HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Dec 18, 2015, 2:39 PM

As promised (apologies for the potato quality...tough shooting through the glass windows)

Old Posted Jan 11, 2016, 3:18 PM

Bribery Bakery is now open!

Closed on Mondays, but open for business.

Now I can't wait for http://www.locadoroaustin.com/ to open!

First post!

Old Posted Jan 11, 2016, 7:21 PM

EDIT: See post below. Double post.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2016, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVSmitty View Post
Closed on Mondays, but open for business.

Now I can't wait for http://www.locadoroaustin.com/ to open!

First post!
I figured it was going to be any day now. All the furniture was in and staged. All it was missing was, well, food. Can't wait to check it out when I get home.

L'Oco Doro has a long ways to go. Haven't even started.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 9:00 PM

My error, Bribery is not actually open. I assumed that they would be after the previews that they did over the weekend. I went by yesterday to buy something but there's only a Help Wanted sign.

In other Mueller news, they broke ground on both the "Diamond" building and the new Alamo Drafthouse this week.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2016, 1:52 AM

Mueller wants to increase their own density. Maybe they can squeeze in a 400' building:

http://forum.atxfriends.org/t/neighb...in-mueller/340

Full resolution:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzU...5zejN6NUE/view

Old Posted Jan 22, 2016, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVSmitty View Post
My error, Bribery is not actually open. I assumed that they would be after the previews that they did over the weekend. I went by yesterday to buy something but there's only a Help Wanted sign.

In other Mueller news, they broke ground on both the "Diamond" building and the new Alamo Drafthouse this week.
Just a heads up. Bribery is open this weekend (incl today). Here's the announcement we got from AMLI.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2016, 2:52 AM

Lots More Mueller Restaurants Coming

LOCAL BIZ ON THE WAY TO MUELLER IN 2016

•L’Oca D’Oro Pasta Kitchen

•Alamo Drafthouse

•B.D. Riley’s Irish Pub

•Lick Ice Creams

•Halcyon Coffee › Bar › Lounge

•Stella Public House

•J.T.Youngblood’s Fried Chicken

Lots of details here: http://tablet.olivesoftware.com/Oliv...F24&id=Ar08105

Old Posted Jan 26, 2016, 4:07 PM

Short update on construction happenings:

Construction is in full swing on the AMLI/Greystar apartments across Berkman from HEB. Grading seems to be done and they're actually digging real holes this time.

Streets are being channeled out. This one, I believe, is Page St, looking north toward 51st.

And this is Simond Ave. extending east across Berkman.

Finally, much of the attention is that they've broken ground the "diamond" lot (which I'm pretty sure is more of a triangle, but "The Triangle" is already taken I suppose). It's hard to see the progress on Alamo, so I didn't both to photograph it this go-round.

In other news, they have broken ground on L'Oca D'Oro on the corner of the AMLI building on Simond. I'll try to get pics of that plus some interior shots of Bribery in full open action later this week.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2016, 10:54 PM

Mueller's Facebook page recently posted a few aerials of the recent construction. By the way, there is a big pile of dirt near Tilley Street that folks have been using for mountain biking, hikes, etc. It has really good 360 views of the development and of downtown.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2016, 5:41 AM
World Traveler

^ It seems so much smaller from that view.

Any word on the potential of adding density to this area?

Old Posted Feb 8, 2016, 6:33 PM

I believe more density could be in the works. Transport connectivity seems to be the main limiting factor, but it may actually push development of a rail spur or more bus service. This was discussed above:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...&postcount=406

Old Posted Feb 8, 2016, 6:36 PM

From Mueller Facebook, here is a link to construction cam views of the "diamond" building and approximate location of Alamo Drafthouse.

https://www.workzonecam.com/projects...nd/workzonecam

Old Posted Feb 11, 2016, 6:40 PM

To me only being in Mueller since August 2015 the level of activity with building homes and commercial has picked up quite a bit. They are really going after completing the road network, adding quite a few homes and now with the start of the retail/commercial areas. I think they are a year behind when they should have started this big build out, they could have gotten so many more of the moves to the area. People buying homes and needing apartments. I think they will still do fine. To bad I'll never get to own there, I make to much for the affordable houses and not enough for all the rest.

The Bribiry Bakery has the weirdest hours. Like Th Fr only until 6pm and Sat Sun until 3pm. So far they have been closed, I think it said they open on the 17th.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2016, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanwolf View Post
To me only being in Mueller since August 2015 the level of activity with building homes and commercial has picked up quite a bit. They are really going after completing the road network, adding quite a few homes and now with the start of the retail/commercial areas. I think they are a year behind when they should have started this big build out, they could have gotten so many more of the moves to the area. People buying homes and needing apartments. I think they will still do fine. To bad I'll never get to own there, I make to much for the affordable houses and not enough for all the rest.

The Bribiry Bakery has the weirdest hours. Like Th Fr only until 6pm and Sat Sun until 3pm. So far they have been closed, I think it said they open on the 17th.
Yeah, they're just doing some test run days (essentially Th-Sun) before they open for real. Not totally surprising while they ramp up. Weekends have been very active there, though, so that's good.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 7:12 AM

Update on the Alamo Drafthouse.

Density is coming along.

Taken a few days ago.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 7:44 AM

Affordable housing development breaks ground

Quote:
By Shonda Novak
March 22. 2016

More affordable housing is underway at the Mueller neighborhood in Northeast Austin, this time on a new apartment building with units for working-class families and other income-qualified tenants, the developer said.

Construction recently started on the complex, a $40 million project called Aldrich 51 that is being developed by Austin-based DMA Development Company.

The four-story building will have 240 apartments and will be on the west side of Aldrich Street between Barbara Jordan Boulevard and 51st Street at Mueller, the city’s former 700-acre airport site that continues its transformation into a large mixed-use development with housing, shopping, dining, entertainment, parks and other uses.
http://www.mystatesman.com/news/busi...ueller-/nqqkN/

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
Affordable housing development breaks ground
Thanks for sharing. I think you're carrying the torch solo now on Mueller. We just bought a house in Crestview Station, so out of Mueller we go.

However, if anyone ever wants to meet up at Black Star.....

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 6:17 PM

I drove through the future Aldrich Street area this morning and you can start to imagine the town center coming together. It's not downtown, but it's the "missing middle" that has barely shown up elsewhere in Austin. The Domain comes to mind, even though it started out more shopping-centric. It's really unfortunate that the main core of central Austin is so entrenched in their stance against developments like this. If the city had a dozen or so clusters like this, it starts to address the "last mile" problem with public transportation. I really think that will be a key with Code Next (and indirectly Imagine Austin).

Old Posted Apr 12, 2016, 1:05 AM
クラブトクヨ

From Mueller facebook: Texas Mutual Insurance Company plans to move its headquarters and 600 employees to Mueller’s Aldrich Street District. Construction is expected to begin in spring 2017, with move-in anticipated for 2018. Welcome to Mueller, Texas Mutual!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin