HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Dec 30, 2016, 6:50 PM
cities|transit|croissants

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportvids View Post
Pure dumb luck. And Colorado's last two ass whopping games showed that their luck finally ran out. Yes, you guys won the pac south, by luck, yet, you still didnt get a Rose bowl invite. LOL. You guys were undeserving of the pac12 south title. The Utes overall have won more games and have done much better in the pac12 than you guys. Utes are more deserving and we would had put up a hell of a better fight VS Washington. You guys will be back in the Pac12 basement and a joke come next year while we will continue to be one of the top pac12 south teams, reaching bowl games and winning them. Like I said, anybody can have one lucky season.
lolrant. Struck a nerve!

There there. Don't be sad, little Ute.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2016, 10:10 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
lolrant. Struck a nerve!

There there. Don't be sad, little Ute.

LOL, that's the best you can come up with? Guess so when your team sucks and you have nothing to back them up other than a fluke 2016 regular season.
Utes meanwhile have won 10 out of 11 bowl games since 2004 while you guys haven't won one since.....wait for it.......2004.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2016, 10:41 PM

The Colorado, Washington State bowls prove my point. Colorado, WA, WA St weren't necessarily any good this year, the rest of the PAC-12 was just bad this year. That and the fact that the PAC couldn't even fill all of its bowl slots. I expect WA and USC to perform badly in their bowls.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2016, 2:06 AM

Oh, dude, you can claim one or two wins were flukes, and you can claim seasons from the distant past don't matter, but saying "your massive success throughout this entire current season in which you literally won a championship and literally beat us must have been a fluke" is possibly the worst trash talk I've ever heard.

Maybe you guys are right. This rivalry might not stick. Hey, maybe we could play BYU every few years and see if they're better at this.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2016, 6:19 AM

RIP Lavell. You were a legend.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2016, 6:40 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrendog View Post
RIP Lavell. You were a legend.
Agreed. He was an legend. Both sides can agree on that.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Oh, dude, you can claim one or two wins were flukes, and you can claim seasons from the distant past don't matter, but saying "your massive success throughout this entire current season in which you literally won a championship and literally beat us must have been a fluke" is possibly the worst trash talk I've ever heard.

Maybe you guys are right. This rivalry might not stick. Hey, maybe we could play BYU every few years and see if they're better at this.
Almost the entire PAC-12 had a down year, dude. It's obvious. Colorado was playing as well as they ever had, but most of the PAC was in a slump.

If Colorado was playing especially well, as opposed to playing okay against a PAC in a slump year, Colorado would've performed better against OK St, ranked lower than them.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2016, 7:00 PM

Your argument literally depends on me admitting that Utah sucked this year. I am willing to admit that. Utah sucks. You got me.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2016, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Your argument literally depends on me admitting that Utah sucked this year. I am willing to admit that. Utah sucks. You got me.
Yes, even at 9-4, Utah was in a slump this year. In previous years, there's zero chance we would have lost that Cal game, for example. We had major difficulties scoring in the red zone this year.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2016, 10:08 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays View Post
I have a feeling they'll be decent next year despite a lot of graduations. As for this year, I thought they were overrated late in the year, but better than they looked in the last two. Montez was better earlier in the year than against OSU.
Montez looked good in his half against Washington, and that 3rd and a mile play was sweet against OSU. Only real bright spot in that exhibition game.

"Of course you're right." Cirrus

Old Posted Jan 2, 2017, 6:40 AM
Denver

LOL

Would anyone seriously prefer going to school in SLC vs Boulder?

Boulder is so much better in so many ways I do not even know where to begin.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2017, 8:33 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottk View Post
LOL

Yet, Colorado is dead last in the Pac12 in 12th place and 64 over all in recruiting while Utah is 7th in the Pac12 and 36 over all.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2017, 3:27 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Yet, Colorado is dead last in the Pac12 in 12th place and 64 over all in recruiting while Utah is 7th in the Pac12 and 36 over all.
Source?

Old Posted Jan 2, 2017, 6:04 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottk View Post
LOL

Asides from the football team. Which, if you can't argue otherwise, means you've already lost the debate.

Though neither CU of Utah has any kind of meaningful victories where it really counts since joining the PAC12: conference championships and playoff appearances.

Both teams are bottom rung in that regard.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Jan 2, 2017, 7:52 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Old Posted Jan 2, 2017, 8:03 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Hey, he keeps talking about meaningless bowls from back in the day. No one gives a damn if some team won then 2005 Blockbuster Bowl or whatever other meaningless drivel.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Jan 3, 2017, 7:21 AM
Denver

Quote:
Yeah I was talking about overall quality of life and campus quality / beauty at CU Boulder vs Utah.

Not even in the same ballpark

Old Posted Jan 3, 2017, 6:23 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Hey, he keeps talking about meaningless bowls from back in the day. No one gives a damn if some team won then 2005 Blockbuster Bowl or whatever other meaningless drivel.
In 2005 we were playing in the fiesta bowl and won. Kind of a big deal. Think you had enough weed for one day.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2017, 7:21 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Quote:
In 2005 we were playing in the fiesta bowl and won. Kind of a big deal. Think you had enough weed for one day.
So I call you out on your stats and you retreat to the past.

HEY GUYS.... Utah is better now because TWELVE YEARS AGO we did something with Urban Meyer! ...before he left for Flordia

Old Posted Jan 3, 2017, 9:24 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventwenty View Post
So I call you out on your stats and you retreat to the past.

HEY GUYS.... Utah is better now because TWELVE YEARS AGO we did something with Urban Meyer! ...before he left for Flordia
I don't have to go back to twelve years ago or even one year ago for that matter. You want to talk about now?...fine. How did the pac12 championship game AND the "Remember" the Alamo Bowl go for you guys?.....oh yea.
Meanwhile we won yet another bowl game.
I rather win smaller bowl games ( besides the Fiesta Bowl AND Sugar Bowl- that we also won) than to get no bowl invite since 2007 and to not win one since 2004 in the Houston Bowl? WTF is the Houston Bowl? A Bowl that's been around for only 6 years? And your giving us shit about playing in bowl games nobody gives a damn about. Go home, you're high.

Buffs Bowl record Won 12, Lost 16
Utes Bowl record Won 16, Lost 4

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West