HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Oct 24, 2016, 3:59 PM

Long story short - my 'bored' plans for Lagoon were sent to Lagoon leadership, and they responded back.

Long story Long - I have a buddy with whom I discussed my ideas, who decided he would send them in for me. He composed his email as if it were in behalf of a large group of fans (and cited this site) which seemed like a good idea, but then sent it through the regular Lagoon public email address (info@lagoonpark.com) which made me doubt anything would become of it.
But yesterday I bumped into him again and, to my surprise, Lagoon had responded and he hadn't even forwarded the response to me! Now I have it, and I thought I would share it, as I don't think anything about it is forbidden public knowledge:

Quote:
Dear Mr. [removed]:

Thank you for your kind regard for Lagoon and suggestions to improve the Park. It is interesting to me that a good part of your proposal, including the boardwalk adjacent to the lake, mine train coaster, and different route for the train, was actually part of a master plan that we developed with Mike Jenkins of Leisure and Recreation Concepts, Inc. (LARC) 15 or 20 years ago.

We agree that for the future, the lake is a resource offering great potential that could be better developed with nice amenities such as eating areas, rides, etc. For the present time, we will have to content ourselves with repaying the Bank for all of the money that we spent on the new Cannibal roller coaster. The total price tag for Cannibal is approaching $40 million, so it will be a number of years before we can consider a redevelopment of the lake area. In the meantime, we are actually in the process of designing another spectacular new ride which you will probably see at the Park within the next five years.

Mr. [removed], your e-mail has been shared with Lagoon’s senior management. Thank you again for your suggestions. You may be sure that redeveloping the lake is on our radar.

Sincerely,

David W. Freed, President
Lagoon Corporation
David W. Freed, the president of Lagoon Corporation, responded! And then shared the plans with the 'senior management!'

If only I had worked to make better-looking maps...

All I can say is, I feel totally validated. Thanks Lagoon, you guys are awesome!
The moral of the story - for me at least - is to not be afraid to make your voice be heard. Even if these are large corporations we're talking about, they are still run by people, and in the case of Lagoon at least, the people are accessible, respectful, and willing to respond.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West