HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 30, 2020, 4:20 PM
Back from the dead

I completely don't understand the logic with this freeway. Putting aside whether or not somebody thinks it's a waste of money, is unnecessary or whatever, why doesn't it directly connect highways 11 and 16? The entire southwest section of the freeway doesn't seem to be in the plans but wouldn't that be just about the busiest section? Am I wrong about that?

Given that I'm not a Saskatoon native and haven't been there in decades, I'm completely out of touch with the rationale here but that just seems so counterintuitive. I would have thought the busiest highways would have been 11 and 16. Is that not the case? I mean, outside of the Saskatoon metro region of course. Considering that the idea is that ring roads are supposed to funnel traffic around a city rather than through it, wouldn't it be the most logical route from 11 northwest to 16 as the shortest route? I know the land through this area isn't good for residential construction and was pegged for industrial but that can't be the main reason this section isn't being considered...or is it?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan