HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Old Posted May 2, 2016, 6:43 PM

^ Thanks Wong, I bet in time TSA will also have a presence at Union Station-it still surprises me why they don't screen Amtrak more.

Thank also for the info on the Gold Line..

Old Posted May 2, 2016, 11:22 PM
Vires acquirit eundo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
SEPTA's version does not have Bells...neither do most EMUs... The Horn rule in my opinion is outdated , where the only developed country that requires horns to be blown for every crossing... Most Countries its only needed for Pedestrian crossings and certain gate less crossings... Most Railroad Employees Ive spoken with do not enjoy blowing the horn...its just added noise pollution in their opinion.
The bells coming into the stations are weird - I had no idea it was a "thing" over there in the US.

For reference in Melbourne, trains sound their horns to: signify forward movement (it'll be blown when a train is stationary, at a station, then it'll start moving forward) and before approaching level crossings.

It looks like Denver's built some purla (great) rail infrastructure - there's no sound but this is a great driver's eye view / cab ride of the new line (it jumps right to the airport toward the end of the video).

Video Link

I'm not familiar with US line-side equipment (I couldn't make out mile posts, therefore couldn't make an accurate speed prediction) but it looks like that the trains are getting up in the 120kph/130kph (75mph/80mph) range in between a few of the stations: very quick!

I just wish this was open in 2010 when I was in Denver!!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation