HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 30, 2008, 4:06 AM
Bring out the cranes...

Behind Runner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhitektor View Post
Good Luck.............

I just got home from a commute from hell on FrontRunner.
The train was supposed to leave SL Central at 5:25 and arrive in Clearfield at
6:07.
Instead, we left at 5:30 and arrived in Clearfeild at 6:30, over twenty minutes late.
How does a train on a dedicated track end up 23 minutes off schedule????

They have got a lot of bugs to work out of the system before it will be worth riding again. I'm hopeful that once the free period is over there won't be hundreds of families and screaming kids running all over the place. The train was late leaving and since there is only one track, if a train gets off schedule it really screws everything up because it messes up the usual pattern of trains passing each other at stations. The train stopped at least 5 times in addition to all the stops for passing or other unknown reasons.

Seriously, we would just randomly stop in the middle of the tracks for several
minutes even though we were miles from any station and no other trains were passing us.

The icing on the cake was when the train stopped for 5 minutes just 500 feet short of the station. I was tempted to pull the emergency door open switch and just walk to my car from there.

That, combined with the hundreds of rowdy children crawling all over the place made it one of the worst commutes I can remember. I could have gotten home four times as quickly by car or twice as fast on a bus.

Tell me about it. That would have to be one of my worst commutes as well. My wife and I got on the frontrunner at about 6:30 in Salt Lake head up to Ogdan and then came back. But it took us about three hours just to make that full trip from there and back. And yes the train kept stopping for no reason. The part I love the most was when the cars on the I-15 were zooming pass us even when those cars were driving in a construction zone. I have a video of it I will have to show you guys once I put it all together.
Most of the people my wife and I were talking to told us that this would be their first and last time they would ever ride frontrunner. Most people felt that it's better to save time driving their cars, then to save money on gas. Those people do have a point. If this is how frontrunner is going to run then who the hell will want to ride it? I hope UTA can get these bugs worked out. I was talking to a lady and we were calling the "Frontrunner" the "Behindrunner" since it was going soooooooooooooo slow.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West