HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Northeast

Old Posted Jul 26, 2015, 2:14 PM
BANNED

New York: Most likely sites for next supertall residentials!

Apart from the sites that we already know about, such as the Baptist Chyrch on 57th, 1710 Briadway, the Subway Inn site, 8O South St., 360 1Oth, etc., where do you think that NY's next super tall condos will rise? The following sites are likely in my opinion:

1. 4O CPS. This is a market rate rental that extends to 58th St. If Witkoff does not include it in the Oark Lane site, I envision something amazing rising here.

2. The Ziegfeld theatre site. This theatre bleeds money and the site is prime!

3. The Directors Guild on 57th will be redeveloped. If it included the contiguous Le Meridian Hotel, a 196Os eyesore on 56th....

Old Posted Jul 26, 2015, 2:40 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

I'd like to see Church Street redevelop some more. Lots Of potential. 158-172 Church Street looks like a good location.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7153...2!8i6656?hl=en

Getting rid of those crappy stores would be nice.

In terms of condos, anywhere West of MSG is prime land for condos/residential. I'd like to see more rise in that area as opposed to Midtown North. It would be good for aesthetics as it would make the skyline mass even bulkier.

Anything bordering the West Side Highway would be nice. With views of NJ, and the Hudson, its a desirable area.

In essence, I'd like to see a height increase between Midtown and Lower Manhattan. While those neighborhoods are traditionally a mix of low/mid rises, a little more height would be nice as it would bridge both skyline clusters into one.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2015, 3:41 PM
BANNED

The stores in that block definitely will be upgraded, but I doubt that building will come down. It's actually quite nice if it's cleaned up. Also, the adjacent buildings to the east are beautiful.

The whole block just both if 3O Park Place will be razed.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2015, 3:52 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

hudson spire all da wayy bay bee!

http://m.ny.curbed.com/archives/2014...lest_tower.php

Old Posted Aug 3, 2015, 7:31 PM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

The Ziegfeld Theater site should also be able to transfer a bunch of air rights from the Bergdorf Goodman store, and from the Paris Theater too. If the developer kicked some extra support to the Paris theater (or even reconstituted the Ziegfeld Theater) they could get the theater air right bonus. Do all that and a skinny 1400'er is very possible. Cantilever over the Paris Theater and/or the BG store to get better park views from behind the Solow building, which thanks to the Plaza Hotel and Grand Army Plaza are pretty much guaranteed forever.

I also can't shake the idea of a nice 88 floor tower at 888 8th Ave to woo asian buyers, since 8 is considered lucky for them. I fear it's probably too late to integrate this project with the Roseland redevelopment though.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Northeast