HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Nov 24, 2013, 8:21 PM
BANNED

Anyone know what happened to the Panet Road / Molson
Street Twinning Project that was supposed to start in the summer of 2013?

http://www.winnipeg.ca/publicworks/M...-April2013.pdf

Old Posted Nov 24, 2013, 8:55 PM

I emailed the city a while back. Supposed to be starting sewer works anytime now. Most road construction will be next summer. I noticed the city recently paved Concordia from Molson east towards the lag overpass. Seems odd since they are supposed to be ripping most of that up to realign the intersection.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2013, 7:06 PM

At the open house that section was called future construction because of the new pavement and not wanting to remove it, they were going to concentrate in the section between the tracks and just north of Concordia this year.

http://www.winnipeg.ca/publicworks/M...-April2013.pdf

Old Posted Nov 25, 2013, 9:39 PM

In the link you provided, I was referring to the little red "tail" piece going east along Concordia, up to the Shoppers Drug Mart entrance. I know they repaved Molson from Condordia north towards Grassie and will be leaving most of that as is. But this summer they repaved the other piece I'm talking about. Then next year they were supposed to completely rip it up and re-build.. Anyways, off topic a bit from Plessis.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2013, 6:13 PM

I couldn't believe it, but this morning with all the blowing snow going on, they were actually working at the site with more machinery than I saw in the last two months. Something must of put a bug up their ass. Maybe layoff notice.

I still chuckle when I see the Intersection closed signs that show December 2014 as the end of the closure.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2013, 9:06 PM

I'll put this here as this thread is the last time it was referenced. City of Winnipeg has put out the tender for the Concordia / Molson twinning.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2013, 9:46 PM

^Finally. Looks like they changed up the design slightly on Concordia westbound, west of Molson. Virtually the same as originally, just shifted south a bit for some reason and slightly longer.

I mentioned before about the paving the was completed this year on Concordia, east of Molson. Asphalt overlay. Looks like that will be getting ripped up next summer.. Wasted probably $500K on that.

Good to see that one finally going ahead.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2013, 4:25 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
^Finally. Looks like they changed up the design slightly on Concordia westbound, west of Molson. Virtually the same as originally, just shifted south a bit for some reason and slightly longer.

I mentioned before about the paving the was completed this year on Concordia, east of Molson. Asphalt overlay. Looks like that will be getting ripped up next summer.. Wasted probably $500K on that.

Good to see that one finally going ahead.
No word if they wisely decided to twin north on Molson to the street past Concorida (allows ambulances better access to the hospital)?

Old Posted Dec 17, 2013, 12:12 PM

No sir, the road starts to taper back to a two lane just before Kimberly.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2013, 2:09 PM

^ That was one change they said would be contemplated at the open house. It would only make sense to extend it that short distance since the ambulance uses it all the time. But yeah, didn't happen. Not the end of the world I guess.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2013, 3:01 PM

They're doing some watermain work in regards to the underpass project this week. Could cause brown water in the area.

Winnipeg residents warned of more brown water

http://metronews.ca/news/winnipeg/88...e-brown-water/

Old Posted Dec 20, 2013, 6:40 PM

Stopped in at Giant Tiger on London yesterday to pick up a couple things for a hamper and some folks were talking about brown water. Didn't notice any at home a couple blocks away.

I did notice on Grey at Munroe there was a city pick-up sitting there with water all over the road on Grey. Either a water main break or flushing the water mains from the underpass project. Either way, I dindt have any brown water at home literally two blocks away.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2013, 6:48 PM

Found this on the city website in regards to all the "improvements" that were made in the Rougeau area. Answers some of the questions about the sidewalk work that was done. Quote: "Realign Bournais Drive sidewalk at Rougeau Avenue to increase pedestrian visibility and safety." Massive speed bumps are now called speed tables.

http://winnipeg.ca/publicworks/Major...nityUpdate.pdf

edit: It's also funny they blame CN for the delays. C'monnnn. Get your agreements in place before you start projects!

Old Posted Dec 20, 2013, 6:58 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

even with agreements in place there may of been needing cn to do stuff on the ground befor they could do certan work such as move a fibor line or cables...

and or impliment a safty orentation for people working in and around said track to work permits on their property safty audits... ect

Old Posted Dec 21, 2013, 12:55 AM

Has anybody else noticed that the speed board South of the school, stopped working after a few weeks.

If Russ W. wants to save tax money he can take that one and the other 4 ones by schools that I know of, that don't work and send back to the supplier for a refund.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2013, 4:47 PM

^ Is it that they're not working or that you're not speeding? They only come one when someone is over the speed limit. I rarely see the one on Provencher on.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2013, 6:15 PM

Quote:
^ Is it that they're not working or that you're not speeding? They only come one when someone is over the speed limit. I rarely see the one on Provencher on.
A few times if there was no traffic I would go under the limit (40kmh) and it showed me going 40kmh. Maybe city signals have changed the settings to only be over the limit (or its dead)?

Old Posted Dec 21, 2013, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Stopped in at Giant Tiger on London yesterday to pick up a couple things for a hamper and some folks were talking about brown water. Didn't notice any at home a couple blocks away.

I did notice on Grey at Munroe there was a city pick-up sitting there with water all over the road on Grey. Either a water main break or flushing the water mains from the underpass project. Either way, I dindt have any brown water at home literally two blocks away.
There was a water main break at Grey and Munroe earlier this week so they were probably dealing with that.

I am by the Henderson Safeway and no brown water in this part of EK.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2013, 9:13 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

I think East Elmwood was the only place that was supposed to be affected.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2013, 6:03 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
I think East Elmwood was the only place that was supposed to be affected.
Hey HF Boards Winnipeg's very own Phil Robertson is back!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan