HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 4:03 PM
你的媽媽

SAN FRANCISCO | 545 Sansome Street (3 Transamerica) | 220 FT | 16 FLOORS

Didn't see an individual thread created for this one. Since it's been approved, I guess I'll go ahead and post it up now.

The specs for 545 Sansome St:
- 16 floors, 220 ft
- 105,200 sq ft of office space
- 6,410 sq ft for retail
- Parking for 22 bicycles

The site:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/yLbs3vDW7BdSx8cL8

Quote:
Unanimous Approval For Three Transamerica Redevelopment

BY: ANDREW NELSON 5:00 AM ON DECEMBER 20, 2023

The San Francisco Parks Department and Planning Commission have unanimously approved the Three Transamerica redevelopment in San Francisco’s Financial District. Three Transamerica, or 545 Sansome Street, is the second phase of SHVO’s billion-dollar investment in the historic office complex with design by Foster + Partners. Its adaptive reuse will create a new gateway for the city’s most iconic skyscraper.

The approval is an important step for SHVO’s $1.05 billion investment into the Transamerica Pyramid complex. The New York-based developer purchased the site in 2020 for $650 million and has committed to invest another $400 million into the redevelopment. This makes it the biggest investment in San Francisco since the start of the pandemic.

Three Transamerica is a nine-story office tower designed by Willis Polk & Company in 1930. The new design by Foster + Partners will retain the existing primary facades along Sansome Street and Mark Twain Street. The less-decorative north and east exterior walls will be demolished and replaced by a curtain wall and pre-cast concrete skin, and the interiors will be modernized. The addition will expand the existing floor plates and add six new full floors with generous ceiling heights and a rooftop terrace. Once complete, 545 Sansome Street will increase height from 107 to 220 feet across 16 floors, adding new retail and increasing offices by around 50,000 square feet.
https://sfyimby.com/2023/12/unanimou...velopment.html

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 4:07 PM
你的媽媽

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 4:11 PM
你的媽媽

And just for some additional context, here are some of the previous renderings. The most recent previous design by Gensler is pretty meh, but the 2002 one by Heller Manus coming in at 38 floors and 390 ft as a residential tower would've been pretty sweet I think.

https://sfyimby.com/2022/02/tense-de...francisco.html

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 8:56 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

If I recall, the 38-story Heller-Manus design was defeated due to concerns over shadows. But it was a nice design. I really like the currrent design, which is by Foster + Partners, not Gensler. Foster + Partners routinely turn out excellent end product.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 9:19 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
If I recall, the 38-story Heller-Manus design was defeated due to concerns over shadows. But it was a nice design. I really like the currrent design, which is by Foster + Partners, not Gensler. Foster + Partners routinely turn out excellent end product.
Agreed. This new Foster + Partners design looks quite nice with high quality materials.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 9:38 PM
Plenary pleasures.

Sorry, I may have missed something, but are those...redwoods??

Old Posted Dec 20, 2023, 9:43 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
Sorry, I may have missed something, but are those...redwoods??
Yessir! That's part of the existing Redwood Park at the base of the Transamerica Pyramid.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2023, 5:23 PM

wow.. it looks beautiful!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals