HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Nov 26, 2015, 12:43 AM

Hammer Winter Tour 2015

My third installment of pictures is composed of shots from the Hamilton area taken over the last two months. Part of this set include bits of Dundas and Flamborough but for the most part were taken West Hamilton/ Downtown/ or North of Barton. For viewers new to my threads I attempt to showcase the urbanism, blight, and derelict of cities. I also enjoy showcasing cities from unique vantage points that one would not expect to be seeing their environment through. As can be seen in the pictures below, my friend and I recently found ourselves on top of the McMaster University childrens hospital where we were able to get some sweet shots of the area.

If you like what you see please consider following me on instagram @charl3magne

This will be a briefer photo essay than usual. Enjoy the show please leave thoughts, comments, and critiques. Thank you.

Church near Queen st S and Aberdeen.

Underside of a CN Railway bridge in Dundas

Supports of the Sydneham Cut from Dundas to Flamborough

Loving these Dundas views

One of my favourites from the dirty D

Industrial plants from the NE Beach strip. Meh, a much better picture of this scene exists and I will go back and take it. Just put this in here for a bit of variety.

Winter's ONE redeeming quality may be the phenomenally clear skies created by the cold temperatures. This was taken last year in December 2014.

Another old one. The Mountain Sanatorium near Mohawk College. One of the most fascinating examples of Hamilton's history. Built in 1906 this building is now demolished </3 I have 400 - 500 pictures of the outside and interior of the building that I can share upon request.

Barton and Ottawa area

My partner in crime and I. Looking south towards main and emerson from the roof of the McMaster childrens hospital.

Just the tips of the downtown skyline peeking over the trees. Looking east from the hospital

James St

Anatomy of a city block

Old Posted Nov 26, 2015, 12:28 PM

Great stuff. Keep 'em coming!

Old Posted Nov 26, 2015, 5:00 PM

Nice to see the Hammer again!

Shots like this could be brilliant. Go back to this location and work on the angle and exposure a bit to make the skyline stand out more.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2015, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flar View Post
Nice to see the Hammer again!

Shots like this could be brilliant. Go back to this location and work on the angle and exposure a bit to make the skyline stand out more.
Thanks for the input Flar I will go back! I have never shot from dundas peak (or even hiked it) during the winter so that should be very unique and interesting

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos