HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:11 PM

Please stop

We get it you guys don’t really care about what the other thinks. Please stop. This petty bickering reminds me of when I used to manage a focus-group message board for a large retailer. Drama drama drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
I don't understand the question? My not caring doesn't mean I still won't debate the merits of a post. I just don't care if people call me ridiculous for my opinions, which I admit are probably the minority a lot of the time and frankly, if I made a ridiculous point, I kind of expect to be called ridiculous.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
I don't understand the question? My not caring doesn't mean I still won't debate the merits of a post. I just don't care if people call me ridiculous for my opinions, which I admit are probably the minority a lot of the time and frankly, if I made a ridiculous point, I kind of expect to be called ridiculous.
It’s not a question. It’s pointing out that you really do care because you continued to gripe about what’s a valid opinion compared to yours. You definitely come across as one of the most pretentious people on this forum.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waimea View Post
It’s not a question. It’s pointing out that you really do care because you continued to gripe about what’s a valid opinion compared to yours. You definitely come across as one of the most pretentious people on this forum.
Please no personal attacks of character. Comrade has contributed substantially to this forum over many years and deserves a bit more respect than this. I appreciate all tastes and like to hear them, and I'm sure Comrade does as well (I'm pretty sure he said as much). As do you too. So I think we've all good.

Because I respect all tastes, I also respect our architectural history, as the many designs among our building stock were the tastes of the architects and developers at the times these buildings went up. Cities are like history museums and it's visually interesting to see so many different styles from the different time periods. I wish there were a little more respect for the old, and I hope the new will enhance and compliment what's come before rather than replace it. That said, I'm not usually too concerned about losing some 1 story buildings, especially on corners (besides zion's bank). For example, I'm more concerned about loosing tavernacle as an establishment than i am about losing the brick and mortar building, especially when it's being replaced with something so substantial.

Last edited by Old&New; Today at 12:05 AM.

Old Posted Today, 2:47 AM

'942 Wash.' project - Residential Demolition (3 houses) 942 - 958 Washington Street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Amazing View Post
Residential demolition permits have been filed for two single family houses in the Central Ninth district.
942 Washington Street
https://citizenportal.slcgov.com/Cit...howInspection=

and 950 Washington Street.

Both with the description: "Residential home to be demolished to replace with an apartment building."

The project is listed as '942 Wash' which I haven't heard of (likely just a temporary name).

This would make it the sixth active housing project along this single block of Washington Street.

The other projects include:
Under Construction
Washington St. Condos
TAG 945
TAG Fayette

Planned
The Slate
TAG 962

and now '942 Wash.'

This block-long stretch of Washington Street has also seen the recent completion of several other projects as well, including the 'Central Ninth Place' townhouses and the 'Washington Street Townhomes' projects. This leaves only a couple single family houses left on this stretch of the street.

I wonder if we will see actual plans for the project relatively soon or not?
It looks like a third house will also be demolished as part of the '942 Wash.' project.

958 Washington Street

Here is what the site (in purple) looks like:

This makes me think this will be a relatively large project for the area.

Old Posted Today, 5:37 PM
Space Magi

95 State glass appreciation post (my picture, from a week ago)

Look at that reflection

State Street is quickly becoming our second urban canyon. Bring on Kensington!

Old Posted Today, 7:32 PM

The glass looks great! Does the City have any plans to do anything with State Street to become more pedestrian friendly?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West