HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

Old Posted Feb 8, 2011, 7:45 PM

Indianapolis | World Trade Center | 1 million SQFT / ??? M | 71 FLOORS | NEVER BUILT

Anyone have any more information or concept art on this building or why it wasn't built? General thoughts? I can't believe they snubbed this because city officials didn't want it casting a shadow on the capitol building. Thats another thing I can't stand about this city, too conservative. Previous Hoosiers would have loved this because it shows progress and growth. Do we want our skyline to look the same 100 years from now because officials don't want any shadows over Chase Tower? Jesus Christ.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2011, 9:32 PM
Because I'm Clever!

Looks like a Helmut Jahn.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2011, 10:05 PM
I Couldn't Tell Anyone

Indeed. I'd say "Liberty Place clone" if Liberty Place itself was not a clone.

I can understand that shadow aspect for the tower's problems but why wouldn't the developer have simply shortened the thing. Were there no good locations to the north?

Old Posted Mar 8, 2011, 3:18 AM

Perhaps there's more to the story than the shadow. The Star article did say "in part", not "because". And I wouldn't chalk that up to conservatism; it's also good planning.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2011, 6:05 PM

Indianapolis World Trade Center

I understand that a artist conception of the building was in the Indianapolis Star, does anyone know the date. Only thing I can find is the Indpls Business Journal Spring of 1990.

Jean

Old Posted Jan 6, 2014, 8:07 PM

This design is similar to other skyscrapers of that era, but wished it had been built. It would've been a great addition to the city & skyline. Indianapolis is a thriving up-n-coming metropolis in the midwest.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects