HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy

Old Posted May 28, 2019, 3:07 PM
That's what she said

More crime in the suburbs. This time in Kincora, as yesterday's house fire that killed a girl, now looks like a homicide.

https://calgarysun.com/news/crime/de...ed-for-divorce

Old Posted Jun 1, 2019, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Grizzly View Post
Wow, one of the rare occasions a crime happens in the suburbs.
One only needs to go through previous pages of this thread to see that most of the crime is in the core.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2019, 7:45 PM
Moran supreme

Dunno, the last eight homicides were all in suburban areas.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2019, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedog View Post
Dunno, the last eight homicides were all in suburban areas.
Dunno is right. Try going by yearly stats instead of looking at the last few new articles. The core has a much higher crime rate. Just because the last group of homicides were in the suburbs, statistically speaking, crime is higher in the downtown and Beltline.

While we're on the topic of Beltline crime,

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/crime-rep...ased-1.4442301

Old Posted Aug 5, 2020, 1:45 PM

One thing I've noticed when it comes to crime in this city is that a lot of it happens in the north east, I was punched in the Franklin LRT station and a man followed me to my car when I was parked at Whitehorn.

However I haven't had problems like this in the rest of the city, even downtown has been pleasant.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2020, 7:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika_ View Post
One thing I've noticed when it comes to crime in this city is that a lot of it happens in the north east, I was punched in the Franklin LRT station and a man followed me to my car when I was parked at Whitehorn.

However I haven't had problems like this in the rest of the city, even downtown has been pleasant.
The NE is a ghetto.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2020, 5:36 PM
BANNED

Police investigate three potentially hate-motivated incidents against LGBTQ Calgarians

https://calgaryherald.com/news/crime...btq-calgarians
Quote:
  • One was an alleged attack on a man near the intersection of 17th Avenue and 12th Street S.W. around midday on July 31. It is alleged a group of men attacked the victim while using homophobic slurs.
  • Another incident on Saturday saw a drag king spat on by a man walking past. The incident happened around 1 p.m. on the rainbow crosswalk at Centre Street and Stephen Avenue Walk S.W.
  • In a third incident, a same-sex couple walking near the intersection of 9th Street and Memorial Drive N.W. around 5:30 p.m. on Monday was assaulted by two men on scooters. The men used rocks, a belt and a recycling bin as weapons.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy