HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

Tour Centre-Ville in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Montreal Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Montreal Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Oct 21, 2009, 12:44 AM

MONTREAL | Tour Centre-Ville | 217M | 58 FLOORS | VISION

a multi use tower proposal for Montreal

Old Posted Oct 21, 2009, 1:38 PM
Chairman

Very slick. Where in Montreal will this beauty be located?

-sb

Old Posted Oct 21, 2009, 2:38 PM

will be near of caisse de dépot et placement du Québec and place jean-paul riopelle

Old Posted Oct 21, 2009, 4:13 PM
Look at me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakman View Post
Very slick. Where in Montreal will this beauty be located?
in the depths of our dying heart, that's where!

Old Posted Oct 21, 2009, 4:36 PM
The Vomit Bag.

details, details!
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Oct 21, 2009, 5:23 PM

Beautiful!

Old Posted Oct 21, 2009, 8:37 PM
Look at me!

The owner of the parking lot on which this project is supposed to be on has been and is still quite adamant that he will not sell his lot. Meanwhile, still in downtown, a 34 floor condo proposal was shut down because its too tall.

This project will never see the light of day.

Yeah I said it and you all know its true!

Old Posted Oct 22, 2009, 2:15 AM
The Vomit Bag.

I heard that it was the Tanya Kim Snaredrumface tower, financed by Bowel movement Ben Mulroney, and his dad, and that german schreiber dude.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Oct 22, 2009, 3:44 AM
Look at me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
I heard that it was the Tanya Kim Snaredrumface tower, financed by Bowel movement Ben Mulroney, and his dad, and that german schreiber dude.
you know what? Its entirely possible!

Old Posted Nov 3, 2009, 10:08 PM

This building would be built on the empty parking lot situated near the convention centre. It's next to Riopelle square, diagonally opposite from the recently completed Westin hotel.

Anyway... this thing has a snowball's chance in hell of getting built. The sad reality is that in Montreal at the moment, NIMBYs run rampant.

Like Rico said, we have trouble getting a 34 storey building (The MacKay) built in downtown, there's no way this would get built.

The secret to building anything in Montreal is to propose it 50% taller than it would be, then by the time the NIMBYs pick it to shreds, you end up with the desired height to begin with.

In other words, this tower here would have had to been an 80 floor supertall in order to get accepted at 58 storeys.

The MacKay would have required a 50+ floor proposal to "pass" at 30~ floors.

The protectionist NIMBY culture of some in this town is to fight for more modest everything.

Even 10 storey buildings have encountered NIMBY wrath and been lowered to 6 or 8 stories.

I love Montreal but it's time we quit this nonsense.

Oh well, one way or another the empty lots will eventually dry up.. sometime next decade. At that point, there will be no option left but to go up!

Old Posted Nov 3, 2009, 10:32 PM

Before blaming everything on the nimbys why aren't developers putting up towers on the massive lot between Guy-Lucien L'allier and Overdale there's enough empty space to put up 8-12 towers (I'm not exaggerating look at an aerial map) how about the lot in front of the bell centre.. enough space for two 50 story towers and how about the huge lot on Bleury and RL? again enough space for 2 or 3 towers and it goes on and on and on...I'm afraid the problem with Montreal is not the nimbys (although we have some seriously stupid people) it's lack of developers willin to risk large amounts of cash, the city's big time developers have left for Toronto and the west a long long time ago

Old Posted Nov 3, 2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaillant View Post
a multi use tower proposal for Montreal

Is it just me or there are three different buildings in this post?

Anyways, there's no way this gets built, Sad but true.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2009, 4:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.John View Post
Before blaming everything on the nimbys why aren't developers putting up towers on the massive lot between Guy-Lucien L'allier and Overdale there's enough empty space to put up 8-12 towers (I'm not exaggerating look at an aerial map) how about the lot in front of the bell centre.. enough space for two 50 story towers and how about the huge lot on Bleury and RL? again enough space for 2 or 3 towers and it goes on and on and on...I'm afraid the problem with Montreal is not the nimbys (although we have some seriously stupid people) it's lack of developers willin to risk large amounts of cash, the city's big time developers have left for Toronto and the west a long long time ago
mr.John, it's important to differentiate between the two issues you're discussing here:

One issue is the lack of construction projects, the slow economy and the unwillingness of developers to put forth new proposals.

The other issue is the opposition to construction projects -- once those projects are indeed proposed.

No one is suggesting that the lack of construction is NIMBY unrest. We're saying that NIMBY unrest is the reason why projects are limited in scope and size, and why projects that defy NIMBY's perceived "conventions" are fought tooth and nail.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2011, 11:30 PM
Look at me!

Not surprisingly, this proposal came as fast it went. Oh well

Old Posted Dec 22, 2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Rommheim View Post
Not surprisingly, this proposal came as fast it went. Oh well
It was more a vision than an actual proposal, unfortunately. However, the parking lot has been bought by the FTQ a couple months ago and they are planning a big project on it. We should have more details on this project in the next year I guess...I don't know. I think they said they were interested in a mixed project (residential/commercial).

Old Posted Dec 22, 2011, 12:45 AM
Look at me!

Thanks! So then it's obvious we won't see anything on that awful lot for at least 5 years.

And whatever happened to Le rippelle anyways? That lot is cursed!

Old Posted Dec 22, 2011, 1:12 AM

Here is the article talking about the sale:

link: http://www.lesaffaires.com/secteurs-...ontreal/531772

Hugo Joncas les affaires.com 08-06-2011

Le Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ vient de mettre la main sur un beau morceau au centre-ville de Montréal. Pour 15,1 millions de dollars, l’investisseur institutionnel acquiert un stationnement de 40 000 pieds carrés juste en face de la Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec et la place Jean-Paul-Riopelle, a appris LesAffaires.com.

Le zonage permet au Fonds de construire la hauteur maximale, c’est-à-dire 15 étages. Au-delà, une « surhauteur » est permise, à condition de réduire le volume. En principe, l’immeuble que construira le Fonds pourrait donc atteindre 35 ou 40 étages.
« Chaque lot du terrain n’a pas la même hauteur maximale », précise cependant Josée Lagacé, porte-parole du Fonds immobilier.

L’investisseur institutionnel fera bientôt réaliser des études de volumétrie pour décider comment il exploitera cette acquisition. Toutes les options sont ouvertes : notre idée n’est pas arrêtée. » La Ville de Montréal permet tous les usages à cet endroit : bureau, commerce de détail ou résidentiel.

Dans cet îlot, le Fonds détient déjà un petit immeuble occupant 10 000 pieds carrés. Il dispose donc désormais d’un terrain de 50 000 pieds carrés pour construire sa tour. « Ce sera un projet immobilier d’envergure dans le secteur, dit Josée Lagacé. On lui accorde une importance stratégique. »

Le vendeur est une compagnie à numéros contrôlée par la famille Besner, qui exploitait un stationnement Safeway à cet endroit. À 377 $ le pied carré, l’acquisition du Fonds se fait au prix du marché dans le secteur, dit Pierre Laliberté, évaluateur au Groupe Altus, à Montréal. « C’est un très beau terrain, dit-il. Il a longtemps été convoité, dans les années 1980, 90 », dit-il.

Les lots sont situés à la limite nord du Quartier international de Montréal, qui fait depuis quelques années l’objet d’un intense développement immobilier, dans le bureau comme dans le résidentiel.

« Jusqu’ici, nous étions plus présents en régions, souligne Josée Lagacé. Le Fonds immobilier veut maintenant augmenter sa présence dans la métropole, Nous travaillons avec les grands constructeurs pour concevoir des projets. »

Dans le Sud-Ouest de Montréal, le Fonds investit notamment dans le projet de copropriétés Lowney’s de Prével et dans le développement du quartier Griffintown, avec Devimco. Il a aussi mis la main sur l’immeuble d’Ogilvy avec la Corporation financière Champlain et la famille Beaudoin.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2011, 1:20 AM

More details in this article (in french again):

http://lapresseaffaires.cyberpresse....a-montreal.php

Old Posted Mar 5, 2013, 12:09 AM
Look at me!

It seems like this site has a new proposal:

Merci a Monctezuma a mtlurb pour le scoop!

Tiré de la brochure disponible là :

http://montrealinvestissementgaranti...?id=17&lang=fr

CENTRE DE COMMERCE

ADRESSE

Angle des rues Viger et De Bleury
Montréal, Québec, Canada

DESCRIPTION

Projet à l’étude de nature commerciale au
coeur du quartier international de Montréal.
Le projet prévoit un immeuble d’une superficie de
60 935 mètres carrés regroupant des propriétaires
o‡rant une vitrine commerciale de même que des
salles d’exposition et de conférences.

CERTIFICATION LEED® VISÉE

PARTENAIRE

Le Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ est l’unique
propriétaire de ce site stratégiquement localisé et
totalisant 4 645 mètres carrés.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2013, 4:13 AM
digital b0y

Please bring back the first proposal asap !!

a political policy characterized by inertia and antipathy to change

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects