HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jul 9, 2018, 5:35 PM

On one of there home hardware facebook post, its say:

We are excited that our new neighbors will be opening in the fall! our Elmwood location will be a few years down the road but we are very exited for the future!

Old Posted Jul 9, 2018, 10:08 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

It's interesting to see that they are currently putting in a lot of fill just to the west of the Costco site on Granite Drive. It looks as if they are creating a building pad. This is where I assume the new Elmwood Home Hardware will go. This does not imply imminent construction, it just means a pad is being created.

Also, the exterior foundational walls are now being installed at the Costco site. Things are starting to get very busy on Granite Drive..........

Old Posted Jul 14, 2018, 1:14 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is a new job advert on Indeed for an assistant manager for a Champlain Place location for West 49

https://ca.indeed.com/jobs?q=Retail&...9ee99d8dafd4f1

This was posted four days ago.

This would tend to imply that West 49 is indeed planning on reopening in Champlain Place in the not too distant future.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2018, 1:41 AM

Saw this posted on the Saint John Project Thread, and thought it would fit well here: http://thinkretail.ca/post/five-guys...ew-restaurants

Old Posted Jul 15, 2018, 1:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
Saw this posted on the Saint John Project Thread, and thought it would fit well here: http://thinkretail.ca/post/five-guys...ew-restaurants
Quote:
Koeppel Companies has also plans to ramp up expansion of Five Guys in the Maritimes in early 2019 and the initial focus there is on Halifax, Moncton and St. John. They seek opportunities of 2,500 to 3,200 sq. ft. in open-air centres (with patio), high streets and super regional malls.
CMA, CMA, CMA. If this happened 5 years or so from now you could be sure Freddy would be on that short list too.

Still they are taking their time expanding, while not ignoring the maritimes so they'll probably do well in the end. And I'm sure Freddy will be on the next short list regardless.

For Moncton, I suspect they'll go for a downtown location, close to the new Centre. Lots of possible places there I'm sure, if they move quick to secure the space.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
CMA, CMA, CMA. If this happened 5 years or so from now you could be sure Freddy would be on that short list too.

Still they are taking their time expanding, while not ignoring the maritimes so they'll probably do well in the end. And I'm sure Freddy will be on the next short list regardless.

For Moncton, I suspect they'll go for a downtown location, close to the new Centre. Lots of possible places there I'm sure, if they move quick to secure the space.
I think There slow expansion while not ignoring areas like the Maritimes has to do with watching so many other companies struggle after quick, and massive expansions, and Knowing that the Maritimes is a great place for business expansion especially in the food/restaurant industry.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 12:02 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Sunrise Records in Champlain Place has temporarily closed. Apparently they are relocating to the old West 49 space and will reopen in August.

With Sunrise Records relocating, and the adjacent RUA Sports Fanatic closing, this will mean there will be two adjacent CRUs that will be vacant. More often than not, when this happens, this means the spaces are to be amalgamated for a new retailer.

In this light, it is interesting that West 49 has a new job advert out for an assistant manager, indicating that they plan on reopening. I wonder if Sunrise Records and West 49 are simply swapping spaces???

EDIT:

The rumour is that Sunrise Records will not occupy the entire West 49 space. The portion formerly occupied by Mexx Kids (in the distant past) might be destined for a coffee outlet (likely a relocation of either the Second Cup or Starbucks kiosks. If so, this could be a good move since there will soon be nearly 1100 new thirsty workers at the TD Corporate Banking Centre across the hallway.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Jul 16, 2018 at 12:32 AM.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 2:42 AM

Also Envy clothing will be holdOmg a job fair coming up soon according to their instagram.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 6:57 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

For what it’s worth, I ate at the Milestone’s restaurant in downtown Ottawa on Sunday. I mentioned something to our server about how nice it would be to have a Milestone’s location in Moncton.

He said that the co-owner of the Milestone’s and Montana’s restaurants in Ottawa was originally from Moncton, and had sold his interests and was going to return to Moncton to open a Milestone’s here.

I have no reason to disbelieve the server, and assuming he didn’t get his cities mixed up, this might be pretty good evidence that Milestone’s may indeed be on the way.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
For what it’s worth, I ate at the Milestone’s restaurant in downtown Ottawa on Sunday. I mentioned something to our server about how nice it would be to have a Milestone’s location in Moncton.

He said that the co-owner of the Milestone’s and Montana’s restaurants in Ottawa was originally from Moncton, and had sold his interests and was going to return to Moncton to open a Milestone’s here.

I have no reason to disbelieve the server, and assuming he didn’t get his cities mixed up, this might be pretty good evidence that Milestone’s may indeed be on the way.
Would Milestones open in a hotel?? or are they more of a stand alone restaurant?

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 7:35 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI highway guy View Post
Would Milestones open in a hotel?? or are they more of a stand alone restaurant?
They could open in a hotel, yes, but frequently have standalone locations

Old Posted Jul 28, 2018, 1:47 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Structural steel is on site for the new Costco at the Granite Centre.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2018, 12:27 AM

Pitaza on Mountain Road in the Lounsbury Centre closed over the weekend.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2018, 8:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Pitaza on Mountain Road in the Lounsbury Centre closed over the weekend.
Posted on the Pitaza Facebook page Pitaza Facebook

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 11:58 AM

About a dozen pieces of structural steel have been installed at the Costco site. A crane was there this morning installing one of the horizontal beams.

Seeing the steel go up really puts the size of the building in perspective. It looks huge.

Too much traffic this morning for a picture, unfortunately.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Sunrise Records in Champlain Place has temporarily closed. Apparently they are relocating to the old West 49 space and will reopen in August.

With Sunrise Records relocating, and the adjacent RUA Sports Fanatic closing, this will mean there will be two adjacent CRUs that will be vacant. More often than not, when this happens, this means the spaces are to be amalgamated for a new retailer.

In this light, it is interesting that West 49 has a new job advert out for an assistant manager, indicating that they plan on reopening. I wonder if Sunrise Records and West 49 are simply swapping spaces???

EDIT:

The rumour is that Sunrise Records will not occupy the entire West 49 space. The portion formerly occupied by Mexx Kids (in the distant past) might be destined for a coffee outlet (likely a relocation of either the Second Cup or Starbucks kiosks. If so, this could be a good move since there will soon be nearly 1100 new thirsty workers at the TD Corporate Banking Centre across the hallway.
I was talking to a staff member of Sunrise Records at a show at the Caveau last night, she said that they were moving because another store wanted their location and that where they were moving was bigger anyway, that would indicate that they may actually be talking up all of the former West 49/Mexz space. She’s not sure when they reopen though.

I have to wonder of the rest of the space formerly occupied by Tommy Hilfiger, RUA Sports Fanatic & Sunrise Records would combine into one space.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 6:11 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I see that there is an Avondale Construction sign up next to the former Roots location in Wheeler Park. I presume that this means renovations are pending for a new tenant.

Someone on here was speculating on a Kelseys restaurant in this location, but I don't think so. Its not large enough, and Kelseys usually goes for standalone locations in any event.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2018, 12:11 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Regarding the above Kelsey's rumour:

Kelsey's Roadhouse is indeed opening a restaurant in Moncton. There is a job advert on Indeed.com for a manager for the new Moncton restaurant. This is the first concrete evidence that this rumour was true.
https://ca.indeed.com/jobs?q=Restaur...493ec0d61507bb

There may be an Avondale Construction sign on the old Roots location at Wheeler Park, but I still think this location is too small for them. I guess we'll know more within the next month or so.........

Old Posted Aug 3, 2018, 4:36 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Old Posted Aug 4, 2018, 3:39 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Former Roots location at Wheeler Park. There is now an Avondale Construction sign on site.

The rumour is that Kelsey's restaurant may be locating here. Initially, I thought that this site may be too small, but I am starting to have second thoughts.

This store is much wider at the back than it is at the front. As such, there might in fact be enough room here to locate the kitchen and still maintain most of the retail floor space for the dining room. There is also the possibility that they might extend the building in front of the receiving bay in order to give it more room, or possibly a patio area. This might work.

Also:

- Kelsey's tends to favour big box retail centres for their restaurants, and Wheeler Park would certainly fill the bill.
- East Side Mario's is essentially next door, and there would be value in co-locating with another popular restaurant chain.
- The Wheeler Park eight screen Cineplex Theatre is also very handy. Good for dinner-and-a-movie.

If Kelsey's does move in here, then Wheeler Park will have accomplished the rare feat of achieving 100% occupancy, despite the imminent decamping of Costco to the Granite Centre. One would have thought that the loss of Costco would have been a major blow to Wheeler Park, but so far it doesn't seem so. It makes one wonder if there are not already plans afoot to replace Costco with another tenant and that this could be boosting the confidence level of all the other tenants in the complex.........

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces