HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia

Old Posted Aug 29, 2016, 4:39 PM
HVAC guru

My sister was up in Edmonton last weekend to buy a car, we test drove a few small SUV's then hit the White Spot on the south end of town, and I have to say I was really disappointed. Not nearly as good as the ones in BC.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2016, 1:21 AM
be nice to the crackheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman23 View Post
A bit of a bump. Just tried White Spot for the first time since moving to Vancouver. Was a bit surprised - I think a poster on SSP (?bcaseylion) compared it to Harveys, but its really nothing like it at all. More of a sit down restaurant, with pricier options but more premium burgers. The burger was surprisingly good - I got the Monty Mushroom Burger with sauteed onions. Really nice juicy patty and the toppings were quite flavourful. Wasn't as big a fan of the sauce - they kind of went overboard with it. Will probably hold it next time, or ask them to go light on it.

Good first impression overall.
Good to hear.

White Spot's burgers are known for being pretty damn saucy, but I'm sure they'll lay off on the triple o sauce if you ask them.

Bcasey was probably comparing Harvey's to White Spot's fast food outlet; Triple Os. It's a scaled back fast food chain that just focuses on burgers, fries and shakes. You can find them all over the Vancouver metro.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2016, 5:38 PM

Ya there's a pretty big difference between White Spot and Triple-Os now.

Wasn't always that way, White Spot used to be much more of a diner, but they tried to go a little more upscale about a decade ago.

Triple Os is more of a burger chain like Harvey's (although their burgers are nothing alike).

Old Posted Dec 23, 2016, 3:58 PM

after using the ferry so much the past few months i got really tired of their burgers. But i did have a triple os on tuesday as it was the only one with a drive thru on my route home, it was really good, my love was restored lol.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2016, 4:03 PM

White Spot is a go-to place when I'm in BC with my family. Tasty burgers and kid-friendly with the little boat of food... oh yeah.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2016, 5:18 PM
HVAC guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
after using the ferry so much the past few months i got really tired of their burgers. But i did have a triple os on tuesday as it was the only one with a drive thru on my route home, it was really good, my love was restored lol.
I always found the White Spots on the ferries were somehow "different" than the regular restaurants

Old Posted Dec 24, 2016, 2:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240glt View Post
I always found the White Spots on the ferries were somehow "different" than the regular restaurants
Agreed. More akin to a "White Spot" express with limited menu items as well. To wit, Chevron gas stations partnered up with White Spot in Metro Vancouver (and possibly other places) with their own "White Spot Express (sit-in/drive-thru) with limited menu options.

Typically, I receive a cold bun, etc. when I order a burger thereto. Went through one Chevron/White Spot drive-thru today though and, to my surprise, the burger bun was warm and toasted.

PS. Just noticed up thread that these outlets are referred to as "Triple Os" albeit I have always viewed same simply as "White Spot express".

Old Posted Jan 19, 2017, 10:21 PM
Dahvie Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
White Spot is a go-to place when I'm in BC with my family. Tasty burgers and kid-friendly with the little boat of food... oh yeah.
Boat of food lol

It's a pirate pack

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia