HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
Yes.

It happens in a long enough session. Spend an afternoon or a night drinking and you will end up drunk.

I suppose it depends what you mean by drunk, however. There’s a big difference between blacking out and not being able to drive.
Maybe we're talking past each other. I did say I like to drink to be buzzed/mildly drunk (though I don't do it much any more). For me that was about four drinks or so. More than can be fun, but I begin running the risk of headaches the next morning (though not full on hangovers).

But getting really shithammered - puking, blacking out, seeing double, not being able to stand (last never happened to me) that's just not fun. That's what really drunk is.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 6:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post

But getting really shithammered - puking, blacking out, seeing double, not being able to stand (last never happened to me) that's just not fun. That's what really drunk is.
That tends to be more of a student thing that most people grow out of after undergrad. It can happen by accident, and I find girls have it worse off. If you're an average sized or slightly bigger guy you can have a wider buffer zone before you get to that point. Like I can realize I'm more drunk than I anticipated, and still have 4 more drinks before I would be getting to the point you describe. For a couple girls I dated, the difference between "I might have had too much to drink" and "I'm puking in the bar's bathroom" can be one double vodka cran.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 6:56 PM

I’ve found that I only really get drunk if I’m bored with my company, and therefore keep reaching for my drink or visiting the bar. I would imagine the same is true of many over-30s.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanite View Post
That tends to be more of a student thing that most people grow out of after undergrad. It can happen by accident, and I find girls have it worse off. If you're an average sized or slightly bigger guy you can have a wider buffer zone before you get to that point. Like I can realize I'm more drunk than I anticipated, and still have 4 more drinks before I would be getting to the point you describe. For a couple girls I dated, the difference between "I might have had too much to drink" and "I'm puking in the bar's bathroom" can be one double vodka cran.
I mean, I've only gotten so drunk I blacked out/threw up once (I remember trying to mix myself a drink at the bar, which is where I fucked up - probably put like six shots worth of something in). And only drank till I couldn't see straight once (in NYC, I was used to Mass bars which close early, and my friend told me that the bars there were open till 4, so I really drank more than I expected).

There were definitely some other times I was pretty hung over in the morning though, including vomiting the morning after. I don't like even having a slight headache in the morning, so if I'm drinking to get buzzed I like to stay at the "moderately drunk" level.

Last edited by eschaton; Sep 28, 2018 at 12:22 PM.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 8:18 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
I’ve found that I only really get drunk if I’m bored with my company, and therefore keep reaching for my drink or visiting the bar. I would imagine the same is true of many over-30s.
not incorporating food with drink is a big one.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions