HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Oct 5, 2012, 9:23 PM

St Tiago City

Hi everyone, well i'm new at this forum and i decided to sign in to share some proyects and get some advices about sketch up... i think thats all. This proyect is a city that i have named Saint Tiago City. Here is the first image a took. I hope you like it and please comment all your opinions!

PS: english is not my first language so please be patient with me!

Last edited by Pzuriz; Oct 6, 2012 at 12:36 AM.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2012, 9:24 PM

Here I have some more pictures of the city. I have been texturing the buildings and added some more

Old Posted Oct 13, 2012, 7:42 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Looks cool. :-) Good work.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2012, 11:37 PM

Thanks SignalHillHiker, I'm happy you liked it. Here i have a new picture, I textured all the buildings and made some more to made a place like Timesquare

Last edited by Pzuriz; Oct 16, 2012 at 12:07 AM.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2012, 8:44 PM

Hi, I have some more pictures of the city, I just did three buildings which I will add textures later but I also added some "digital" billboards to the Time Square place which I decided to name Metro Square.

Last edited by Pzuriz; Oct 16, 2012 at 10:38 PM.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2012, 5:03 AM
I Love Tall Buildings

I like to see some more progress! Make sure you do more.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2012, 11:51 PM

Ok! I will do more

Old Posted Oct 19, 2012, 12:16 AM

Hi there, I have now done a biggest progress. I textured the buildings that I showed to you and added a few more next them and near Metro Square. Well I think the city is big enough to start giving names to the districts and buildings. This district I have been showing you is the downtown and I have named Glass District, Metro Square will be located in Sanhattan. These two districts are financial districts (but Sanhattan will be a more turistic district), later i will make some residential neighbourhoods.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2012, 3:18 AM

Hello again, sorry for stop posting but I promise I will do it more often. Well in this new (and advanced) update you can see tthat I have built lots od buildings I metro square, I also made a terrain layer.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2012, 4:06 AM

Welcome to SSP and I look forward to seeing the progress you make! It's coming along nicely and hope you continue.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2012, 1:46 AM

Thanks. I really need some comment, I was starting to think I was losing my time posting my city . I have here some more pictures, the first one is a residential zone which needs a name, the second is Saint Tiago City Hall and its based on Toronto's City Hall (which I saw first in a Resident Evil movie and I liked a lot.) and the last one is the terrain, now with a beach and water. Hope you like it!

Old Posted Nov 16, 2012, 2:03 AM

Hi again, I have made a lot of pogress since yesterday. First I added some more residential buildings in the residential distric which i have called Wellington ) I also added an airport in a corner and its called the J. P. Williamson International Airport and for last I have started another district which i have called Costanery. I think it will be like a shopping district with a lot of turism. I have also made a map of the city from the top so you can identify the disctricts easily.

Blue: Glass District (downtown)
Green: Sanhattan
Red: Wellington
Yellow: Costanery (aproximated)

Old Posted Nov 20, 2012, 11:41 PM

Hi, I have made some more progress. First I planified the city streets and added a suburb zone which is delimited frome the downtown zone by a highway. I also made some houses in the suburbs and also made a school. Here are the pictures.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2012, 9:48 PM

Hi again, I have made some new buildings near the city hall, I don't know yet if they are going to be part of the Glass District or it will be another disctrict (so if you have opinions please go ahead ) I have also expanded Wellington with some new residential buildings and added some more houses at the suburbs (it is slower than I thought)

Old Posted Nov 26, 2012, 10:35 PM

Well i think the city is big enought to make an history for it. So let's start!

It was founded in 1963 and destinated to be a large and modern city and an international commericial center.

It is located in the west coast between Los Angeles and San Francisco.
It's population is 7.428.590.

I named it St Tiago City for Santiago, Chile's capital.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2012, 5:32 AM
I Love Tall Buildings

Start making progress. Probably you can make a section of the city called Southhill? It's a modern-type district with a tower called 1 Southhill Square. Most buildings are glass-walled.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2012, 12:46 AM

That's a good name, I like it. I think I will use it on the district of the photos i showed you. Thanks for the idea. By the way, does this Southhill district really exist?

Old Posted Dec 16, 2012, 4:05 AM

I have some pictures of the new district I'm making, I haven't had a lot of time so it is not a big progress.

I have also made some info sheets of some of the buildings

Old Posted Dec 22, 2012, 10:01 PM

hi there for the ones that were waiting for an update (if there is someone because these part of the forum is kind of abbandonated ) I have some new pictures of the new district I've named Southill, (thanks verizon tower for the idea) I'm thinking that it will be a kind of mix of residential and commercial district. I have also started a new district which it's still unnamed but its a college district with dorms, classroom buildings, and things like that, in the picture you can se two dorm buildings, a soccer stadium, the science building (is the big one on the right) the humanist studies building (the one of the left of the plaza) and the main university building (the long one behind the plaza) and it's library (behind the main building) I took so to make this update because the university buildings took me a lot of time.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2012, 7:52 PM

This is coming along really nice! Keep it up! The layout looks really good as do the buildings. I like that you've also modeled areas outside the downtown area. The downtown is a bit too crowded for my taste, perhaps it could use more variation in building height and mass. There are some really nice designs in there, so maybe giving them more space they would be more visible landmarks.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup