HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Two World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted May 30, 2007, 5:33 AM

Sounds good to me....most of the renderings should be at gkapc.com since Gene Kaufman designs most of them.

I know what a pain it is to upload photos onto forums so again, we all appreciate the work

Old Posted May 30, 2007, 3:28 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by aluminum View Post
Dwarfs ! DWARFS !!!! hey listen 1339' may sound good in New York but as compared to other buildings in the world going up right now, its nothing, NOTHING AT ALL!!!!!!!! EVEN THE SOUTH TOWER BUILT DECADES AGO WAS WAY BIGGER, TALLER AND WIDER THAN THIS BUILDING. The south tower didn't a design, but it broke 400m mark without a setback. The Aon in Chicago is the only such compact monster left. A glamorous 50 floor building called absolute world or something with awesome shape and design is going up in my city, but nobody seems to care about it because DESIGN IS NOTHING WITHOUT HEIGHT BUT the opposite is not true.
This post is so idiotic, it's too bad I have to use some of my limited time here to respond. But first of all, no one gives a rats a$$ what's being built in the rest of the world. This tower alone will be among the tallest in the country, with neighbors just as tall. But it's not just tall, its also massive, the WTC towers will be even more massive than the BofA tower currently rising in Midtown. As far as no one caring about what's built in your town, well, it's not just lack of height no one cares about there.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 30, 2007, 3:56 PM

Yea what the hell kind of a post is that...

Old Posted May 30, 2007, 5:30 PM
I love boxes.

This tower is freakin' 276 feet taller than 'Eiffel Tower' and has roof more than 121 centimetres higher than that of the legend Empire State Building....
Now thats tall..
Ain't this just great....

Old Posted May 30, 2007, 5:34 PM
low-riding

where is this tower? show us a pic or tell us the city and name. If its a great as you say, then i would love to fall in love with it too

Old Posted May 30, 2007, 5:46 PM
I love boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
where is this tower? show us a pic or tell us the city and name. If its a great as you say, then i would love to fall in love with it too
I am talking about the tower which I am supposed to talk about...
WTC 2

Old Posted May 30, 2007, 10:57 PM

I don't get it weren't you just calling wtc 2 out on not being tall enough? And that it's design was crap because it wasn't tall enough? Where are you from again?

Old Posted May 30, 2007, 11:13 PM
Frigidus Maximus

Quote:

Originally Posted by aluminum

Dwarfs ! DWARFS !!!! hey listen 1339' may sound good in New York but as compared to other buildings in the world going up right now, its nothing, NOTHING AT ALL!!!!!!!! EVEN THE SOUTH TOWER BUILT DECADES AGO WAS WAY BIGGER, TALLER AND WIDER THAN THIS BUILDING. The south tower didn't a design, but it broke 400m mark without a setback. The Aon in Chicago is the only such compact monster left. A glamorous 50 floor building called absolute world or something with awesome shape and design is going up in my city, but nobody seems to care about it because DESIGN IS NOTHING WITHOUT HEIGHT BUT the opposite is not true.
Quote:
This tower is freakin' 276 feet taller than 'Eiffel Tower' and has roof more than 121 centimetres higher than that of the legend Empire State Building....
Now thats tall..
Ain't this just great....

Quote:
I am talking about the tower which I am supposed to talk about...
WTC 2

You're scaring me, aluminum. Are you sure you're reading your own posts? Maybe aluminum could use a bit of lithium?

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted May 31, 2007, 12:13 AM
I love boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCzech View Post
You're scaring me, aluminum. Are you sure you're reading your own posts? Maybe aluminum could use a bit of lithium?
You people didn't get it .....
and 121 cm taller than ESB ...........centimeters taller than a thing built almost 80 years ago.................
And aluminum doesn't react with Lithium in any condition,"science freaks"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl1 View Post
I don't get it weren't you just calling wtc 2 out on not being tall enough? And that it's design was crap because it wasn't tall enough? Where are you from again?
I NEVER said 'design was crap'. Design is, believe me, just awesome and I love shape formed by four parallel non skewed 'paralellopipeds' ......

I just said they could've made this taller by not building wtc 4

Last edited by Swede; Jun 6, 2007 at 7:51 AM.

Old Posted May 31, 2007, 12:30 AM
low-riding

alright we all know where we all stand. can we end it at that?

So whats been interesting me the most lately is the gradual change in color from black at the bottom to dark blue at the top. This runs the risk of looking ultra cheesy to fning good. all in the execution. But it isn't the first time this has been tried around here. To a lesser attempt it was tried on the top third of the Goldman Sachs tower in Jersey City. Do you guys feel that was a successful attempt. Would that work if instead of being spread over 250ft, it was spread over 1000 feet?

Old Posted Jun 2, 2007, 6:26 PM
BANNED

^^^ Are you sure that it is actually going to fade? I don't remember reading that anywhere? I think that it may just be shadows in some of the renderings, or am I wrong?

Old Posted Jun 2, 2007, 10:27 PM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kngkyle2 View Post
The best of the new WTC towers in my opinion.
I agree, especially since I find the main tower fortress like, misproportioned and unattractive. NYC could and should do much better than the current version of WTC 1.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2007, 5:38 AM
Lost and Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Beautiful, sleek, and modern. And as Kngkyle2 and viewguysf stated above, much more appealing than Freedom Tower.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2007, 8:29 PM
I love boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol_Invictus View Post
Beautiful, sleek, and modern. And as Kngkyle2 and viewguysf stated above, much more appealing than Freedom Tower.
got that right............

Old Posted Jun 4, 2007, 8:32 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
You people didn't get it .....
and 121 cm taller than ESB ...........centimeters taller than a thing built almost 80 years ago.................
And aluminum doesn't react with Lithium in any condition,"science freaks"

It has to be said - you're a moron....

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2007, 8:35 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
I just said they could've made this taller by not building wtc 4
A lot of things could have been done. Why not just build one 10msf tower? There's a little thing called a "site plan" that dictated where these towers would go, and how much space they would contain. Also, there was a little matter of getting these towers built and leased. These are office towers, not residential.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2007, 10:29 PM
BANNED

Nyguy, you know what you are talking about, have you ever actually heard anything about this having glass that fades from dark to light from the bottom up? In every render it appears to be shadows to me. Is this just a rumor or are they actually going to try it?

Old Posted Jun 5, 2007, 2:29 AM
I love boxes.

Quote:
It has to be said - you're a moron....

Old Posted Jun 5, 2007, 2:43 AM
I love boxes.

Quote:
A lot of things could have been done. Why not just build one 10msf tower? There's a little thing called a "site plan" that dictated where these towers would go, and how much space they would contain. Also, there was a little matter of getting these towers built and leased. These are office towers, not residential.
No, two skyscrapers can be combined to form a bigger one like in the Case of Big John in Chicago. As the height goes on increasing above certain value like 2500 feet the cost of construction starts accelerating up and up, the height increases a little bit but the cost doubles and triples. It is ridiculous of you to think of 10msf towers. If thats the case whole cities could've been combined to singe skyscrapers...

Last edited by aluminum; Jun 6, 2007 at 3:20 AM.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2007, 3:35 AM
I love boxes.

Looks like they can attach solar panels on roof tops if they want ....

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction