HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Apr 12, 2016, 3:03 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is a "Thai Kitchen" moving into this vacant building next to Happy Sushi on Mountain Road. Signage is now up......

Old Posted Apr 18, 2016, 5:24 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The construction fencing has now gone up for the new NBLC at the corner of Mountain & Sheraton Green.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2016, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
There is a "Thai Kitchen" moving into this vacant building next to Happy Sushi on Mountain Road. Signage is now up......

It is called Lucydia's Thai Kitchen. The sign says it is a bubble milk tea kitchen. I am not exactly sure what that means.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 1:16 AM

I has seen the lot located at 1758 Mountain Road had been put up for sale the lot is 200 Ft in width, and 800 feet in length with the front 300 feet listed as commercial, and the back 500 feet listed as residential there was also a lot that backs to 1758 from Ivy Rd., and another on the opposite side of Ivy road as well. I'd keep an eye on the area. I'm wondering if Marsh Trailer (Mini home) park would be sold off as well, and the entire area being developed.

Old Posted May 4, 2016, 11:47 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

from Councillor Dawn Arnold's regular updates on council activities on Facebook:

Quote:
we began the procedure to re-zone a section of Horsman Road (on the east side) for a medical clinic/pharmacy.
I'm not quite sure where on Horsman we're talking about. It could be down by the Shell/Tim Horton's combo, or up closer to the Ryan Street roundabout. I'm guessing the latter.

Old Posted May 5, 2016, 1:01 PM

Quote:
from Councillor Dawn Arnold's regular updates on council activities on Facebook:

I'm not quite sure where on Horsman we're talking about. It could be down by the Shell/Tim Horton's combo, or up closer to the Ryan Street roundabout. I'm guessing the latter.
Well Jonathan Creek is up by the circle so i'm guessing closer to Sequoia Drive unless they want to bring in a bunch of fill.

Old Posted May 7, 2016, 2:48 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is a large parcel of land being cleared at the far end of DesBrisay Avenue in the Moncton Industrial Park West.

It conforms to lots 13-08, 13-09 and 13-29 in the site plan below:

That's over 9 Ha of land. According to the site plan, this land has been "sold" so there may very well be something afoot here. I have no idea what this could be, but if I were allowed to speculate (and this is pure speculation), BMM Test Labs did plan on a "campus' for their new 1,000 employee facility in Moncton. Hmmmmm.............

Last edited by MonctonRad; May 7, 2016 at 5:46 PM.

Old Posted May 7, 2016, 6:54 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Something may also be afoot on the SW corner of the Gorge Rd/TCH interchange.

There's an excavator on site and earth is being moved.........

Old Posted May 7, 2016, 9:19 PM

Quote:
Something may also be afoot on the SW corner of the Gorge Rd/TCH interchange.

There's an excavator on site and earth is being moved.........
If it's right across the Mapleton Park Gravel Parking lot I think the land was sold, and is to be transformed into an expansion of the Briarlea Drive neighborhood.

At least those where the plans that where approved when last I checked a while back.

Old Posted May 8, 2016, 1:22 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
If it's right across the Mapleton Park Gravel Parking lot I think the land was sold, and is to be transformed into an expansion of the Briarlea Drive neighborhood.
Maybe, but the plot of land in question is immediately adjacent to the eastbound exit ramp from the TCH, and to the north of Hall's Creek. Is the Briarlea Drive expansion going that far north?

Last edited by MonctonRad; May 8, 2016 at 1:34 PM.

Old Posted May 8, 2016, 3:02 AM

Parcel beside Kim Long

Had supper at Kim Long on Friday and asked the waitress if she knew what was in store for the parcel between them and Wee Collage and she said a strip mall. I'm thinki it isn't gonna be very big.

Old Posted May 8, 2016, 1:34 PM

Quote:
Could be, but it was the plot of land immediately adjacent to the eastbound exit ramp from the TCH, to the north of Hall's Creek. Is the Briarlea Drive expansion going that far north?
Housing Both north, and south of the Creek with park/green space in the middle that was said to have been the approved plans.

But as I said that was a while back. So not sure if those are still the plans for the area. Might have just been hopeful plans.

Quote:
Had supper at Kim Long on Friday and asked the waitress if she knew what was in store for the parcel between them and Wee Collage and she said a strip mall. I'm thinking it isn't gonna be very big.
I do believe the strip is going to be the size of or close to the 3 unit across the road where Jean's Restaurant, and Nita's Bar & Grill is located. could fit up to 6 maybe 7 units in it depending on the size of the units you want.

Old Posted May 8, 2016, 1:41 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerTom View Post
Had supper at Kim Long on Friday and asked the waitress if she knew what was in store for the parcel between them and Wee Collage and she said a strip mall. I'm thinki it isn't gonna be very big.
That's a difficult lot for access/egress given it's awkward location between the signalized Gorge Rd and Evergreen Dr. intersections with Mountain Rd. A "strip mall" is surprising. I could see somebody purpose building a business in this location (if they had something in mind). Just putting up a strip mall however and hoping for the best is something else entirely. It might be a tough row to hoe finding prospective tenants.........

Last edited by MonctonRad; May 9, 2016 at 12:57 AM.

Old Posted May 8, 2016, 1:45 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
Housing Both north, and south of the Creek with park/green space in the middle that was said to have been the approved plans.
OK. I don't recall any approved plans for that location, but I'm certainly not the font of all knowledge.

Hall's Creek can be prone to flooding during high rainfall situations. I think I would be quite cautious about putting up housing there without definite flood mitigation plans........

Old Posted May 9, 2016, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Maybe, but the plot of land in question is immediately adjacent to the eastbound exit ramp from the TCH, and to the north of Hall's Creek. Is the Briarlea Drive expansion going that far north?
Perhaps connecting to Woodhaven, which is on the other side of the creek...?

Old Posted May 9, 2016, 9:42 PM

GRAND OPENING EVENT this Saturday May 14th at Atlantic Outdoor Power Equipment, 51 Arsenault Court, Moncton NB. There will be Giveaways & In-House Promotions
XL Country 96.9 will be live on site and a BBQ/Cake.

Old Posted May 10, 2016, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patapouf26 View Post
Perhaps connecting to Woodhaven, which is on the other side of the creek...?
No don't think there is any space to connect to Woodhaven Court if any roads are added in.

Quote:
OK. I don't recall any approved plans for that location, but I'm certainly not the font of all knowledge.

Hall's Creek can be prone to flooding during high rainfall situations. I think I would be quite cautious about putting up housing there without definite flood mitigation plans........
I did in fact talk to a friend of mine (Who works for the city) who looked into this for me, and he does recall an agent stating that she was selling homes in the "approved" neighborhood back when this was going around, and who he believes to be the owner, or at least one of the land owners also stating that they had approved plans but nothing was ever given to the city for approval.

It seems the agent, and land owner might have jumped the gun in the hopes to drum up interest. Also talked to a friend of mine who works for a real estate company, and she told me the agent involved(who will remain nameless) has not worked in real estate since, and had no contract with any newly built neighborhood at any point from what she could fined.

Hopefully something substantial is happening in the area.

Old Posted May 10, 2016, 10:41 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
Well Jonathan Creek is up by the circle so i'm guessing closer to Sequoia Drive unless they want to bring in a bunch of fill.
Well, you were right about the location. Mayor-elect Arnold's Facebook update said the rezoning was for just a pharmacy and a medical clinic. The site plan and a rendering are now available, and there is much more to this project on Horsman Rd than she intimated.

The plan is for a multi unit strip mall on the east side of Horsman, just to the north of Sequoia, occupying virtually all the land on that side of the street up to Jonathon Creek. In additions to the pharmacy, I see that a bank will also be one of the main tenants. The developer is Corey Craig.

In many ways, a neighbourhood retail development here is needed. The back end of the subdivisions to the south of Mountain Rd are actually closer to Horsman and Berry Mills than they are to Mountain Rd itself. A retail strip here will be quite convenient to a lot of people in this end of town.

Old Posted May 11, 2016, 2:48 AM

They will especially be closer once twin oaks drive is complete through to the roundabout.

Old Posted May 20, 2016, 2:14 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Fuji Happy Sushi on Mountain Road is now closed.

It will however reopen soon with a new name - Sushi Jet

I don't know why they're rebranding. Perhaps there was an ownership change.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces