HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 4, 2021, 12:59 PM

80 M Street, SE

Here are a couple of more photos I took last week. Two additional floors and a rooftop terrace is being added to the existing office nondescript office building at 80 M Street, SE.

"80 M Street, SE is located in Washington DC’s Navy Yard neighborhood. The project is a vertical addition/extension to an existing seven-story building. The project will add two full floors of trophy class office space with 17’-0” ceiling heights. An occupied penthouse level will add additional office density as well as a roof top terrace and building social space."

Image courtesy of Hickok Cole.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 12:54 PM

Capitol Riverfront/Navy Yard

Here are a couple of more photos I took last week of various developments at the Capitol Riverfront/Navy Yard.

1000 South Capitol Street, SE.

41 L Street, SE.

This is going to be a two-story retail building on First and N Street, SE. This is directly across the street from Nationals Park.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2021, 7:34 PM

Southwest DC

A chance to do things differently? How the Greenleaf Gardens redevelopment plan could fulfill its goals.

By Nena Perry-Brown
Greater Greater Washington
Feb. 25, 2021

Aerial of massing from the 2017 redevelopment plan from HR&A Advisors* and Perkins Eastman. (Image via Greater Greater Washington)

A rendering of Westminster Church site development, from Bozzuto Development, Bozzuto Homes, and Westminster Community Partners. Image by KGD Architecture (via Greater Greater Washington).

"Last November, the DC Housing Authority (DCHA) selected a co-developer for its planned redevelopment of Southwest’s Greenleaf Gardens community and embarked upon a precedent-setting approach to engaging Greenleaf Gardens residents.

Now, DCHA has brought that co-development team into its first meetings with residents and stakeholders to explain the proposal that so inspired confidence in DCHA’s selection committee. Here’s what that proposal entails and how it relates to what DCHA required in its request for proposals (RFP)..."

https://ggwash.org/view/80534/a-chan...fill-its-goals

Old Posted Mar 9, 2021, 9:52 PM

Buzzard Point

A Warmer Look for New Hotel/Apartment Development Near Nats Park

March 9, 2021
By Nena Perry-Brown
Urban Turf

Newer rendering of south view of proposed development. (Image via Urban Turf)

"A proposed hotel-residential-commercial project a block from Nationals Park in Southwest now has a warmer look, and new renderings are giving a more realistic idea of how the development would fit into the neighborhood.

D.B. Lee Development has applied for zoning review of the development that would replace the auto repair shop on at 45 Q Street SW with 60 apartments, 191 hotel rooms, and a 3,700 square-foot market and café..."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...elopment/17977

Old Posted Mar 10, 2021, 9:17 PM

Former WMATA headquarters

This will be a big improvement for the new tenants of this building, which is currently a cold, brutalist building.

A First Look at the Proposed Office Redevelopment of Metro’s DC Headquarters

March 10, 2021
By Nena Perry-Brown
Urban Turf

Southwest view of proposed development. (Image via Urban Turf)

"Nearly two years after the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) put its headquarters site at 600 5th Street NW (map) up for ground lease proposals, we are getting the first look at the concept planned for the office redevelopment.

Stonebridge and Rockefeller Group are planning to deliver 420,000 square feet of office space above 14,000 square feet of retail to the site. The existing building would be stripped to its concrete core and reused in order to mitigate any impacts on the Red Line tunnel that runs through the below-grade garage. The design architect is Pickard Chilton..."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...21&omhide=true

Old Posted Mar 11, 2021, 2:11 AM

166 Apartments + 222 Hotel Rooms for Capitol Crossing Center Block

March 10, 2021
By Nena Perry-Brown
Urban Turf

Image courtesy of Urban Turf.

Rendering of the hotel, from F Street. (Image courtesy of Urban Turf)

"Almost 18 months after office use was nixed for the the center block of DC's Capitol Crossing development, we are getting our first glimpse of the mix of uses that will land there instead.

Property Group Partners (PGP) plans to file a second-stage planned unit development (PUD) application to deliver 166 apartments, 222 hotel rooms and 21,600 square feet of retail above the Center Leg Freeway off F Street between 2nd and 3rd Street NW (map). The residential and hotel uses would each be in a 12-story building atop a shared two-story retail-and-amenity podium..."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...er-block/17983

Old Posted Mar 11, 2021, 4:06 PM

With the development occurring in SW, will power lines be buried like they are in most other areas of the L'Enfant part of the city? That rendering shows utility poles and power lines strung along the street. I'd love to see it all buried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 202_Cyclist View Post
A Warmer Look for New Hotel/Apartment Development Near Nats Park

March 9, 2021
By Nena Perry-Brown
Urban Turf

Newer rendering of south view of proposed development. (Image via Urban Turf)

"A proposed hotel-residential-commercial project a block from Nationals Park in Southwest now has a warmer look, and new renderings are giving a more realistic idea of how the development would fit into the neighborhood.

D.B. Lee Development has applied for zoning review of the development that would replace the auto repair shop on at 45 Q Street SW with 60 apartments, 191 hotel rooms, and a 3,700 square-foot market and café..."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...elopment/17977

Old Posted Mar 11, 2021, 5:23 PM

I absolutely agree, the utility poles look awful. I think they will likely be buried (as they are in the Capitol Riverfront/Navy Yard) as the neighborhood comes along.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2021, 8:30 PM

123 Apartments and Makerspace Proposed for Ivy City ProFish Site

March 11, 2021
By Nena Perry-Brown
Urban Turf

"While the future of the Crummell School site remains in limbo, another residential development may be headed to the same Ivy City block.

OceanPro Properties is looking to replace its ProFish warehouse at 1900 Fenwick Street NE with an 80 foot-tall, 123-unit building with retail and makerspace on the ground-floor and part of the second floor. The project will require a planned unit development (PUD) application with a map amendment to rezone the site from PDR-1 (production, distribution and repair) to MU-7 (medium-density mixed-use)."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...ofish-si/17982

Old Posted Mar 11, 2021, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post
With the development occurring in SW, will power lines be buried like they are in most other areas of the L'Enfant part of the city? That rendering shows utility poles and power lines strung along the street. I'd love to see it all buried.
I think it's just a quick and dirty render plopped on an existing image. If you look at the utility lines, they all continue on and vanish as if the new building isn't there.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2021, 10:55 PM
BANNED

Does anyone know if this redevelopment of 600 E St will proceed?

https://www.bisnow.com/washington-dc...itioning-93490

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 2:43 AM

According to Tweets from WBJ's Michael Neibauer's there were several building permits recently issued. The biggest:
"Another permit: 68,660sf, 60-unit "row structure" at 2711 13th St. NE, filling that big empty lot at 13th Street and Rhode Island Ave. Looks like 4 floors and and a left level."

It's worth checking out his tweeter feed for a full rundown:
https://twitter.com/WBJNeibs/status/1370077315976339462

According to this article from a couple years ago, it looks like the 60 units is phase one of 300 unit project. https://www.bisnow.com/washington-dc...project-100836

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 3:06 AM

WDCEP Releases DC Development Report: 2020/2021 Edition

Quote:
The Washington DC Economic Partnership (WDCEP) has released the latest edition of their signature publication, DC Development Report: 2020/2021 Edition, providing the latest trends and analysis of more than 2,000 major projects, representing more than 355 million SF of development in the District of Columbia.
https://wdcep.com/wp-content/uploads...0-DCDR-web.pdf

Old Posted Mar 13, 2021, 12:49 PM
Selfie-stick vendor

^^ wow what a comprehensive overview of DC development

216 million square feet, 91,000 residential units, and 21,000 hotel rooms developed in the last 20 years.

20 million square feet under construction

pretty impressive

Old Posted Mar 16, 2021, 7:14 PM

U Street

This is excellent news. Despite being one of the most prominent blocks in Washington, there is a bland four-story office building there now.

Apartments, Hotel Rooms, Alley Dwellings: Big Development Plans Above U Street Metro

March 16, 2021
By Nena Perry-Brown
Urban Turf

"While we await news of what could be headed to the Reeves Center at 14th and U Street, developer Eastbanc has plans for a prominent corner just above the Metro a block away.

Eastbanc (with partner Jamestown) is moving toward seeking historic concept review for a proposal that would deliver 106 apartments and 51 hotel rooms above retail to 1250 U Street NW, along with 36 stacked duplexes in the alley behind. The nine-story-plus-penthouse building would include a new canopy for the Metrorail entrance below..."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...et-metro/18010

Old Posted Mar 17, 2021, 5:21 PM

Capitol Riverfront/Navy Yard

A More Detailed Look at Parcel H, the 500-Unit Development Coming to The Yards

March 17, 2021
By Nena Perry-Brown
Urban Turf

Newer rendering of proposed development, looking northwest. (Image courtesy of Urban Turf)

Newer rendering of proposed development, looking northeast from First Street. (Image courtesy of Urban Turf)

"Another residential component of The Yards is headed toward a key approval.

The National Capital Planning Commission (NCPC) will review and vote on the latest concept for Parcel H next month. As proposed last summer, a 130 foot-tall building on the southeast corner of First and N Streets SE may deliver 500 apartments above 22,000 square feet of retail..."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...he-yards/18011

Old Posted Mar 21, 2021, 9:26 PM

I was in DC yesterday and took some photos of all the construction in the area. I was very surprised by the number of construction cranes! All photos taken by me on my phone on 03/20/2021.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2021, 11:37 AM

SouthCentralPA-- thank you for posting these photos. There is an incredible amount of development north of Union Station and near Union Market. The change there in the past one or two years has been dramatic.

14 UNIT CONDO BUILDING COMING TO 12TH STREET NE BETWEEN NEWTON AND OTIS

March 22, 2021

Image courtesy of Brookland Bridge.

"In January we noticed that a couple of buildings on 12th Street NE were being demolished to make way for a new condo development. By now, the buildings are long gone and construction is underway at 3619 12th Street NE (between Newton and Otis). The building permit simply reads:

Brooklanders may remember that the white colonial house at 3619 12th Street NE was a bed and breakfast a while ago. I remember getting a tour of the bnb ten or eleven years ago. Then seven or so years ago I tried unsuccessfully to make a reservation there for family members who were vising. It was very difficult to find any contact information on line for the business and I even tried to make a reservation in person with no luck. So I am not sure when it stopped being a bed and breakfast, but I am pretty sure no business took its place since it stopped operating. (After this story posted, we got some interesting additional background on the old house, which we posted at the end of this story below)."

https://brooklandbridge.com/19119/14...wton-and-otis/

Old Posted Mar 23, 2021, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCentralPA View Post
I was in DC yesterday and took some photos of all the construction in the area. I was very surprised by the number of construction cranes! All photos taken by me on my phone on 03/20/2021.
Thanks for the update! Looks like these photos are from around Union Market?

Old Posted Mar 24, 2021, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 202_Cyclist View Post
SouthCentralPA-- thank you for posting these photos. There is an incredible amount of development north of Union Station and near Union Market. The change there in the past one or two years has been dramatic.
My pleasure! And it's the first I've been back in the area since December 2019 and the area has changed so much even in that time. Pretty crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post
Thanks for the update! Looks like these photos are from around Union Market?
Yep! The first two are from Union Market and the other few are from New York Ave a little to the west of the Union Market area.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations