HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 19, 2017, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
3 years!

News that good calls for 3 dancing bananas!

too much money for an unproven guy. they should have signed him for 2 years with an option. I guess the bombers never learned anything from willy.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2017, 8:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Nichols resigned with the Bombers for another three years. If Durrant comes here hope he is prepared to take third string money, run short yardage plays and otherwise spend most of the season holding a clipboard...
I have to laugh. 😂
lot of money for an unproven qb.
yet you'd have a proven qb like Durant making 3rd stringer money.
no wonder the bombers haven't won a championship in 27 years.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2017, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheal View Post
I have to laugh. 😂
lot of money for an unproven qb.
yet you'd have a proven qb like Durant making 3rd stringer money.
no wonder the bombers haven't won a championship in 27 years.
Why would the Bombers overpay for a "proven" has been? The Bombers are worried about competing in 2017, not 2010.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2017, 8:22 PM

Durant is like Kevin Glenn. QB on the downslope I his career. He'll bounce around with teams utilizing his experience more than anything.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2017, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Durant is like Kevin Glenn. QB on the downslope I his career. He'll bounce around with teams utilizing his experience more than anything.
Exactly. Durant will be a great midseason replacement for an injured starter, but you'd have to be pretty desperate to hitch your wagon to him as a starter right now.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2017, 9:19 PM

Durant just signed 3 years with Montreal.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2017, 3:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
I guess we'll find out this season how Durant and Nichols do. I'm putting my money on Durant.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2017, 3:46 PM

Sounds like Burris is going to announce his retirement today. Still not Nichols biggest fan but there was minimal change to be upgrading this off season so locking him in was a decent move by the Bombers.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 9:42 PM

Too early? Bombers go to the GC this year, well play-off bound again. 1st game of pre-season and regular season against the Riders..Have a good feeling about this season..(don't quote me)..

Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 2:43 PM

Unless something happens with the Stamps the Bombers will have a tough time getting to the GC. Making it to the west division final and hosting a play-off gaming are both real possibilities though this season. They need to get some wins happening early in the season though.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 1:05 AM

E-mail from the Bombers today:

1. The new Rapid Transit terminal will open in early July. All buses will use the terminal including park and ride and regular transit, freeing up the roads around the stadium and speeding up entry/exit on game days.
2. New lowered concession prices mean hot dogs, perogies, grilled Kielbasa on a stick and many more new options will be priced starting at $4.
3. The Blue Bomber Bar Network – leaving from Gate 2, this shuttle will transport fans directly to bars downtown post-game.
4. Approximately 400 seats were removed to make space for new viewing platforms on the concourse for 2017. This will alleviate concourse congestion and create better viewing in the endzones.
5. And finally, the new Ticket Swap program for 2017 – If you’re a season ticket member and can’t make a home game, you can now donate your tickets for a tax receipt or swap games. Details can be found here.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2017, 12:01 AM

Wade and the Bombers organization are doing a great job in enticing fencesitters and casual fans back to the stadium. Cheaper concessions and the new family packages...family of 4 for just over $700.00 for 11 games!

Old Posted Jul 3, 2017, 3:28 AM

Good to get the season underway with a win in the inaugural game at New Mosaic. The venue looked good as well.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 1:59 PM

The Bombers announced that they're putting up a Cal Murphy statute outside Gate 3 at IGF... it will be unveiled this September.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/07/...s-group-field/

It's interesting that of the two people in Blue Bomber history to get the statue treatment, both are best known as coaches.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 2:42 PM

Looking forward to when the Bombers announce the Jeff Reinebold statue...

--

In terms of the season I think it will all heavily ride on this week's game. If the Bombers can take out the Stamps and not incur significant injuries we jump to first in the west and everyone other than Edmonton is chasing then. The season also gets a little easier for the team coming out of week two and they have a home stretch covering most of July.

The week 5 (July 21) road game to BC is the next big step for the Bombers as the Lions are the other team they play three times this season. Stealing a win at the single visit to BC place would give the Bombers the season series edge against both the Lions and Riders.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 2:49 PM

Need a Milt statue. IMO he's one of the reasons the Bombers still exist. Can you imagine going through this 25 year drought if we didn't have a guy like Milt to keep people watching, especially through several near-bankruptcies.

And agreed Cory, should be an interesting season. Although I wouldn't necessarily say playing at home is any advantage for us. Our record at IGF is abysmal. Damn is it nice to get the first win ever at New Mosaic though. Hopefully that means we've cursed it for them

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 2:49 PM

If the Bombers can steal one from Calgary this week, you will know that they are definitely FOR REAL. I can't say I'd put money on that outcome, though.

I was thinking about players who deserve statues and I don't know how Ken Ploen wouldn't be at the top of that list. Milt was clearly awesome but how do you immortalize a guy who (through absolutely zero fault of his own, but still) was never part of a championship team here?

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 2:53 PM

Don't think you can look at it through the lens of Championships. One player will never win a championship. The guy is the greatest receiver of all time, embraced and love this city, was and is a hugely active member of the community, and is still making great contributions to Canadian football and sport in general.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 6:36 PM

Some info from Transit on getting to the game via Stadium Station.

http://winnipegtransit.com/en/servic...omberfanfare/#

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 9:47 PM

In terms of a player deserving a statue -- Bob Cameron. He is a league wide legendary player. While retired from the game his influence is still being felt in Winnipeg and beyond. It isn't exactly by some random chance that a significant number of successful kickers in the CFL have come through Winnipeg. Cameron seems to not only have the connections to get leads on excellent young kickers but has been called in at times to work on specific issues with them too. As mainly a punter though his contributions are often easily overlooked as they didn't really put points on the board or directly stop them from being there.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan