HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Four Seasons Private Residences at 706 Mission in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jan 20, 2021, 5:47 AM

01/19/2021 - The Space in Between the decorative part & the building.

706 Mission Street, San Francisco

Old Posted Jan 20, 2021, 8:50 PM

View of the north side from the alley which has some interesting abstract sculptures.
01-19-2021 - 706 Mission Street, San Francisco

Old Posted Jan 20, 2021, 9:23 PM
你的媽媽

Beautiful shot, Jerry! Great angle!

Old Posted Jan 21, 2021, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
View of the north side from the alley which has some interesting abstract sculptures.
In case anyone doesn't know, the hotel across the "alley" which has had so many affiliations and names over the years that I can't keep up (currently Park Central SF??) has recently announced plans to become a Hyatt Regency and committed to an extensive rehab program. I'm not sure what this means for the "alley" but it could become an elegant passage.

Quote:
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Downtown SoMa

Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE:H) announced today that a Hyatt affiliate entered into a franchise agreement with 50 Third Street Owner LP for Park Central San Francisco to join the Hyatt portfolio as an affiliated hotel, effective Friday, December 18, 2020. The hotel is managed by Highgate and expected to rebrand to Hyatt Regency San Francisco Downtown SoMa, following significant renovations. The 681-room Park Central San Francisco, located in the heart of San Francisco's south of market (SoMa) neighborhood, will undergo a multi-million-dollar renovation starting in early 2021, that will include a full redesign of guestrooms, transformation of the meeting and event spaces, ground floor lobby area and food and beverage experience, as well as a relocation and expansion of the fitness center.

Once the hotel joins the Hyatt Regency brand, it will be the third Hyatt Regency property in the San Francisco area, joining Hyatt Regency San Francisco in the financial district steps away from the iconic Embarcadero and Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport. Hyatt Regency San Francisco Downtown SoMa is expected to be the 10th Hyatt hotel in the San Francisco area.
https://www.hospitalitynet.org/annou...town-soma.html

Old Posted Jan 21, 2021, 7:03 AM

Quote:
01/19/2021 - The Space in Between the decorative part & the building.

706 Mission Street, San Francisco
I love this.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2021, 3:59 AM

Pedestrian - I had not heard of the Park Central San Francisco changing hands, again. Many years ago it was a French branded hotel (Le Meridian?). It was painted in two shades of gray for a silly reason (to imitate more than one building or some such nonsense). The alley has gone through a few changes through the years & now has several abstract sculptures. To my eye it is a bleak space, but others may disagree.

Sculpture in the alley next to 706 Mission Street, San Francisco

Old Posted Jan 22, 2021, 4:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
Beautiful shot, Jerry! Great angle!
Thanks homebucket - I had to bend way backwards to get the angle!

Old Posted Jan 22, 2021, 7:54 AM

Quote:
Pedestrian - I had not heard of the Park Central San Francisco changing hands, again.
As I understand it, the hotel is not changing hands but simply being rebranded. This happens a lot. These days the hotel management brands like Hyatt or Sheraton or whatever frequently don't own the properties. They are commonly owned by REITs or some other real estate investment company and managed under contract by the well-known brands. Also, those brands have their standards (room size, in-house facilities, services, furniture and other quality etc) and when a hotel changes brands it often has to undergo a rehab to meet the standards of the new brand. That's what's happening here.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2021, 8:37 AM

Pedestrian - thanks again for the info. Yes, I have heard of this arrangement before. A cardboard façade!

Old Posted Jan 22, 2021, 7:06 PM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
As I understand it, the hotel is not changing hands but simply being rebranded. This happens a lot. These days the hotel management brands like Hyatt or Sheraton or whatever frequently don't own the properties. They are commonly owned by REITs or some other real estate investment company and managed under contract by the well-known brands. Also, those brands have their standards (room size, in-house facilities, services, furniture and other quality etc) and when a hotel changes brands it often has to undergo a rehab to meet the standards of the new brand. That's what's happening here.
It seems that the hotel will be following a third way, as a Hyatt franchise, not managed by Hyatt. I saw no indication that the current management would change.

Hyatt Hotels came late to franchising (unlike Hilton and many others), preferring to actively manage any hotel with the Hyatt name, either owned or under management contract. I was sorry to see that change, but money talks (just like it did with Westin).

Old Posted Mar 23, 2021, 6:37 AM

From earlier today 3/22/2021:

Old Posted Apr 13, 2021, 8:23 PM
heavy user of walkability

fencing is pretty much down all around

another look at the sidewalk around the Aronson. even inactive, gives off a swanky air

Third St:

Mission St:

Old Posted May 10, 2021, 8:39 PM
heavy user of walkability

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive