HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Dec 2, 2020, 9:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post

The Boston pizza dude bothers me too. What a genius: convincing Canadians to buy Swanson frozen dinners at a restaurant. Nearly every thing is precooked and frozen at Boston Pizza. Overpriced, lousy food.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 3:42 AM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proof Sheet View Post
Mr. Wonderful is a critter of the highest order. Have you ever seen his interview when he vowed as a teenager that he was never going to work for anyone ever again in his world when he was forced as a teenager to not only scoop ice cream but also clean the crap off the floor in the ice cream parlour.

His whole schtick is annoying. Another thing that bugs me is his inability to speak french despite being born in Montreal and living there for years. And then after committing to running for Parliament he suddenly realize that his inability to properly speak french could hurt his chances in Quebec. Wow what a smart guy

I'm sure he was the one driving that boat and he was probably half cut and he dropped his wife into it.

Not sure who bugs me more on Dragons Den..Mr Wonderful or Manjit Minhas, purveyor of swill beer, cheap knock off booze and overall dismissive entrepreneur
Not as bad as Ravinder Minhas who looks like an Indian Alfred E. Newman and starred in their douchey commercials:

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 3:47 AM
Fake News

Let us not forget this fascist piece of shit either:

Do all of these douches think they're martyrs or something? Or is that just the face they make as they jerk off to Ayn Rand?

Last edited by O-tacular; Dec 3, 2020 at 4:03 AM.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 3:56 AM
Fake News

Blue Steel midlife crisis:

Why must all men of this type and age wear Paisley? Do they think that it's edgy or cool?

His shirts are sucking my soul right out of my body!

Apparently his soul has also been sucked from his body judging from recent pictures:

But in all seriousness I'm not sure which of his tweets to find most disturbing or offensive. The time he called for anyone opposing pipelines to be hanged or this:

https://theprovince.com/news/local-n...8-f86d861a120f

For being a favourite liberal bias boogeyman for all Conservatives CBC sure loves to hire crackpot conservative assholes like no other station!

Last edited by O-tacular; Dec 3, 2020 at 4:14 AM.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 4:03 AM

Who is that?

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 4:04 AM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoldtimer View Post
Who is that?
Brett Wilson. A Calgary entrepreneur and one of the Dragons on Dragons Den.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 2:08 PM
The Vomit Bag.

If wokeism means being aware of the myriad forms of injustice and prejudice, does sleepism describe those ostriches with their head buried in the sand, pretenting such myriad forms of injustice and prejudice don't exist?

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Not as bad as Ravinder Minhas who looks like an Indian Alfred E. Newman and starred in their douchey commercials:

What a couple of clowns. Their lasting contribution to Winnipeg was demolishing a warehouse to make way for a brewery that surprise surprise, still hasn't materialized 10 years later.

I would never, ever buy their products.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 4:27 PM
The Vomit Bag.

I totally see the resemblance.

ipwatchdog

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 6:00 PM

How about some exposition? You can't just post some ho-hum local Calgary businessmen and expect the rest of us to know what you're talking about.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 6:37 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
How about some exposition? You can't just post some ho-hum local Calgary businessmen and expect the rest of us to know what you're talking about.
The exposition was posting judges from Dragons Den. Brett Wilson is an original judge from the show.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2020, 12:10 AM
Mooderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proof Sheet View Post
Not sure who bugs me more on Dragons Den..Mr Wonderful or Manjit Minhas, purveyor of swill beer, cheap knock off booze and overall dismissive entrepreneur

I hated those commercials.. DAMN GOOD BEER.

right.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2020, 12:18 AM
Great White Norf

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post

I hated those commercials.. DAMN GOOD BEER.

right.
If you're from Ontario, Carling and Lakeport are better beers than Minhas swill

Minhas' Boxer and other shite brands (do they also make that TNT beer?) make Pilsner and Olympia look like solid Western Canada beer flagships

Old Posted Dec 4, 2020, 12:21 AM
Great White Norf

and F@$% Boston Pizza, and W. Brett Wilson and his shitty paisley shirt collection

When I lived in Calgary someone created a parody twitter account called something like Brett Wilsons Shirt or the like and it drove him mad.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2020, 6:08 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Apparently the owner of Frozen Pits-ah (Treliving) also owns Mr. Lube (the place where the mechanics try 5 different ways to rook/scam you into extra maintenance work that you don't need, like air filter replacement and engine flushing). Lousy restaurant, dishonest mechanics.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2020, 6:19 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Nor, of course, is this phenomenon of wilful bad eating unique to Boston Pizza and the Ribber-Winger Combos or Bacon Pizzaburgers it unapologetically serves. The chain restaurant in Canada enjoys a robust and ever-flourishing existence marked by breadth of influence and diversity of style: in any city small or large we can savour, with reliable delight, family-friendly casual-dining establishments such as East Side Mario’s (Italian-American), Kelseys (“Neighbourhood Bar and Grill”), The Keg (nominally upscale steakhouse), Montana’s (Southern BBQ), Nickels (diner-style burgers affiliated with Céline Dion) and Milestones (no one identifiable theme, but they seem to favour chicken) — restaurants of infallible reputation all. To step into any of these well-engineered emporiums of calorie-rich dinner is to find consistency on a scale closer to fast-food than fine dining (or, for that matter, home-cooking).

What you’re paying for in large part is the absence of doubt and the eradication of surprise. The chain restaurant is reassuringly predictable: you know, eating here, what the fries will taste like. There is something childish and conservative about the desire to eat at Boston Pizza or Kelseys or East Side Mario’s, something pitiable about the impulse to slump into those chunky plastic booths for a generous serving of frozen steak and the ice cream scoop of garlic mashed potato you depend upon for comfort or nostalgic bliss.

Maybe 40-million Canadians are merely sentimental — under the wistful spell of the chain restaurant and soothing power of the mediocrity on which we can always depend. Probably there are many people who eat at Boston Pizza or its homogenous contemporaries because they don’t know any better or have never been afforded the chance to dine with real pleasure elsewhere — those surrounded by chains in locations where the only image of local restaurants is a caricature of minuscule plates and hard-to-pronounce meals.
https://nationalpost.com/life/food/w...w-bad-they-are

Old Posted Dec 4, 2020, 6:37 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Wonderland Road is one of London's main commercial arteries. Would you like to walk along it?
https://www.google.ca/maps/@42.98349...7i13312!8i6656

I feel like I am playing Dodgeball, but with the endless cars that keep whizzing and turning. Absolutely wretched from an urban fabric perspective, and cannot be fixed by tall buildings. Ontario in general is really bad at building walkable commerical districts in the suburbs. I live in London, and outside the core (and the notable exception of Wortley Village) there are no commercial districts suitable for walking. Not just soul-sucking, but downright hazardous.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2020, 6:41 PM
The Vomit Bag.

urbantoronto

Old Posted Dec 4, 2020, 6:43 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Complete with color TV and hot showers too

bstatic

Old Posted Dec 4, 2020, 6:48 PM

This has to be the cheapest motel room I have ever seen. I think the cheapest I’ve seen around here (for some borderline slums in Gatineau) are priced 70 or 80$.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada