HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Feb 7, 2015, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike328 View Post
I have yet to see any spots where semi's can access the field. Is this not necessary anymore? (thinking for concerts and such)
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
Good point I haven't seen anything on the renderings either.
I always assumed there would be some sort of ramp or something south of the park, as seen in this picture:

Old Posted Feb 7, 2015, 4:27 PM

I would say you're right based on that image. Looks like a wide road coming off Lewvan. Then skirting the perimeter of the site to a back entrance if you will. Keeping all large trucks from the main areas where people are.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2015, 4:56 PM

There is a large tunnel in the SW corner that presumably will lead to a ramp up to grade level

Source: RRI

Old Posted Feb 7, 2015, 5:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Not to keep comparing with IG field. but it's a very similar layout, except for the obvious non continuous bowl. Which is great. New mosaic looks like a beauty!

But the event level is where all the stuff for the events happens. Locker rooms, training, etc. Again similar to IG field. Under one grandstand there is nothing really. under the other is where everything happens (event level)
Well they are both sunken bowls with the exact same capacity and spectator roofs. I thought IGF was absolutely fantastic when I visited and I am hoping NMS will be even better.

One big difference is the one end zone has an upper deck and a spectator roof. The other end zone just has standing tiers or maybe future loge seating. The roof is more wrap around.

Last edited by Stormer; Feb 7, 2015 at 5:23 PM.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2015, 5:33 PM

In this informative video, PCL explains the process and provides some info on the levels.

http://player.vimeo.com/video/118251...0&color=00704a

Old Posted Feb 7, 2015, 5:38 PM

What are the chances the roof will look anywhere near what the renders are showing?

Old Posted Feb 7, 2015, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
What are the chances the roof will look anywhere near what the renders are showing?
I think it will be exactly like the renders. It is quite a bit different from the concept that had a floating roof with no apparent trusses

Old Posted Feb 7, 2015, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I think it will be exactly like the renders. It is quite a bit different from the concept that had a floating roof with no apparent trusses
I'd be pretty surprised if that's how it turned out... I'm no engineer, but can those handle the snow and wind loads we get on the prairies? That design looks like it might be better suited for the US sunbelt.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2015, 8:03 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
The finished product will look exactly like the renders. And I can confirm that there is a ramp in the SW corner for trucks to have access to field level.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2015, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
The finished product will look exactly like the renders. And I can confirm that there is a ramp in the SW corner for trucks to have access to field level.
Excellent. Thanks Stormer and Migs

Old Posted Feb 8, 2015, 3:40 AM

The new stadium in Regina looks like it is going to a nice addition to the Regina skyline, notice I said Regina not Vagina. One thing I'm missing though is that it was my understanding that the stadium was to be a roof ready design. Unless I'm missing something here this doesn't look a roof ready design if I'm any judge. Or was that design concept scraped?

Old Posted Feb 8, 2015, 3:46 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillweed View Post
The new stadium in Regina looks like it is going to a nice addition to the Regina skyline, notice I said Regina not Vagina. One thing I'm missing though is that it was my understanding that the stadium was to be a roof ready design. Unless I'm missing something here this doesn't look a roof ready design if I'm any judge. Or was that design concept scraped?
It's likely still roof-ready. Remove the current roof over the north end (which appears different from the rest of the roof anyway), and you would likely have a type of roof designed that would arch lengthwise over the centre of the stadium, connecting to the roofing on the east and west sides.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2015, 4:27 AM

The only thing I can think of that looks like would work is if they did something like Montreal with the Big O.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2015, 3:38 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Well they are both sunken bowls with the exact same capacity and spectator roofs. I thought IGF was absolutely fantastic when I visited and I am hoping NMS will be even better.

One big difference is the one end zone has an upper deck and a spectator roof. The other end zone just has standing tiers or maybe future loge seating. The roof is more wrap around.

Looks a little seating heavy behind the goal lines. Same mistake as Winnipeg's new stadium where there is not enough seating in the area of the field where most of the play actually takes place!

Who comes up with these designs, obviously not football fans or at least those that attend games!

Old Posted Feb 9, 2015, 3:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Looks a little seating heavy behind the goal lines. Same mistake as Winnipeg's new stadium where there is not enough seating in the area of the field where most of the play actually takes place!

Who comes up with these designs, obviously not football fans or at least those that attend games!
I think it is just being practical, if you want protected bowl, you have endzone seating. I believe they claim New Mosaic will actually have a higher percentage of sideline seats compared to Taylor Field.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2015, 3:56 PM

Even though it appears IGF and NMS will have about the same number of endzone seats, I prefer the NMS endzone configuration for these reasons:

-NMS has a second tier of endzone seats which should offer a better view than the lower endzone seats

-The horseshoe leaves an endzone open which is perfect for the standup club area that appears to be planned, and it makes temporary or permanent future expansion very easy

Old Posted Feb 9, 2015, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
I hope the general lounge is like the one at the Sasktel Centre (Credit Union Centre) OR maybe it will be like Winnipeg's or Hamilton's end zone lounge thingy?

I also really hope they have a "Virtual Venue" up soon on the website!
From HKS:
Quote:
You don’t frequently see a lounge like this in stadiums for general admission ticket holders. The Roughriders wanted to ensure that their ticket holders had access to premium areas. This is a comfortable lounge with great food, drink and washroom amenities for everyone. It’s a great space for fans to hang out in prior to or during the game and its located directly behind the general admission seating on the west side with easy access to the park.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2015, 5:47 PM

These "end-zone" seats will be reserved IMO for walk-up as the majority of season ticket holders will get side-line seats. However, as a season ticket holder I wouldn't mind seat in the upper section on the end zone. This due to the fact that I don't have to turn my head to watch, and with a massive Display at the end, I won't miss any action Similar to why I like seats at the end of the Brandt Centre.

To each their own, but I imagine there will be a good mix. Also with the bowl going all the way around and the ability to walk around a lot people will be mingling on the ground level.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2015, 6:12 PM

With that glass roof it would really look nice in the Regina skyline if they can light it up at night like they do with BC Place in Vancouver.

Photo by Kevin Eng

Last edited by Dillweed; Feb 9, 2015 at 6:45 PM.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2015, 7:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillweed View Post
With that glass roof it would really look nice in the Regina skyline if they can light it up at night like they do with BC Place in Vancouver.

Photo by Kevin Eng
Like this?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan