HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Suburbs

Old Posted Feb 22, 2014, 3:49 AM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

There's some major escalator work going on:

Feb 20, 2014. Photo by me.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2014, 4:49 AM
Awesome!

Are they also (or planning on) replacing (or at least doing major fixes) to the giant one that was known for breaking down a lot especially during the Holiday period? This sounds to be only beside the Guest Services desk from 1st to 2nd
"However, the Leafs have not won the Cup since 1967, giving them the longest-active Cup drought in the NHL, and thus are the only Original Six team that has not won the Cup since the 1967 NHL expansion." Favorite phrase on the Toronto Maple Leafs Wikipedia page.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2014, 3:14 AM

Is there any notable (new) retailer opening up shop in Bayshore guys? I know Victoria's Secret, H&M and Zara are already open. Target is next but I can't think of any other well-known stores coming here.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2014, 4:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canabiz View Post
Is there any notable (new) retailer opening up shop in Bayshore guys? I know Victoria's Secret, H&M and Zara are already open. Target is next but I can't think of any other well-known stores coming here.
Express just opened (a few days ago I believe).

Old Posted Apr 19, 2014, 5:49 AM

If the blueprints are to believed PF Changs will be opening in the revamped former foodcourt area.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2014, 3:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613 View Post
If the blueprints are to believed PF Changs will be opening in the revamped former foodcourt area.
Unfortunately, the link to the blueprint is no longer available

But, given that a few stores listed in gjhall's subsequent post (see below) have been realized (Express, Express Men, Zara, Geox, Brown's Shoes), you're probably correct about PF Chang's. Plus, there was mention of a Canadian expansion some time ago. Either way, this mall's getting the goods!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhall View Post
Ok, I squinted and zoomed and here is what I gleaned from those fuzzy leasing plans of stores coming:

White House Black Market
Zara
Justice
Lego
Disney
J Crew
Bootlegger
Journey's
Scotch and Soda
Steve Madden
Express Men
Johnston and Murphy
Coach
Lululemon
Browns Shoes
Miss Sixty
Skechers
Express
Geox

Old Posted May 22, 2014, 9:10 PM

That's a great list of new stores! Really looking forward to having a Lego Store in Ottawa! Hopefully it will be confirmed very soon.

Old Posted May 26, 2014, 11:48 PM

Looks like Zumies is coming to Bayshore now, according to this job posting.

Quote:
Zumiez, the leader in action sports retail, is continuing its expansion in Canada during 2014. We are currently seeking a Store Managers and Assistant Managers to add to our growing team.
Quote:
Zumiez is a leading specialty retailer of action sports related apparel, footwear, accessories and hardgoods, focusing on skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing, motocross and BMX for young men and women.

Old Posted May 27, 2014, 2:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citydwlr View Post
Looks like Zumies is coming to Bayshore now, according to this job posting.
Nice addition. We shopped there in Florida recently and were pleased with the good selection of clothes... prices were good as well, but I expect those to correct themselves in our market.

Old Posted May 29, 2014, 3:54 AM

The second phase of the parking garage is coming along this week

Old Posted May 29, 2014, 5:51 PM

Looks like the Face Shop is open as of this morning as per the mall's Facebook page.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2014, 1:44 AM

Do we know when Phase 2 will be completed? It says on the mall website that there will be more new retailers opening this fall, is that when it's supposed to be completed? And when can we expect to get an official announcement on these new retailers?

Old Posted Jun 10, 2014, 9:42 PM

Curious as to why they only put glass up on some parts of the parking deck and not all of it.

Decorative feature?

Old Posted Jun 14, 2014, 10:58 PM

Looks like Justice is officially confirmed, according to these job postings:

http://www.bayshoreshoppingcentre.co...bs/details/354

Old Posted Jul 5, 2014, 5:45 PM

Saw a sign at Bayshore that says the new food court opens in August. Right now the food court sets the mall back so I can't wait to see the new one.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2014, 5:58 PM

Is it just me, or does the new red paneling make Bayshore look like a giant Target store?

How does the new food court compare to Rideau's new dinning hall in terms of size, seating and food vendors. I checked online, but can't seem to find detailed stats like Rideau's.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2014, 10:27 PM

On the jobs page on the mall website, it mentions that the new Sports Experts will be opening in the new expansion section next month. Does that mean the current one on the first level will remain? Or will it close and have its space taken over by a new retailer coming to Bayshore as part of the expansion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
Is it just me, or does the new red paneling make Bayshore look like a giant Target store?

How does the new food court compare to Rideau's new dinning hall in terms of size, seating and food vendors. I checked online, but can't seem to find detailed stats like Rideau's.
I think they will be announcing those details very soon along with the new retailers that are coming, as we're just a month away from the opening of the expansion.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2014, 4:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa89 View Post
On the jobs page on the mall website, it mentions that the new Sports Experts will be opening in the new expansion section next month. Does that mean the current one on the first level will remain? Or will it close and have its space taken over by a new retailer coming to Bayshore as part of the expansion?

I think they will be announcing those details very soon along with the new retailers that are coming, as we're just a month away from the opening of the expansion.
I assume the Sports Experts on the first floor is temporary and will be replaced by another retailer. It looks terrible (and temporary).

Old Posted Jul 6, 2014, 1:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbottawa View Post
I assume the Sports Experts on the first floor is temporary and will be replaced by another retailer. It looks terrible (and temporary).
Yes it is temporary; I am pretty sure SE will be one of the tenants in the new yet to be opened area. They have a sign that says their new space is opening in August 2014 - so next month.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2014, 12:50 AM

Stopped by the mall on my way home from work today and took a couple photos of the expansion. Looks like it's nearing completion!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Suburbs