HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

432 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 27, 2014, 4:12 AM

Wow! Looking good!!! Can't wait to be done soon.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 7:07 AM

Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 3:50 PM
BANNED

432 Park Avenue is a big and slender building...

Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 8:08 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 10:45 PM

As it starts to take it's final form I have decided that I love it. It's a great bridge between the new and the old. It's simplicity makes it hard to determine what style it is. Perhaps modernist with a brutalist influence (although the brutalism will probably fade once all those flush windows are installed.) It's so understated and elegant in this simplicity. You can't help but awe at it, yet it didn't ask you too. It doesn't scream 'HEY LOOK AT ME!'. It's just kind of...there. Stoic and unafraid to be picked at, it has nothing to hide.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2014, 1:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoanofarc View Post

Anyone have an angle from the Apple Store cube? I bet that's a cool view...

Including the cube if photographically possible... (<-- sorry, Jurassic World trailer came out today haha)
Here you go boss. It's a little old but I just so happen to have this in my phone...

Old Posted Nov 30, 2014, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darias060 View Post
Here you go boss. It's a little old but I just so happen to have this in my phone...
Nice, thanks!!

In the render, it looks SUPER tall... But in the picture, it's like average-short. Perspectives are vveird.

Edit: Ohh, guess it's not topped out in that pic. Maybe it looks a lot-ish diff now.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2014, 8:40 PM
Community Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613 View Post
As it starts to take it's final form I have decided that I love it. It's a great bridge between the new and the old. It's simplicity makes it hard to determine what style it is. Perhaps modernist with a brutalist influence (although the brutalism will probably fade once all those flush windows are installed.) It's so understated and elegant in this simplicity. You can't help but awe at it, yet it didn't ask you too. It doesn't scream 'HEY LOOK AT ME!'. It's just kind of...there. Stoic and unafraid to be picked at, it has nothing to hide.
I love square, square is good, but they should have terraced the 4 corners approaching the top and then terraced again just before the top in an interesting way... that said, I know they wanted to preserve as much sellable sqft for penthouse units, but they did so in a selfish way that creates quite a monstrosity if you ask me. Swing and a miss.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Dec 1, 2014, 1:36 AM
don't *meddle*...

http://fortune.com/2014/11/13/park-a...ondo-new-york/

Photo:Courtesy of DBox for CIM Group and Macklowe Properties

Old Posted Dec 1, 2014, 8:27 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2014, 6:07 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/de...s-skyline.html

What is that giant matchstick on Manhattan's skyline?
Quietly and stealthily, 432 Park Avenue has now come to dominate the New York City skyline, towering even higher than the Empire State Building

By Jolyon Attwooll
02 Dec 2014

Quote:
Everyone knows about One World Trade Centre, which dominates the financial district of New York City – and most of Manhattan – a gleaming, magnificent replacement for the fallen Twin Towers.

Standing at 541 meters, with 104 floors, it has been the city’s tallest building since it was finished in 2013.

At that time, it overtook an old favourite, the Empire State Building, which itself was the world’s tallest building for more than four decades from 1931 until the World Trade Centre was finished in 1972. It remains one of the city’s most popular tourist attractions.

But now something has come between these two buildings, and unless you're a New York City regular you will probably never have heard of it.

Tourists are going to have to get used to the sight of the giant 432 Park Avenue development, due to be completed next year. In the past months it has reached its full height, now towering 426 meters above the pavement a few blocks south-east of Central Park.

Some even argue that is actually the city’s tallest building. Without its enormous spire, One World Trade Centre would in fact be almost 10 metres shorter than the newcomer to New York City’s skyline – which officially has the city’s highest rooftop.

Perhaps the lack of fanfare is due to it being a residential property, inevitably among the tallest of its type in the world.

It now dwarfs the Empire State Building. “From the living room of 432 Park’s penthouses, it is possible to look down on the observation deck there, flash bulbs glittering like an oversize chandelier,” went a New York Times report when the tower reached its full height in mid October.

The same report refers to the building’s newfound dominance over the city. The developer behind the building described it as “almost like the Mona Lisa”.

“Except instead of it looking at you, you’re looking at it wherever you are. You can’t escape it.”

.....(For a fuller analysis of New York City's changing skyline, read the Vanity Fair article, Too Rich, Too Thin, Too Tall, which also points out that construction will begin next year on 225 West 57th Street, another luxury tower expected to be even taller than 432 Park when it is finished).

Old Posted Dec 2, 2014, 9:13 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Dec 3, 2014, 1:01 PM

One57 barley makes a dent in the skyline from that angle

Old Posted Dec 3, 2014, 1:15 PM
don't *meddle*...

^ Tells you a lot about NYC when a 1,005 footer (to the roof) is barely visible on the skyline.

Never Forget - The View by Strykapose, on Flickr

Old Posted Dec 3, 2014, 1:23 PM
New Yorker for life

^ Things will get worse for One57 when it's neighbors to either side rise up.

Meanwhile, as more windows fill in, this tower turns into a giant, blue, monolith reflecting the sky...and I'm ready for the mechanical floor reveal.

lizzaart1

Old Posted Dec 4, 2014, 3:51 AM

According to the rendering there should be some kind of lighting treatment to the mechanical floors.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2014, 5:38 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design-mind View Post
According to the rendering there should be some kind of lighting treatment to the mechanical floors.

Looking forward to it.

Something to keep an eye on...

http://therealdeal.com/blog/2014/12/...tracts-olshan/

Luxury contracts break record in November

December 04, 2014
By Rich Bockmann

Quote:
’Tis the season – for $4 million-plus homes. The Manhattan luxury market is heading into the holiday season on the heels of a red hot November that was the best on record. Buyers signed a total of 124 contracts at or above the $4 million mark during the month, according to the latest Olshan report. That’s up 36 percent from November 2013.

...The top deal in November came the week of Nov. 10, when a full-floor penthouse at Chelsea’s Walker Tower asking $47.5 million went into contract. Penthouse 2 in JDS Development Group and Property Markets Group’s condo conversion, being marketed by Douglas Elliman’s Vickey Barron, spans 6,738 square feet with five bedrooms and 5.5 bathrooms.

...It was also a big month in the contemporary art market, which recorded two of the biggest weeks in auction history with more than $2 billion in sales in mid-November.

“Would you rather spend $81.9 million for Andy Warhol’s Triple Elvis, which sold at auction last week at Christie’s, or $47.5 million for a fabulous New York apartment in the sky?” the Olshan report asked.

The luxury market is getting so hot that nearly half of the apartments that went into contract since September were bought sight-unseen, as The Real Deal reported last month.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2014, 4:15 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Dec 5, 2014, 10:21 PM
don't *meddle*...

nyc-014 by Frank_Buttenbender, on Flickr

Old Posted Dec 5, 2014, 10:39 PM
New Yorker for life

I like the clean, flat top a lot more.

Some resized images...

wtcdevelopment

bradleycrump

benlenoble

allstatelimo

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive