HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jul 14, 2016, 1:34 AM

Devon & Blakely to open at Baum Building

http://www.philly.com/philly/busines..._Building.html

Old Posted Jul 14, 2016, 1:35 AM
Me?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Scale View Post
Can you guess where this years Diner en Blanc Philadelphia (Aug. 18) will be, based on these 4 clues?

1. Site will accommodate record 5,000 diners plus tables and chairs.

2. This is the 5th anniversary of Diner en Blanc Philadelphia, and this year's event will have a connection to the originators, France, as did the first location, Logan Square on Philadelphia's Champs-Elysees.

3. Site has never been used before for Diner en Blanc Philadelphia.

4. No one (who speaks with the planning committee) has guessed the correct location YET.

Keep in mind: location must be in Philadelphia. Previous locations were Logan Square, JFK Blvd @ 30th street, South Broad, and Navy Yard. Think outside the box on this one, the location is quite clever. Be specific (for example, "out front of Memorial Hall" is a proper guess, not "Fairmount Park.") Remember NO ONE HAS GUESSED IT YET! (Most telling clue)
Kensington and Allegheny

Old Posted Jul 14, 2016, 2:01 AM

Quote:
Can you guess where this years Diner en Blanc Philadelphia (Aug. 18) will be, based on these 4 clues?

2. This is the 5th anniversary of Diner en Blanc Philadelphia, and this year's event will have a connection to the originators, France, as did the first location, Logan Square on Philadelphia's Champs-Elysees.

4. No one (who speaks with the planning committee) has guessed the correct location YET.

Keep in mind: location must be in Philadelphia. Previous locations were Logan Square, JFK Blvd @ 30th street, South Broad, and Navy Yard. Think outside the box on this one, the location is quite clever. Be specific (for example, "out front of Memorial Hall" is a proper guess, not "Fairmount Park.") Remember NO ONE HAS GUESSED IT YET! (Most telling clue)
Perhaps on a bridge designed by Frenchman Paul Phillipe Cret?

Old Posted Jul 14, 2016, 2:26 AM

Quote:

Franklin Court, given Benjamin Franklin's role as ambassador to France during the Revolution?

Old Posted Jul 14, 2016, 2:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by volguus zildrohar View Post
15th & Clearfield.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2016, 10:13 AM
More of that.

T.f.a.p.g.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teakwood View Post
Perhaps on a bridge designed by Frenchman Paul Phillipe Cret?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aro1419 View Post
Franklin Court, given Benjamin Franklin's role as ambassador to France during the Revolution?
Anything related to Ben would work, and the bridge doubly so. It obviously has enough space, but would they really shut it down for this?

Old Posted Jul 14, 2016, 12:56 PM
More of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
Anything related to Ben would work, and the bridge doubly so. It obviously has enough space, but would they really shut it down for this?
No. They wouldn't. And it's already been guessed.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2016, 1:01 PM

Quote:
No. They wouldn't. And it's already been guessed.
Fine, I change my pick to the parking lot of Franklin Mills (yes, I know it is "Philadelphia Mills" now)

Old Posted Jul 14, 2016, 3:41 PM

Quote:

Girard College Founder's Hall, Ben Franklin Bridge, Wissahickon Memorial Bridge, Waterworks, Free Library Central Branch Rooftop, Eastern State Penitentiary.

Those guesses aside, I feel like the answer is something like the S.S. United States (although I know of no connection to France).

Old Posted Jul 14, 2016, 3:56 PM
More of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domodeez View Post
Girard College Founder's Hall, Ben Franklin Bridge, Wissahickon Memorial Bridge, Waterworks, Free Library Central Branch Rooftop, Eastern State Penitentiary.

Those guesses aside, I feel like the answer is something like the S.S. United States (although I know of no connection to France).
It's one of those things where you're gonna be like whaaaaa then ohhhhh then huh! Then hmm. Then hahaha.

I'm not going to say because I don't want to ruin such a clever suprise, but let's just say no one will guess it. Because it's unguessable. It's unfathomable. Until you're there, you wouldn't believe that anyone would want to dine there. I bet some of you have been there because of the nature of this forum's person-type. My dad took me there when I was a kid.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2016, 4:11 PM

Quote:
It's one of those things where you're gonna be like whaaaaa then ohhhhh then huh! Then hmm. Then hahaha.

I'm not going to say because I don't want to ruin such a clever suprise, but let's just say no one will guess it. Because it's unguessable. It's unfathomable. Until you're there, you wouldn't believe that anyone would want to dine there. I bet some of you have been there because of the nature of this forum's person-type. My dad took me there when I was a kid.
Somewhere in Laurel Hill Cemetery.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2016, 4:18 PM

Backside of the Collins Philly Apartments in Midtown Village :

By my estimate, the drywall will not fit in that opening. I didn't stick around to see if I was right.

The Target Express opens in 10 days. They were chalking the parking lot as I walked by (don't you just love new surface parking lots in Midtown Village? ) but spared you all the photos of that.

Last edited by thisisforreal; Jul 14, 2016 at 6:57 PM. Reason: Adding URL for Target Express

Old Posted Jul 14, 2016, 4:21 PM

Quote:

Or Fort Mifflin.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2016, 4:37 PM

Quote:

The abandoned Franklin Square subway station.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2016, 5:43 PM
More of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisforreal View Post
By my estimate, the drywall will not fit in that opening. I didn't stick around to see if I was right.

The Target Express opens in 10 days. They were chalking the parking lot as I walked by (don't you just love new surface parking lots in Midtown Village?) but spared you all the photos of that.
Please do not use the term 'Midtown Village.' It is a contrived name developed by business owners who wanted to create an identity for themselves outside of the Gayborhood. It in no way reflects, or took into consideration, the will of its residents. Worst of all it sounds like a NYC-wannabe mashup.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2016, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Please do not use the term 'Midtown Village.'
I failed to convey my sarcasm when using it. I agree 100% with what you said. I added some emojis.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2016, 7:06 PM

I was driving by the Lowes on Colombus Blvd and the former Champps Americana is being remodeled it looks like. Does anybody know what is going to be taking the spot?

Old Posted Jul 14, 2016, 8:01 PM
Arch. Engineer+Developer

......Midtown Village

and the Diner Blanc thing. That will be at 90th & Bartram.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2016, 8:47 PM
More of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisforreal View Post
I failed to convey my sarcasm when using it. I agree 100% with what you said. I added some emojis.
Oh whew

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development