HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 24, 2015, 7:55 AM
heavy user of walkability

in Redwood City, the Crossing 900 building has been at least partially occupied by Box. here a shot of the new little plaza and ramp leading up to the adjacent Caltrain station. on the left construction has started on another building across the street

Old Posted Jan 3, 2016, 4:33 AM

from Caltrain

heading south out of SF on Caltrain...

the Cove at Oyster Point, moving north to south

at Hayward Park, work continues on the sites next to the freeway, but hasn't started yet on the former Kmart site at the station.

at Bay Meadows, looks like construction has started on the second of the office buildings alongside the Caltrain tracks. from a few days ago, moving north to south:

here is progress on the first one, as well as some of the housing

Old Posted Jan 10, 2016, 9:18 PM

1911 Telegraph Ave

Quote:
Arts Program: 4,480 gsf

Retail: 56,450 gsf

Hotel: 160,574 gsf and 168 keys

Residential: 237,695 gsf and 330 units

Parking: provided for residential, retail and hotel

Total gross square-feet of development is targeted at approx. 520,000 gsf

Old Posted Feb 1, 2016, 6:09 AM

San Carlos Caltrain

they recently demolished an abandoned building just north of San Carlos Caltrain station along El Camino, which I am assuming means that the Transit Village project there is finally to get underway. as seen from the train

on a rainy Jan 19

Jan 22

Jan 27

Old Posted Feb 21, 2016, 10:33 PM

along Caltrain line

nothing new going on in San Carlos yet, but here a couple updates on other things visible from Caltrain...

couple views of the happenings at Oyster Point in South SF

it is a constant source of consternation for me that all the jobs these buildings represent are not easily accessible from the train that goes right by them. and so much for the plan to partially remedy that

the Hines office development at Hayward Park station is progressing, but no activity on either of the projects across the street

a new crane has gone up for the next office building at Bay Meadows in San Mateo

a look at progress on the first one, and the housing getting closer to the (Hillsdale) train station

Last edited by timbad; Feb 21, 2016 at 11:12 PM. Reason: added Hayward Park info

Old Posted Mar 30, 2016, 4:36 AM

Peninsula

checking along Caltrain route down the Peninsula... Oyster Point, where you can barely see that a second building is going up on the far left side:

Bay Meadows second office building

and housing

these are from a couple weeks ago, but are from inside the development, showing the front of the office building

Old Posted Jun 7, 2016, 3:09 PM

New proposed 6-storey 110 unit residential building in Oakland designed by David Baker Architects

More details: https://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/the-union3

Old Posted Jun 8, 2016, 6:39 PM

Old Posted Jun 8, 2016, 7:50 PM

Construction on The Dwight, a new 6-storey 99 unit apartment at 2121 Dwight Way, Berkley, is nearing completion as it is set to open in September 2016 with Leasing expected to start Summer 2016.

More details on the project: https://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/the-dwight

Old Posted Jun 9, 2016, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RST500 View Post
While this does look like something that would be built in the outer East Bay, this is Dublin, *Ohio*.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2016, 3:05 PM
Build Baby Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotwellian View Post
While this does look like something that would be built in the outer East Bay, this is Dublin, *Ohio*.
It is still 'East' of the Bay. You just have to go about 2000 miles east to see it.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2016, 7:18 AM

walked by the respective developments at the two southern San Mateo Caltrain stations this weekend.

I was pleasantly surprised to realize that work has indeed started on Station Park Green, 600 housing units at Hayward Park:

I've been watching the site from the train and couldn't tell what was going on behind piles of dirt. on the right in this shot you can see progress on the Hines office buildings across the street.

the offices again:

the other project that is supposed to go up on the Caltrain parking lot hasn't gotten going yet:

as seen from the station area:

the next station south is Hillsdale, where Bay Meadows is going up. I would say about half the parcels are complete or under construction. the done parts are pleasant enough to walk around:

this is a look down 'Main St' (actually called Delaware), where there will be offices on the right and housing/amenities on the left

the development is mostly an island, with the only ways to enter/exit via roads at three of the corners. the eastern side abuts an office complex, from which it is fenced off (offices on left):

the western side is train tracks, the southern side is an existing neighborhood from which BM is also walled off, and the northern side is a park, beyond which is the San Mateo Fairgrounds. I didn't see any sign of neighborhood-serving retail yet.

Last edited by timbad; Jun 13, 2016 at 7:31 AM.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 1:25 PM

5110 Telegraph, a new 6-storey 204 unit residential building by Nautilus Group, was unanimously approved at the Oakland Planning Commission on June 1, 2016

More project details: https://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/5110-telegraph-ave

Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 10:24 PM
I enjoy discussing issues

Bay Meadows is pretty isolated now, but at the very least they're working to connect it:

Old Posted Jul 8, 2016, 4:54 PM

New rendering for 7544 Dublin Blvd, a 313-unit apartment by Bay West Development in Dublin. More details: https://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/7544-dublin-blvd

Old Posted Jul 8, 2016, 9:50 PM

Since you brought up Dublin. Wallis Ranch is the last mega development in Dublin over open space as opposed to infill. Dublin has had a history of the worst sprawl in the Bay Area in recent years but voted to put in a greenbelt.

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/my-town/...-breaks-ground

[img]http://media.bizj.us/view/img/5251411/wallis-ranch*750xx2200-1238-0-114.jpg[/img]

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...is-dublin.html

Old Posted Jul 8, 2016, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RST500 View Post
Since you brought up Dublin. Wallis Ranch is the last mega development in Dublin over open space as opposed to infill. Dublin has had a history of the worst sprawl in the Bay Area in recent years but voted to put in a greenbelt.

So I just had college orientation and I was in a group with other people from the college of architecture and environmental design. Probably a third of the group was from the Bay Area and I was curious about the towns they were from so I looked them up on Google Earth after. One kid was from Brentwood and thanks to the fact that Google's historic imagery is really strong for the Bay Area I was able to see pretty much the whole town didn't exist in 1993. Point is I'd argue Brentwood's sprawl is worse than Dublin's.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2016, 6:10 PM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kill 'em View Post
So I just had college orientation and I was in a group with other people from the college of architecture and environmental design. Probably a third of the group was from the Bay Area and I was curious about the towns they were from so I looked them up on Google Earth after. One kid was from Brentwood and thanks to the fact that Google's historic imagery is really strong for the Bay Area I was able to see pretty much the whole town didn't exist in 1993. Point is I'd argue Brentwood's sprawl is worse than Dublin's.
They are both terrible.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2016, 8:42 PM
Unicorn Wizard!

Most of those new subdivisions appear denser and have more connective streets than their older counterparts though. I think it will be bad for the region's housing crunch to stop building them.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2016, 5:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kill 'em View Post
Brentwood may have more sprawl but it's isolated out in the flatlands of the Central Valley/Delta are, while Dublin has become a major eye sore with the hillsides covered in track housing.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations