering. It's multi-family residential with street level retail. That's pretty sweet for San Marcos.

Carson Properties

http://impactnews.com/austin-metro/s...t-for-jan.-28/
Quote:
Decision on nine-story development in downtown San Marcos set for Jan. 28

by Brett Thorne January 15, 2014

A decision on whether or not to grant a warrant request for a developer looking to build a nine-story multifamily development in downtown San Marcos will be made Jan. 28.

The San Marcos Planning and Zoning Commission heard more than an hour of public comments and discussion on the proposed development, which would include 4,000 square-feet of retail space on the first floor, a 1,250-square-foot first-floor outdoor patio, two levels of parking and 95 housing units containing 344 bedrooms.

Carson said he hopes to begin construction of the project in late spring 2014 and is aiming for an opening in late summer 2015.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2014, 11:05 PM
Meh

And another one for San Marcos. This one has 7 floors. This says they were supposed to vote on it on January 14. I couldn't find anything else on it. Maybe someone else knows something.

http://impactnews.com/austin-metro/s...ed-to-january/
Quote:
Developer height request pushed to January
by Brett Thorne December 12, 2013

Discussion of a proposed mixed-use development at 206, 216 and 220 North Edward Gary St. was pushed to January at the San Marcos Planning and Zoning Commission’s Dec. 10 meeting.

In an email, John David Carson of Carson Properties said the development will include a 20-foot-tall retail level concealing two levels of parking. The development will include up to 282 beds and a community center.

The development would include seven stories where the city’s SmartCode only allows five. The additional height would have to be approved by the commission before it could move forward.
-

http://impactnews.com/austin-metro/s...-code-rewrite/
Quote:
San Marcos begins Land Development Code rewrite
by Brett Thorne December 12, 2013

Slated for late 2014 completion, code rewrite dictates density, environmental protections, roads

San Marcos City Council approved a comprehensive master plan in April, but the real work is just underway as the city begins rewriting its Land Development Code, the tool that will allow it to implement the comprehensive plan.

Matthew Lewis, director of planning and development services, said the city is well positioned to take advantage of Central Texas’ booming growth, but the future of the city hinges on how the code is written.

“We’ve got to get this done right,” Lewis said. “If we get a development code that doesn’t work, this thing is not going to get implemented, and [San Marcos’] potential starts to fall off.”

In addition to utilities, the code controls density. The code currently encourages the kind of sprawling development that is not ideal for a city expected to add 33,000 people by 2035, Lewis said.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2014, 3:35 AM

Hotel at Hill Country Galleria soon to break ground

Quote:
By Rachel Rice

Austin Community Newspapers Staff

The Sonesta Bee Cave hotel planned for the east side of the Hill Country Galleria will break ground during a ceremony on March 6.

The six-story hotel will have 200 guest rooms, 10,000 square feet of meeting space, more than 200 parking spaces in the underground parking garage, a swimming pool and a rooftop bar.

“We’re thrilled,” Hill Country Galleria manager Adrian Overstreet said. “We’ve worked for several years to make this hotel a reality.”

Construction on the hotel is anticipated to take 15 months and we be completed sometime in May 2015, said Overstreet. He is unsure exactly when the hotel will be open for business, due to a number of factors.
http://www.statesman.com/news/news/l...k-groun/ndW5P/

Old Posted Feb 24, 2014, 1:15 AM
Meh

This says it'll break ground this fall and be complete in 2015.

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/ne...ce-center.html
Quote:
Feb 22, 2014, 3:19pm CST
Georgetown finalizes hotel and conference center developments

Robert Grattan
Staff Writer-
Austin Business Journal

The city of Georgetown has finalized development agreements for a $65 million, 220-room Sheraton hotel and conference center at the Rivery near I-35 between State Highway 29 and Williams Drive.

The project is slated to break ground this fall and be completed by the end of 2014.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2014, 6:02 AM
Meh

http://www.kvue.com/news/business/Pf...247512301.html
Quote:
Pflugerville to get first hotel in 2015

by KVUE News
kvue.com
Posted on February 27, 2014 at 7:36 AM

PFLUGERVILLE, Texas -- There's big news for Pflugerville as the city plans to get its very first hotel next year.

A 70-room Best Western Plus is expected to open sometime after mid-2015.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2014, 6:13 AM

If you haven't been by the Domain lately, there is a plethora of construction going in and around it. Its quite amazing. I only wish I could take some pics and post. Anyone who can might like to and share on this thread. It would be worth the trip.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin