HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 1:04 PM

It's incredible to me that none of you can even imagine wanting to save the building at 12th & Chancellor, or that no one is bothered by adding a new large curb cut on 12th.

Last edited by Justin7; Oct 20, 2020 at 1:18 PM.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 1:23 PM

What a joke. I happened to stumble across this story on the news last night, and there were a handful of people there to protest. It's amazing that they would spend a segment of the news on such a small group. It's also amazing how people think they should be allowed to control other people's property and their rights.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
It's incredible to me that none of you can even imagine wanting to save the building at 12th & Chancellor, or that no one is bothered by adding a new large curb cut on 12th.
I don't think anyone is saying that can't believe someone would want to save that building, but the REASON being put out there is suspect.

A curb cut or wanted to keep a community amenity like the 12th Street gym are both valid wants/concerns, but this is whining about a mural that can easily be moved is a stretch. Why does it NEED to be there? Couldn't it be moved to another building? Maybe name part of the street after her? There are plenty of alternatives.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 2:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I don't think anyone is saying that can't believe someone would want to save that building, but the REASON being put out there is suspect.

A curb cut or wanted to keep a community amenity like the 12th Street gym are both valid wants/concerns, but this is whining about a mural that can easily be moved is a stretch. Why does it NEED to be there? Couldn't it be moved to another building? Maybe name part of the street after her? There are plenty of alternatives.
It's crazy. It's also just selfish when you consider this is during a pandemic. This is a ton of construction jobs and a lot of new residents to support struggling bars/restaurants in the area. I love Philadelphia Murals but they're meant to cover ugly walls which means they are temporary.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 2:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
The 12th and chancellor building is nice, would be great if they could save it. The gym building I could care less. But either way a 400 foot high rise is a net positive for the city.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction