HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 3, 2011, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantw View Post
Can't the mods ban these guys? I'm really starting to think they're the same person with different accounts.
i think i hear an echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
The Twins aren't coming back. Deal with it. This is getting so old.

injcsince81

©tectonic
yankeefan, that is a killer shot of the Br Br, Gehry, Woolworth and 1WTC together. imagine that picture from the same spot when the project is completed? heck, even just when 1WTC and 4WTC are done it will be amazing

Old Posted Jun 3, 2011, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlippo1 View Post
i think i hear an echo

yankeefan, that is a killer shot of the Br Br, Gehry, Woolworth and 1WTC together. imagine that picture from the same spot when the project is completed? heck, even just when 1WTC and 4WTC are done it will be amazing
that would be sweet. I keep thinking of what it would look like when 1WTC & 4WTC will look like two years from now being complete.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2011, 9:33 PM

Profiles and Cross Section

I've been reading this post for awhile now and figured I'd contribute.

I was bored messing around in AutoCAD Revit in class and decided to make a pretty-close-to-scale model of 1 WTC.
Here is the current cross section, (assuming a height of 830 feet, which might be a little high)

From this geometry, I estimated the main tower section is at about 52%.

I love the profile and the look from straight on one of the sides of the base square:

However, at a 45 degree angle, the building has a pretty ugly profile. It's kind of squat looking. There's not many images of the profile at this angle, so I figured I'd put it on.

As I said, this model is pretty close to scale but not accurate. It's just made from dimensions that I've commonly seen.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2011, 9:51 PM

Yeah, they're some great shots. It's finally starting to loom over it's neighbors.

GPhace

Old Posted Jun 3, 2011, 9:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorblindgreg View Post
I've been reading this post for awhile now and figured I'd contribute.

I was bored messing around in AutoCAD Revit in class and decided to make a pretty-close-to-scale model of 1 WTC.
Here is the current cross section, (assuming a height of 830 feet, which might be a little high)

From this geometry, I estimated the main tower section is at about 52%.

I love the profile and the look from straight on one of the sides of the base square:

However, at a 45 degree angle, the building has a pretty ugly profile. It's kind of squat looking. There's not many images of the profile at this angle, so I figured I'd put it on.

As I said, this model is pretty close to scale but not accurate. It's just made from dimensions that I've commonly seen.
Nice, my contibuting peacekepping post died.

Nice model, man! I did a bit of working out on this one, for the dimensions. The base comes out 56 m approx high, and the rest of the tower to the roof 352 (That's the antiprism). that equals 418, which, to make the full 541 meter height, the antenna must be 123 meters high. Cool beans!

EDIT:
Above this post, Amazing photo. Thumbs up to you!

Old Posted Jun 3, 2011, 9:57 PM
Meh

Read me

Stop trolling each other and stick to the topic. This goes for everyone.

If you want to discuss another building, that's fine, but do so in the thread dedicated for that building.

Do not bring up the twins debate. That's not what this thread is for.

This thread is only for construction updates on this building and the discussion that goes with it.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2011, 10:03 PM

The base is 187' tall. As for the office floors there have now been 24 jumps of 26'8" or 643'2" The total should be 830'2"

Old Posted Jun 3, 2011, 10:06 PM

830 Feet! Woah I didn't pay any attention to the One WTC's height for several months, and it jumps that far ahead. I think I am going to faint now.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2011, 10:13 PM

Only 946' till 1776'

Old Posted Jun 3, 2011, 10:55 PM

So we're ≈130' past mid-height to rooftop. IIRC, I calculated said midpoint at 686' 6''.
Midpoint for the structure to spire top is exactly 888'.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw5710 View Post
Only 946' till 1776'
more importantly(or not), only 543' to 1373' i love this thing and have loved watching history being made. Onward and upward for 1WTC

Old Posted Jun 4, 2011, 6:20 AM

1368'# is to the top of the parapet. Where is the 1373'# being measured from? It's not any roof.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2011, 6:34 AM
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw5710 View Post
1368'# is to the top of the parapet. Where is the 1373'# being measured from? It's not any roof.
There's another entrance besides the main one that's 5 feet lower, so "they" decided to use that as the base of measurement.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2011, 9:48 AM
Because I'm Clever!

Well, according to CTBUH guidelines, the lowest open-air entrance is the starting point for measurement. It's why the Khalifa Tower is 2,683 feet tall instead of the design height of 2650 feet (a nice round number) that you get when measuring from the main entrance. In terms of this building, the main lobby level, which is the same as 3 of the 4 entrances, is elevation 312 (312' above the PANY datum. The datum is 300 feet below low tide at Battery Park, which was chosen so the PA would never have to deal with negative numbers while doing underground projects) while the north entrance is at elevation 307, and the parapet is at elevation 1679.

I never saw a clear print of the very top, so the building might end up being deemed 1,781 feet tall, but Zen was insistent that wasn't the case so I assume the pinnacle is at Elv. 2083. For comparison, the original buildings started at Elv. 310 (the main concourse level) and the roof's were at Elv. 1678/1672.

Last edited by STR; Jun 4, 2011 at 10:01 AM.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2011, 2:01 PM
Grand is Golden!

Here's my rendering of the communications ring of the 1WTC. I used a different rendering program this time by exporting my SketchUp model to Kerkythea. Note that I still have some work to do on the upper facade, but for the most part, the spire and communications ring are pretty much done.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2011, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
Yeah, they're some great shots. It's finally starting to loom over it's neighbors.

GPhace
this is the money shot, 1WTC, filling in a gap already and on its way skywards. this will be the most unobstructed view of the tower. and is it me? or is this tower going to look a wee bit fatter than most of the renders?

and yeah, i'm not the hugest fan on how this tower looks at its corner (where the tower looks like it tappers down like a pyramid), the best view is from straight on.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2011, 2:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveve View Post
this is the money shot, 1WTC, filling in a gap already and on its way skywards. this will be the most unobstructed view of the tower. and is it me? or is this tower going to look a wee bit fatter than most of the renders?

and yeah, i'm not the hugest fan on how this tower looks at its corner (where the tower looks like it tappers down like a pyramid), the best view is from straight on.
Nah, I prefer looking at a corner so it looks rectangular... but hey, that's just my O.
And I agree, the renders make it look slim- but it's huge! Probably cause the height balances it out a lot, but at this stage it looks monstrous already.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2011, 4:58 PM

Is this out of scale?

I hope it really has that presence!!

Old Posted Jun 4, 2011, 5:06 PM

Looks about right to me.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2011, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaarkson View Post
Looks about right to me.
a tad too tall to the roof,IMO

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive