HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Feb 13, 2013, 2:32 AM
SWFC and ICC R Best

I want to see more base glassed put up, to get a feel of what the bottom is going to look like, I know otie I believe, posted a piece of the clad,, but it'll take a cpl rows or so to see if it's worthy of this beauty.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2013, 1:58 PM
New Yorker for life

The strangest Freedom Tower story you'll read, at least today...

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertai...-grammy-dress/

The Secrets Behind Carrie Underwood’s Grammy Dress

By ABC News
Feb 12, 2013

Quote:
Carrie Underwood took home a Grammy Sunday night for Best Country Solo Performance but it wasn’t her win that made headlines. What stole the show at the 55th Annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles was the huge silver gown the 29-year-old singer wore while performing her hit “Blown Away.”

“We got the call on a Friday two weeks ago that we need the dress in a week,” designer Don O’Neill told ABC News’ Amy Robach. O’Neill, a New York-based designer originally from Ireland, was told that Underwood wanted “something unique” and something that could have a movie projected on it.

He got to work creating a silver-gray Duchess satin gown inspired by the Freedom Tower in New York City, the 1,776-foot-tall tower on the site of the former World Trade Center.

“I love that sort of triangular shape that gets narrower in the Freedom Tower,” O’Neill said. “And I wanted something that’s to me the ultimate modern piece of Manhattan.”

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.co...y-dress-theia/

Kate Tomlinson

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2013, 2:46 PM

New Spire/Antenna Section placed!

Old Posted Feb 13, 2013, 4:15 PM

With the new section installed, the Tower is now 1,495' 10" and 1,501' 6" from the Vesey St. Entrance. Looking good.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2013, 4:39 PM

And another one, two in one day!

Old Posted Feb 13, 2013, 4:47 PM
BANNED

^And it's not even lunch time yet! Check out the glass coverage on the south face- It's doubled since yesterday morning! They're flyin.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2013, 4:55 PM
Brooklyn Baby!

And another section is up. A tandem pick for this one.

Image via Earthcam

Old Posted Feb 13, 2013, 5:04 PM

1 wtc as of now is 1,506 feet making it the 6th tallest building in the world by pinnacle !

Old Posted Feb 13, 2013, 5:16 PM
Brooklyn Baby!

Skyline Cam is back..

Image via Earthcam

Old Posted Feb 13, 2013, 5:33 PM

That actually doesn't look bad from a skyline standpoint.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2013, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkDominates View Post
That actually doesn't look bad from a skyline standpoint.
It's not going to look that bad,but just not as good if it had the radome.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2013, 5:37 PM

^ That.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2013, 6:15 PM
BANNED

I bet some people will prefer the detailed metal work on the spire to the smooth covering... the industrial appearance is an interesting contrast to the smooth featureless glass monoliths that surround it.

Does anybody know if the ring will be covered with dishes or not? If so, it would make the tower appear taller and more interesting.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2013, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
Does anybody know if the ring will be covered with dishes or not? If so, it would make the tower appear taller and more interesting.
It will eventually.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2013, 6:28 PM
Sukaitsuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
I bet some people will prefer the detailed metal work on the spire to the smooth covering... the industrial appearance is an interesting contrast to the smooth featureless glass monoliths that surround it.

If what I've read is exact, the ring will be like an empty skeleton when completed, then it will progressively be covered by dishes, depending on the number of TV channels who wish to install their equipment on the tower.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2013, 6:39 PM
Build Baby Build

Each next installation will go super quick. They may be able to complete this thing early, despite the weather.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2013, 6:55 PM

Piece number 9 just got up there!

Old Posted Feb 13, 2013, 7:12 PM

So, bit of a funny dream I had while napping just now.

I had finally made it back to New York (though I was vaguely aware it was a dream, it wasn't lucid, so I wasn't in conscious control), and I was walking around the lobby of One World Trade Center. The interior was considerably plainer than it's real-life counterpart, and there was a split in the core a la New York Times Building. The line for the observation deck wound through the entire lobby, to a pair of elevators on the north corner of the core.

While walking through the lobby, I realized the building was constructed directly in the footprint of the original One World Trade Center, and had a palpable sense that I was walking where hundreds of people died.

Here's the part where my brain started tripping: At some point as I was standing in line near the elevator, it faded to a scene in which undercover agents - which I knew to be extraterrestrials (probably on account of all those abduction flicks I've been watching recently) - were in a nearby building (or maybe the same building, but with a different layout), when they produced a dark, metal model of one of their spacecraft. The "camera" cut to the model, which was revealed to look exactly like One World Trade Center, and there was a dramatic, movie-style "reveal" noise.

Based on this information, One World Trade Center is clearly an alien spacecraft being built under conspiracy by the US government so the greys can return to Zeta Reticuli (funnily enough, many sci-fi fans have speculated that a real-life space-going ship (as in a space "ship", as opposed to "boat") would be laid out like a skyscraper instead of an ocean-going ship).

So, that's my acid trip for the day. Anyone else got weird dreams involving 1WTC?

Old Posted Feb 13, 2013, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dense_Electric View Post
Anyone else got weird dreams involving 1WTC?

Old Posted Feb 13, 2013, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnapp1 View Post
skyline cam is back..

image via earthcam
looking amazing! Omfg

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive