HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted May 25, 2017, 12:15 PM

I saw them delivering what looked like the white facing today on the way to work. Hope to see some soon on the structure.

Old Posted May 25, 2017, 4:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmadsen View Post
I saw them delivering what looked like the white facing today on the way to work. Hope to see some soon on the structure.
Great! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Old Posted May 29, 2017, 10:13 PM

On the 18th floor

Old Posted May 30, 2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
On the 18th floor

I'm digging the coupled floors! So glad the BoA building on 3rd was already vastly improved before this project got going. That corner is going to be soooooo much better than it was.

The Lutheran's need to get *something* going on 4th Street -- I haven't even heard a rumor of a rumor this building cycle

Old Posted Jun 1, 2017, 12:24 AM
RGA

Not a bad view!

This is a duplicate post. It would be great if the moderator could delete it; we cannot find how to do it...

Last edited by RGA; Jun 2, 2017 at 11:54 PM.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2017, 12:26 AM
RGA

Not a bad view...

Old Posted Jun 1, 2017, 12:44 AM

Awesome share, RGA!

Old Posted Jun 2, 2017, 11:49 PM
RGA

Thanks!

Thanks for the always positive comments in this site. It means a lot to us. We are co-architects of record for this tower. It was designed by ODA in NYC, and we, with MSTSD detailing the exterior, used our expertise to make the design constructible. We, RGA, are the designers and architects of Cyan, and of Azure on the Park.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2017, 12:14 AM
RGA

rendering deleted

Some idea of what it will be like when done...

Last edited by RGA; Jun 28, 2017 at 1:07 AM. Reason: owner requested deletion of rendering from site

Old Posted Jun 3, 2017, 12:45 AM

Holy crap. Can't wait!

Old Posted Jun 3, 2017, 1:29 AM
RGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
This project is looking to be a lot taller than I anticipated.
24 stories, pool on 23.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2017, 1:29 AM

Impressive

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2017, 3:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGA View Post
24 stories, pool on 23.
Wow. Nice touch with the rooftop pool! Wish more developments put the roof on top instead of ground floor or on a parking garage, which limit the appeal of use. Looking forward to the final product of lilli and seeing how it compares in the skyline. Aesthetically it will obviously stick out in the best of ways for Peachtree. I'm curious how tall it will be in comparison to nearby condos.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the always positive comments in this site. It means a lot to us. We are co-architects of record for this tower. It was designed by ODA in NYC, and we, with MSTSD detailing the exterior, used our expertise to make the design constructible. We, RGA, are the designers and architects of Cyan, and of Azure on the Park.
Thanks for stopping in and providing some info and more visuals! Many of us are really excited about this project. We really appreciate the way you've left the sidewalk open during construction. I have a few questions if you don't mind asking:

1. It looks like you guys are using post tension slabs so that you can fit more floors into the height. However, we noticed that y'all inserted structural support armatures between the floors as you built up and then moved them up to the the next floor after the concrete cured. Could you describe this process? What are it's benefits?

2. Could you confirm that you'll be facing the building with a white metal? Some of us had mini hear attacks when we saw what we thought was "stucco" on the facade.

3. What led to the switch from white glass in previous renderings to the current black glass?

4. Any ideas how quickly this may be converted to condos? It seems like its more of that type of development.

5. Do you have any elevation drawings you'd be comfortable sharing? If so, I'd love to use it as reference to make an illustration for our diagram page.

Would love to hear back from you! If you don't feel comfortable answering (#4) that's cool. I'm just excited about the building.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2017, 8:42 PM

Nice! Thanks for sharing those renderings.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2017, 1:44 PM
RGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmadsen View Post
Thanks for stopping in and providing some info and more visuals! Many of us are really excited about this project. We really appreciate the way you've left the sidewalk open during construction. I have a few questions if you don't mind asking:

1. It looks like you guys are using post tension slabs so that you can fit more floors into the height. However, we noticed that y'all inserted structural support armatures between the floors as you built up and then moved them up to the the next floor after the concrete cured. Could you describe this process? What are it's benefits? - The question is really a Means and Methods of Construction question better addressed by the Contractor actually building the structure, Brasfield and Gorrie in this case. I believe you are seeing "flying forms"; a way to quickly form repeating floors by reusing the same form and "flying it" with cranes from floor to floor. It saves building formwork time, and time is money.

2. Could you confirm that you'll be facing the building with a white metal? Some of us had mini hear attacks when we saw what we thought was "stucco" on the facade. The building will be clad in metal. What you see is waterproofing.

3. What led to the switch from white glass in previous renderings to the current black glass? It is only a rendering device. The glass has not changed and you can see it now.

4. Any ideas how quickly this may be converted to condos? It seems like its more of that type of development. Don't know/don't want anything to do with it. Condo conversions are difficult and fraught with dangers: this building is designed for rental, not for condominium ownership.

5. Do you have any elevation drawings you'd be comfortable sharing? If so, I'd love to use it as reference to make an illustration for our diagram page. Not handy, at home. Will check to see.

Would love to hear back from you! If you don't feel comfortable answering (#4) that's cool. I'm just excited about the building.
Thanks! Again, to make sure credit goes where it deserves: ODA, out of NYC, is the "design architect". MSTSD and RGA, jointly, are "architects of record", that is, the construction documents (and all the design revisions to make ODA's design constructible, including large revisions to the design) were prepared by us jointly, and sealed/permitted under our names.

RGA

Old Posted Jun 4, 2017, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Thanks! Again, to make sure credit goes where it deserves: ODA, out of NYC, is the "design architect". MSTSD and RGA, jointly, are "architects of record", that is, the construction documents (and all the design revisions to make ODA's design constructible, including large revisions to the design) were prepared by us jointly, and sealed/permitted under our names.

RGA
Thanks for all the info! Really appreciate you jumping on here!

Old Posted Jun 9, 2017, 1:53 PM

Old Posted Jun 9, 2017, 5:07 PM

I noticed the other day lilli is viewable heading westbound on Virginia to Monroe. Will be a nice addition to the skyline from that side of town.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2017, 1:43 AM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta