HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Diagrams

Old Posted Feb 19, 2021, 5:50 PM

LincolnLover's Diagrams

Hi everyone! I have a concern regarding my drawings pending approval. I know that I'm not really that best of an artist, but I do try my hardest. Most of my drawings have been pending approval for literal months and I've tried to talk to moderators but I can't seem to get them to delete or approve them. It's kinda been getting annoying that my drawings have been stuck pending approval forever so I was wondering if there's anything I can do to get my drawings approved or deleted. Thanks!

Old Posted Feb 19, 2021, 7:09 PM
Illustrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnlover2005 View Post
Hi everyone! I have a concern regarding my drawings pending approval. I know that I'm not really that best of an artist, but I do try my hardest. Most of my drawings have been pending approval for literal months and I've tried to talk to moderators but I can't seem to get them to delete or approve them. It's kinda been getting annoying that my drawings have been stuck pending approval forever so I was wondering if there's anything I can do to get my drawings approved or deleted. Thanks!
Hey Lincolnlover2005.
I'm no admin here, just a humble Illustrator, so my following assumption is pure speculation: As far as I understand this, the submissions get checked while awaiting approval, to see if they meet the criteria for the diagrams on this page (no copied work, no use of photos in the illustrations, etc.) Now from what I was able to see (Drawings awaiting approval are not visible for the illustrators any more) you had some drawings like Poly 335 Financial Center or the Hilton Dubai which were obviously images taken from the internet or modified. Also some of your deleted Uploads for New York looked suspiciously "non-you"... On the other hand you have drawings, that look like your style, that got approved. I could imagine that the admins got a little suspicious about your uploads, and therefore check them more in-depth? Or maybe it's their way to tell you that what you did was not cool...

But I'm no one to either judge what you upload here nor to interpret the actions of the admins regarding your uploads. That was just what came to my mind when I saw your post.
I wish you the best, and to quote you: "I know that I'm not really that best of an artist, but I do try my hardest." If you continue trying your hardest you will certainly improve. Just as little Tip: Try to work on the edges of your building. Many of your Drawings which have curves would look way better just the way they are by not having those harsh pixelated curves.
I don't know how you work but even if you use something like paint or so you can create the illusion of smooth edges by using gradients. there is even a tutorial you can use as inspiration here on the site

Old Posted Feb 21, 2021, 7:04 PM

If you haven't already, go to Account Settings -> Drawings -> Awaiting Approval and check the "view and edit" of the drawings you're worried about. Sometimes staff will leave comments there if there is an issue. Usually they accept/reject the drawing first, but they might have a question for you to answer before they get accepted.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberhafenjunge View Post
Hey Lincolnlover2005.
I'm no admin here, just a humble Illustrator, so my following assumption is pure speculation: As far as I understand this, the submissions get checked while awaiting approval, to see if they meet the criteria for the diagrams on this page (no copied work, no use of photos in the illustrations, etc.) Now from what I was able to see (Drawings awaiting approval are not visible for the illustrators any more) you had some drawings like Poly 335 Financial Center or the Hilton Dubai which were obviously images taken from the internet or modified. Also some of your deleted Uploads for New York looked suspiciously "non-you"... On the other hand you have drawings, that look like your style, that got approved. I could imagine that the admins got a little suspicious about your uploads, and therefore check them more in-depth? Or maybe it's their way to tell you that what you did was not cool...

But I'm no one to either judge what you upload here nor to interpret the actions of the admins regarding your uploads. That was just what came to my mind when I saw your post.
I wish you the best, and to quote you: "I know that I'm not really that best of an artist, but I do try my hardest." If you continue trying your hardest you will certainly improve. Just as little Tip: Try to work on the edges of your building. Many of your Drawings which have curves would look way better just the way they are by not having those harsh pixelated curves.
I don't know how you work but even if you use something like paint or so you can create the illusion of smooth edges by using gradients. there is even a tutorial you can use as inspiration here on the site

Thanks

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 4:32 AM
Website Manager

Hi LincolnLover, I've been sending you emails and messages here in the forum for months regarding your drawings.

I've found that many of them contain plagiarized material. Something which isn't allowed. I've also found that some are renderings of Sketchup 3D models. This is allowed as long as the model is your own creation and doesn't contain textures from architects renderings or photographs.

Now I find it difficult to determine which drawings submissions are acceptable and which ones contained banned elements.

Regarding your drawings currently awaiting approval - https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?searchID=104

20 Exchange Place - appears to be a Sketchup model. Is it yours? were any photographs used in it's creation

Youth Olympics Center Tower - appears to be a Sketchup model. Did you make it yourself or is it someone else's model?

Nanjing Olympic Suning Tower https://skyscraperpage.com/edit/drawing/?102283 - the floors on this drawing aren't level so I suspect this contains elements form an architects rendering which were then skewed into place

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 8:49 PM
Illustrator

Brady C. on SketchUp?

Hey Lincolnlover,
Do you happen to be Brady C. in the Sketch-Up-3D-Warehouse?

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/use...76a563/Brady-C

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Diagrams