HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography

Old Posted Apr 10, 2009, 1:21 AM
So very tired...

^ Thanks!

The highlights were added in post by playing with the white balance. He is just a regular seal-point siamese.

Old Posted May 30, 2009, 7:39 PM
not a NIMBY

anyone have more cat pictures to add to this great thread?

Old Posted Jun 1, 2009, 2:22 PM

Pokey enjoying the warm morning sun.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2009, 1:57 AM
Environmental Sabotage

Haji:

Bandit:

Old Posted Jun 8, 2009, 8:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
I love all the pictures you have posted here but my absolute favorite one is definitely this one. The little guy looks so gorgeous. I generally love cats because they are so graceful. I absolutely love that they have a mind of their own. I also have a cat and I love her. Maybe I will post a picture of her.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2009, 4:02 PM
not a NIMBY

pretending to be asleep but really he was watching me

Old Posted Jun 14, 2009, 6:08 PM

A few of Chloe and Kramer. They get along very well.

Kramer gets very tired when he reads the paper.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2009, 9:11 PM
not a NIMBY

what a cute pair DLLB!

Old Posted Jun 15, 2009, 4:10 AM
So very tired...

I Like Haji, above. Very nice eyes, washed out icy blue.

Here's an odd shot of Zion:

Old Posted Jun 15, 2009, 4:55 AM
Meh

Nice pictures everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimby View Post
That reminds me. There's this guy who goes around Austin with his on his shoulder. There's a picture on Flickr of him riding his bicycle in downtown with it perched on his shoulder staring at the camera as someone drove by and snapped the photo.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2009, 6:19 AM
Meh

Unhappy Jodie Cat

My cat Jodie died Saturday night, June 13th. He was young too, I figured he was only 29 months old. I'm heartbroken. What makes this even worse, is that my brother's Dalmatian, Penny, also passed away the week before that on June 5th. Two wonderful animals of our's gone in 8 days.
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...5&postcount=31

Jodie started acting funny Friday night. He didn't touch his food, which is rare for him. He usually eats it all. He had been going to his litterbox frequently. Male cats sometimes can have problems with their penis getting stuck outside the skin. He would lick down there and acted like it was uncomfortable. So I made sure he had food and water, though he wasn't interested in his food. And he took his foot and shoved his water bowl off the windowsill three times. That night he had some vomiting also. We were planning to take him to the vet on Monday, because our vet is closed on the weekend. But unfortunately, he passed away Saturday night at about 10 pm. Saturday afternoon he was just laying around, I thought he was maybe just resting. But I noticed he wanted to get up, and acted like he couldn't. So I went over and picked him up. I couldn't get hiim to stand up on his own. His legs were limp and he couldn't stand. I had felt around on him trying to see if and where he was in pain. He acted like the area around his genitals was tender, and his penis was partially out. So that's what me think he was having that problem. Saturday afternoon though I felt his side and felt a mass. I'm thinking it was either a bladder stone or else a kidney stone. I buried him Saturday night next to my brother's Dalmatian, Penny.

I'm heartbroken. We got Jodie from my sister's friend. Basically he was my sister's cat unofficially, but once she moved out she decided she couldn't take him. So he stayed here and basically became my cat. We got him in either October or November of 2007. Her friend said he was about 10 months old, so we figured he was born sometime around December of 2006, or January of 2007. So he was only about 2 1/2 years old when he died. Much too young. We had him for about a year and a half. In that time I fell in love with him and became very attached. Jodie was the sweetest cat. My sister's friend had raised him with a pitbull, so he was very comfortable around our miniature poodles. He would hang out with my two poodles Sophie and Lacy. The three of them followed me around like I was the pied piper. I'd go outside at night to let Sophie and Lacy out to go pee and poop, and Jodie would stand and look out the patio door and wait and meow. He'd run over to the windows in the living room and jump up in the windowsill and get on his hind legs with his front feet on the window and look out for me. He'd go back and forth doing that until I came back inside. I could go to myi room and he'd wait outside by the door. And he was there in the morning when I'd wake up. He'd hear me wake up and stirring in my room getting ready. And whenever we came home he was always waiting by the front door. Jodie was just as loyal as a dog. I've never had a cat that listened to you and obeyed commands like he did. He really tried to please you. He was a great lap kitty too. I've been crying like a little girl over losing him. It's especially rough after only a week before losing Penny too.

Jodie.

A favorite spot of his while I was on the forum. I can't believe that he's gone. He hung around the living room day in and day out keeping me company. I don't even want to be in here now that he's gone. The place feels so lonely. I keep expecting him to jump up in his window or to see him stretched out on the couch. I'm just in shock that he's gone. Unbelievable.

The infamous photos of him and my grandma's cat, Snackers. The two of them got along like water and electricity.

Hanging out with my dog Lacy.

This was the last photo I took of him from last month.

He was a good cat.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2009, 2:28 PM
EVDS MPlan Grad

Sorry, Kevin.

My cat just died a couple weeks ago, but he was 20, so the situation is much different.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2009, 2:47 PM

Oh Kevin, I'm so sorry! That's terrible! He really was a very beautiful cat! I love that kind of color and pattern. You can see from the pics that he had an adorable personality aswell.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2009, 2:59 PM
not a NIMBY

my condolences Kevin (and Ayreonaut)

Old Posted Jun 15, 2009, 5:04 PM
Meh

Thanks guys.

What makes it even worse is that 3 years ago next month we lost two other of our pets and both of them actually died on the same day. So this is bringing back memories of that since Penny and Jodie died so close together too. 3 years ago we lost my mom's poodle, Hope. She was the first dog my mom had had since she was a teenager. She lived a long life though, she was 16 when she died. Miniature poodles can live to be 21 years old, though it's rare. Most live to be 15 or 16. She passed away early in the day. She quit eating and was weak. We figured she had cancer. About 8 hours after she passed away my cat Mittens also passed away. He had a series of seizures and then had a stroke I guess and died. My sister and I were there when he did. He died in my arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayreonaut View Post
Sorry, Kevin.

My cat just died a couple weeks ago, but he was 20, so the situation is much different.
I'm sorry to hear that. Having a pet pass away who has been in your life since childhood is hard. You basically grow up together, so losing them is especially difficult. They seem to be part of your life for so long, and then suddenly they're not there anymore.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2009, 5:33 AM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Let's see if I can post photos right from my Photobucket account! These are some photos of my gorgeous kitty, Bulu (short for Bulusan, named after a Filipino volcano). Isn't he adorable?

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Jun 16, 2009, 9:49 AM

^ Yes he is! Very beautiful cat.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2009, 3:50 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Thanks, olga! As with everyone else here, he's my baby...

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Jun 16, 2009, 6:04 PM
Meh

Cool cat, Aaron. He complements the glowrocks well. He has such unique coloring. Very striking.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2009, 6:53 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Yeah, he's a Bengal cat, so his colors are definitely quite striking! I got him from my good friend and old roommate in Colorado before I moved out to Bakersfield. He breeds Bengals once in a while, and Bulu was the runt of the last litter he had. Poor thing was probably a day or so from dying when Spencer and I decided we had to feed him ourselves for few days to get him healthy again. I think that's why Bulu's so addicted to canned food, as I call it "kitty crack!"

He's the most spoiled kitty on earth, I swear!

Aaron (Glowrock)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography