HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

432 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 20, 2013, 4:06 PM

They also show the views in 360º at different heigths (1271, 1162, 1007 and 667 feet)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The views from 1271 feet (still more than 100 feet to go to the top, I guess the Pent House must be at about 1350 feet)

1271 ft looking north

1271 ft looking east

1271 ft looking south

From 667 ft. This view is kind of cool also, since you can see at about the roof height the buildings of midtown.

667 ft looking north

667 ft looking south

Old Posted Mar 20, 2013, 4:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandelay View Post
I guess that dashes all hope for any sort of flourish or crown at the top.

I was hoping for even just a 25-50 ft circular lighted tiara like 311 South Wacker.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2013, 4:12 PM

By the way, you can see that they are no longer using the concrete pumping truck. They are already usibg the concrete pump at the base of the building, with the concrete trucks delivering directly into it, then pumped to the arm at the top of the building to do the pours, as you can see in the capture from the Park Ave. camera.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2013, 5:54 PM

The building is getting too high...

Old Posted Mar 20, 2013, 6:03 PM

All the new renderings are just stunning! The tower looks massive, huge! This is the kind of residential mega-project that almost never gets built!

Old Posted Mar 20, 2013, 7:35 PM
illwaukee/crooklyn

x100

Old Posted Mar 20, 2013, 7:48 PM

Great comparison. I hesitate to make any more comparisons between the age of the EUR and our current age of bailouts and austerity.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2013, 9:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599GTO View Post
Need to change the "Proposed" to "Under Construction"

Old Posted Mar 20, 2013, 11:53 PM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Finally, a look at 432 Park with the entire skyline. A lot missing, but there's the WTC and One57. Very nice.

A little more from the presentation...
http://www.432parkavenue.com/

A new icon??? Piss off... More like a new tall and thin, square slab of unimaginative concrete. Shame really.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotizzy View Post
A new icon??? Piss off... More like a new tall and thin, square slab of unimaginative concrete. Shame really.
Again there is nothing wrong with the design. The Twin Towers were boxes as well, and you don't see people cussing them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Hello all. First time poster here.

I have a silly yet serious question. How would this building fare in a high wind load? Keep in mind, I am not an engineer, but I can't help but think such a slender, tall building would sway significantly (especially at the top). Aside from being scared, I would be angry! Furthermore, how much wind could a building like this resist? If say a Tornado happened to pass through midtown, would it stand a chance of surviving?
It will be fine. It's a concrete building, and concrete is heavier than steel. Not just that, but it would have some sort of countermeasure against the wind. For example the Twin Towers had a hat truss to take the sway of the wind. This building would have something similar. Maybe even a mass damper.

Last edited by NYguy; Mar 21, 2013 at 12:28 AM.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 12:32 AM
Come As You Are

This is such a cool unique building

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 12:35 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotizzy View Post

Whether you think it's a good design or a bad design (I'm somewhere in the middle), I think it will become iconic by default. The buildings in New York - particularly the most obvious or tallest - have a way of becoming part of the story. It's not at all hard to imagine this tower being in multiple live shots, movies, commercials, etc. By default, it will become one of the more visible and eventually recognizable of Manhattan landmarks.

I'm glad we finally got the exposure with the website. One of the things about buildings this tall, you really don't have to be at the top to get the best views.

http://observer.com/2013/03/432-park...y-in-contract/

432 Park Makes Splashy Debut With a Third Of Its Units Already In Contract

By Kim Velsey 3/20 /13

Quote:
How does one describe a luxury housing market where a tower can sell more than a third of its units before it officially hits the market. Frothy? Overheated? How about insane?

Well, the tower that towers above them all—432 Park Avenue—has officially hit the market (a development first reported in The Wall Street Journal) with more than one-third of its 126 units already in contract. Apparently, the 1,396-foot Rafael Vinoly-designed tower has been quietly marketing units since last summer. We’re not sure how we feel about a project that makes its market debut with so many units already spoken for—it’s a little like a debutante attending her coming out ball when she’s already engaged to be married. But, you know, congratulations.

Since last summer, 432 Park has also been quietly hiking the prices for apartments—not once, or twice, but three whole times. The building’s total asking price is $2.7 billion, according to a filing with the New York attorney general, The Journal reports. Which means that 432 Park won’t only be Manhattan’s tallest condo tower (and the tallest residential building in the Western hemisphere), it will also be the condo tower with the highest total asking price.

The units themselves, however, while very ,very pricey, will not be the city’s most expensive. Currently availability is $20 million to $82 million—significantly less than the more than $90 plus million that a few of the units at Extell’s One57 are said to be in contract for. Maybe Harry Macklowe and the CIM group didn’t want to steal all of Gary Barnett’s thunder?

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 12:54 AM

I'm getting the feeling that future nearby supertall projects like 225W57 and whatever ultimately gets built along the Mitdown East corridor will be designed to play up this tower's subtleties as much as possible.

Even 425P almost next to it will be an interesting sight, more so than maybe at first consideration. Ditto T.V. .

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 2:01 AM
New Yorker for life

You're probably right. I also thinks the subtlety of this tower (if a tower this tall can have it) plays to a certain crowd. The people speak with their money, and so far so good. Maybe not the best for us, but it will be a very successful building.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 3:35 AM

A forest of tall, thin towers is a good thing. It allows more light to penetrate and gives each tower space enough to establish its own presence.

This particular design isn't bad, but its not great. It's obviously not intended to be iconic architecturally, rather its intended to offer fantastic views. I'm sure it will look better than the renderings though, as most buildings seem to do.

I see it as a signpost for future development of 1300+ footers in the area.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 3:49 AM

I think we can all agree that it will look good at night, right?

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 5:44 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck From NY View Post
I think we can all agree that it will look good at night, right?
For me at least, I love the night shots above.

Sublime upper floor views, sensational interiors, sophisticated presence. I like the exterior design for what it is now as I've gotten to appreciate the quiet elegance of the tower's zen-like functionality over form.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 12:10 PM

I found this video that shows animations from a would be helicopter view of the building.
http://www.businessweek.com/videos/2...-tallest-condo

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 1:57 PM
JACKinBeantown

There's a nice new time lapse on the website. Only thing is I wish they wouldn't jump around between cameras. Pretty cool nonetheless.

http://www.432parkavenue.com/new-con...e-lapse-video/

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 2:36 PM

Those views are just okay

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive