HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral

Old Posted Sep 16, 2008, 2:28 PM
Meh

Louisiana threads moved to Southern States section

I noticed that threads for Louisiana were being posted in both the 'Texas & Southcentral' and the 'Southern States' sections. We really should have these threads posted in just one regional section. Since Louisiana is considered by most to be a 'southern state', and the forumers who make up that section agreed to that, I moved all the Louisiana threads out of the Texas section, and into that one. There was also the issue that that section had more traffic anyway with southern forumers. Few of the regular forumers from that region of the country were actually posting or even viewing the Texas section. So to make all the threads on Louisiana more inclusive, I moved them there.

The New Orleans Update thread that was a sticky topic here can be found there under that title now.

The Baton Rouge Update thread was merged with the 'Baton Rouge Development' thread there.

None of the threads or any of the posts within them were deleted. I simply moved them.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2008, 11:32 PM
TIGERS NATIONAL CHAMPS

wow, I lose power for 12 days because of Gustav and come back to find that i have been kicked out. I have always felt a "connection with Texas because of the energy sector and enjoyed the sharing of info among my neighbors there. I guess what confused me mostly is the South "Central" part of the name. I for one feel that you cannot be located more central than Louisiana is at the terminus of the Mississippi River.
But no hard feelings Kevin, I know you mean no harm, I understand your reasoning and appreciate your efforts, duplicate posts really make no sense.
But still I cannot help wonder what is next, move all Oklahoma postings to Midwest. In my opinion, it makes more sense to just rename this Forum "Texas".

Last edited by fla_tiger; Sep 17, 2008 at 12:36 AM.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2008, 1:22 AM
Meh

I wasn't thrilled about having to do it either. I feel more of a connection to Louisiana than I do with the other bordering states of Texas. But it doesn't make sense to have duplicate threads in two regional sections. I'm not sure any of the southern forumers would have been cool with officially moving the Louisiana threads to the Texas & Southcentral section either. Everyone seemed to think they belonged in the Southern States section.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2008, 4:46 PM

Well that just gives us an excuse to visit the Southern section more frequently now. Does this mean that this section is only the states of Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas??

My personal opinion is that Houston is so close to Louisiana, that we're in the same region, but that's just me.

For politics, check out my blog Texas Leftist

Old Posted Sep 19, 2008, 1:46 AM

It doesn't matter to me....I visit both forums, but generally prefer coming here because every thread on the Southern forum is either about Mobile or Charlotte.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2008, 3:10 AM
Go Saints!!!!!!

hey....i fought tooth and nail to include louisiana in this forum when it was first created. the southern states obviously wanted dallas and houston to stop clogging their forum with post, so they voted to move just texas, but through the work of myself, i politicked hard enough to include louisiana and ark, hence the name southcentral.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2008, 4:01 AM
Meh

Yeah, but again, the reason I moved the threads out of here was that a majority of Louisiana forumers were posting in the other section. It didn't make sense to try and drag them over here and move their threads here. Some forumers over there were completely oblivious to Louisiana threads in this section. Just goes to show what region they think their state is in.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2013, 8:57 PM
c'est le temps.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla_tiger View Post
wow, I lose power for 12 days because of Gustav and come back to find that i have been kicked out. I have always felt a "connection with Texas because of the energy sector and enjoyed the sharing of info among my neighbors there. I guess what confused me mostly is the South "Central" part of the name. I for one feel that you cannot be located more central than Louisiana is at the terminus of the Mississippi River.
But no hard feelings Kevin, I know you mean no harm, I understand your reasoning and appreciate your efforts, duplicate posts really make no sense.
But still I cannot help wonder what is next, move all Oklahoma postings to Midwest. In my opinion, it makes more sense to just rename this Forum "Texas".
As per Ma Bell (AT&T the Phone Co.) divided the US into sections, Louisiana was always South Central Bell, Texas and New Mexico Southwestern Bell, Arizona and California Western Bell and Mississippi, Alabama Southern Bell and Georgia Southeastern Bell. It sounds very funny calling Texas South Central.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral