HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 18, 2021, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Are the jobs meaning salaries scaling to the home prices in CA? So would someone say starting out, a young folks, right out of college, how would they fair? Or say someone working 5 years for example, say mid career?

You'd probally have to have a husband and wife making like 120k each to afford some of those home prices.

Or a single guy making 120k a year.

Seems like it would be fine for folks in good sectors, but your blue collar worker or public worker must be in dire situations. I mean I get super commuters, but dam. Seems like hell if one isn't say mid career in a good sector or field or isn't in tech.

I use to bitch about NJ being expensive, but CA makes it seem like affordable housing, even with our 2.3-3.5% property taxes. Seems like a bargain, even the NYC metro in general.

My house in PA would be like 3 million in some of those areas, I have no doubt.
Quote:
San Francisco salaries jumped 7% last year, with the average tech worker pulling down $155,000 annually, followed closely by New York, where the average tech worker’s salary was $143,000 (up 8% from 2018); Seattle, where pay hit $142,000 (up 3%); and LA and Austin, where workers averaged $137,000. (In LA that represented an 8% bump from 2018; in Austin, it was 10%.)

In the U.S., project managers were paid the most, averaging $154,000. Software engineers were meanwhile paid on average $146,000; data scientists were paid $139,000; and designers were paid $134,000.
https://techcrunch.com/2020/06/23/a-...ees-go-remote/

As to the "husband and wife making like 120k each", they are called DINKs (double income, no kids) and they are common as dirt. Unsurprisingly in SF and suburbs, many are gay couples, married and not.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions