HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West

Old Posted Dec 27, 2007, 7:10 AM
Never Dell

ZGF doesn't need a vacant site to do their work. They're an architect, not a builder.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2007, 12:48 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

hmm... I was thinking the same thing too. I was getting confused at first.

So, any news on the progress of this tower?

Old Posted Dec 28, 2007, 4:19 AM

you knew what i meant, sorry if i'm not as smart as you. can you just answer the question

Old Posted Dec 28, 2007, 6:51 AM
Never Dell

Generally speaking, an intended start date is either in the papers or not. If it's not, then anyone who knows the answer has the ethical responsibility to keep their mouth shut.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2007, 7:13 AM

i'm not asking for an official start date, i'm just asking if we have to wait till 2009 for the new church to finish or if there's a way they can just go ahead.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2007, 5:47 PM
Bears of antiquity

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapug View Post
i'm not asking for an official start date, i'm just asking if we have to wait till 2009 for the new church to finish or if there's a way they can just go ahead.
Hypotheticals are useless.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2007, 7:59 AM

I think this may be the most interesting project in Seattle at the moment. The rumor is that Nitze-Stagen still needs to secure development rights from the Ranier Club. And while the project is in the unrestricted zone the max FAR is 20. Since they bough a 30K sqft parcel to get 760K sqft they need additional FAR.

I am also shocked at the parking ratio (.4) it seems odd given the durability investors see in parking, right now.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2007, 8:08 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Yeah, but they wouldn't be able to make a parking too deep since the Rainier Club and the sanctuary are way too close. I assume they would instead invest on another parking near the structure or on another Under Construction/Proposed tower.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2007, 4:27 PM

I didn't know Zimmer Gunsel and Frasca were involved with this. Didn't they do IDX Tower as well?

Anyway, since most of the Rainier Club's members are downtown business folks, I don't think they'd have a problem with allowing the developer / architect to build a little bit taller, do you? The Club's already surrounded by towers - they have no views, so what's one more? I just hope they take a few more risks and be more daring with this proposed tower - an OTT crown with fab lighting or some really weird color of glass (gold? pink?) to make it stand out among the conservative and ineffably boring giants in that immediate area.

Hopefully the AIA's slight "bitch-slap" last week will wake up these builders/developers/architects to take some risks, for god's sakes! Are you listening, ZGF????

Old Posted Dec 31, 2007, 6:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle206 View Post
I didn't know Zimmer Gunsel and Frasca were involved with this. Didn't they do IDX Tower as well?

Anyway, since most of the Rainier Club's members are downtown business folks, I don't think they'd have a problem with allowing the developer / architect to build a little bit taller, do you? The Club's already surrounded by towers - they have no views, so what's one more? I just hope they take a few more risks and be more daring with this proposed tower - an OTT crown with fab lighting or some really weird color of glass (gold? pink?) to make it stand out among the conservative and ineffably boring giants in that immediate area.

Hopefully the AIA's slight "bitch-slap" last week will wake up these builders/developers/architects to take some risks, for god's sakes! Are you listening, ZGF????
I agree, they should be able to secure the dev. rights from the Ranieer Club. The only sticking point is price. I have heard price rumors but will wait till it shakes out a little further, before I get ahead of myself and the situation. The incramental buildable space provided by the additional Raineer Club FAR could come at an enormous cost....

Oh, and I do not think many developers are concerned with the AIA. Developers face so much risk it does not make sense to build a "creative" building that potentailly polarizes tenants....thats my 2 cents.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2016, 2:51 PM

The Mark to Become Seattle's Newest Icon

Quote:
With an economy boosted by the tech industry, Seattle has been in the midst of an important building boom for the last ten years. As a result, several highrise office and residential towers are gradually adding a new density to the city's central neighbourhoods, while transforming its iconic skyline. Across the street from Seattle's tallest edifice, the 287-metre Columbia Center, Daniels Real Estate is developing a 201-metre mixed-used building known as The Mark on a site partially occupied by the former First Methodist Episcopal Church.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West