HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 9:58 AM

Feneant, I heard they are building a training facility to be used at nights only to train trash collectors how to make the most noise possible. LOL
(Bad joke. Good luck with your new neighbours.)

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 2:57 PM

the landlocked property next to 50 OLD BARN Road was sold last Month for 245,564$ on 2018-06-20,and 50 Old Barn road is backup for sale without development plans this time around.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneant View Post
Signs up on Gorge next to the church, it's an Ambulance depot... right in my backyard

I guess there's some kind of rules about when they turn on sirens? I'm not sure but maybe MonctonRad can fill in the blanks even though it's not your end of the hospital
I wouldn't worry about it. It is only the base for the Moncton District of Ambulances and the Eastern Operations (Admin). It will be basically where they do shift change and store the off-duty ambulances during the evening. It won't be packed full of ambulances responding from that one location as they are spread out across Moncton in strategic locations. The Provincial Fleet Center is staying in the industrial park.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Boy View Post
I wouldn't worry about it. It is only the base for the Moncton District of Ambulances and the Eastern Operations (Admin). It will be basically where they do shift change and store the off-duty ambulances during the evening. It won't be packed full of ambulances responding from that one location as they are spread out across Moncton in strategic locations. The Provincial Fleet Center is staying in the industrial park.
No kidding? That's not bad at all then. The work started yesterday with some surveying and they are now cleaning out the land to get the pad ready to build.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 2:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Things are beginning to move along quite quickly at the Mapleton/TCH interchange as they begin to widen Mapleton Road under the TCH overpass. I'm not sure if the current work will include aligning the Mapleton/Northwood/Queensway intersection or not.
I am happy to say that the construction is of a sidewalk that was petitioned for by those of us who live up yonder in the Mapleton area. It was getting way way way too risky to walk from our homes to the nearby Mapleton Park. Seemed odd to be so close yet have to drive there in order avoid getting smoked by traffic. With rushed drivers and those who aren't paying attention, I have been surprised that no serious accidents have occurred. The Holiday Inn Express is supposed to, as per what was agreed with the planning commission, to curb their corner and construct some sidewalk as well.
Sad to say though that they should have taken the realignment into consideration.... typical I guess.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 4:53 AM

Finished product of Maritime-Ontario on Berry Mills road.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 7:56 PM

I've been inside the M-O terminal and it's pretty darned big, as we can see in your excellent photo, but they have room to expand pretty much all they want.
I went to their grand opening met all the top brass and I don't know trucking but I was surprised at how little top-tier managers this chain has. They are a lean machine.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 2:06 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Martell Homes plans on building about 100 town homes in the Jonathan Park subdivision, off of Ryan Street in the next four years.

Here's a representation of what these town homes will look like:

Access to the development will be off Amiens Drive (the extension of Evergreen Drive south of Ryan Street.

Construction is well underway. The first unit should be ready for occupancy by December.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 2:45 AM

Quote:
Martell Homes plans on building about 100 town homes in the Jonathan Park subdivision, off of Ryan Street in the next four years.

Here's a representation of what these town homes will look like:

Access to the development will be off Amiens Drive (the extension of Evergreen Drive south of Ryan Street.

Construction is well underway. The first unit should be ready for occupancy by December.

These faces explain how I feel about this...

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 10:31 AM

Is Moncton seriously growing at a rate requiring all these new homes? I don't know how we went from a glut of houses for sale a couple of years ago to building what feels like an insane amount of new houses.

Not to mention with the baby boomers getting older, won't we just end up with hundreds, if not thousands, of empty homes with 20-25 years?

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 11:24 AM

Holiday Inn Express

As I drive by the new Holiday Inn Express on Mapleton rd every day, I started to notice a change in the vehicles out front.

I looked it up on their website, and it appears that they are open for business. Rooms are able to be booked now.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 12:22 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Is Moncton seriously growing at a rate requiring all these new homes? I don't know how we went from a glut of houses for sale a couple of years ago to building what feels like an insane amount of new houses.

Not to mention with the baby boomers getting older, won't we just end up with hundreds, if not thousands, of empty homes with 20-25 years?
I'm not going to go out of my way to defend this housing development but:

- Moncton is growing by about 1,500 - 2,000 souls per year so yes, new housing will be necessary in the city for some time to come.
- A variety of housing options are required in the city, including apartments, condos, townhomes and detached dwellings.
- This particular development is targeted to "empty nesters" who are downsizing.
- An attempt has been made to maintain a treed buffer along the rear property lines.
- This is a condo-like development where lawn maintenance and snow clearing can be shared and contracted out, thus ensuring the properties will be well maintained.
- I think the quality of the buildings will be better than the render lets on.
- The alternative to housing options like this would be "mini-home" subdivisions like the one in behind the Timmies/Shell combo at the Horsman/Berry Mills intersection. I prefer this over that.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 3:34 PM

Quote:

my Brother is a manager of a Moncton warehouse that supplies/delivers Windows and doors to Stores like Kent and to building Contractors. During the summer He is run off his feet and often works 7:30 to 7:00 pm to get everything out the door on schedule.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2018, 2:39 AM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrhardt View Post
As I drive by the new Holiday Inn Express on Mapleton rd every day, I started to notice a change in the vehicles out front.

I looked it up on their website, and it appears that they are open for business. Rooms are able to be booked now.
They opened Friday June 29th officially

Old Posted Jul 21, 2018, 5:51 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The structural steel for the new anglophone middle school in the Mountain Way Estates subdivision is going up.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 12:50 PM

Legends Restaurant

Does anyone know what is supposed to happen to Legends Restaurant. Since they pan to no longer use The Coliseum? Also it seems that at least for next year the old timers hockey league still has the Coliseum on there list of venues.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 3:39 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

from 91.9 The Bend

North End Moncton Gets $17 Million YMCA Community Centre
Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2018 11:44 AM

All three levels of government are contributing a combined total of $14 million to a new YMCA community centre in the north end of Moncton - $6 million from the City of Moncton, with $4 million each from the federal and the provincial governments.

CEO Zane Korytko was ecstatic when he announced the news, saying area residents have been waiting almost 20 years.

The new facility will be built on a planned extension of Twin Oaks Drive between Evergreen Drive and Ryan Street.

"We're gonna be putting in an indoor splash pad and playground, unique not just to Moncton, but unique to I think Canada, I've yet to find a Y that has an indoor splashpad, and playground," says Korytko.

While wryly remarking about the weather in this part of Canada meaning outdoor splash pads are only useable a couple months a year, he said the new one at the community centre in the north end will be useable all year round.

The centre will also include a gym and fitness centre, an elecated indoor walking track as well as a multi purpose space for community support services and amenities.

Korytko expects to have shovels in the ground by the time it thaws next spring, and are planning for a grand opening in spring 2020.

The remaining $3 million will come from a yet to be launched capital fundraising campaign to be run by the YMCA of Greater Moncton.

Korytko said the work behind the campaign was underway, and they expect to get it up and running in the near future.

So, if shovels will be in the ground in the spring, they must be concurrently going to build the extension of Twin Oaks to the Ryan Street roundabout.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2018, 1:11 AM

I was unaware that Barnaby & Co had closed there doors. Anyone know what they are doing with the building, and also why do I still sometimes hear there pre recorded adverts on the radio?

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 1:00 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
The structural steel for the new anglophone middle school in the Mountain Way Estates subdivision is going up.
from Mayor Dawn Arnold's FB page

As seen from the Northwest Trail.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 2:00 AM
Moderator / Supervillain

What exactly is being done at Berry Mills by Wheeler? Couldn't find anything on the city or DOT's websites.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces