HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Oct 29, 2014, 3:34 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

How much where the tickets for the original WTC observation deck? I know inflation and price changes have occurred, but I'm curious how it stacks up against the $32.

I guess considering the ESB is $29, its really not that pricey for the deck.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2014, 3:58 PM

The Shard in London costs £32.95 for an adult, which converts today at $53.10 - so I'd say $32 to go up One World Trade is a bargain!

Old Posted Oct 29, 2014, 4:03 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Something I'd gladly pay. Sad part is that I never actually went on the original deck. I was in 5th grade when the towers went down. So for me, this is a completely new experience to be honest. Sad because my only memory of them was seeing them come down. First time I went into the city I was I believe in 8th grade. NYC was a late experience for me, and my only recollection of the towers was from images and videos of that day.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2014, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weidncol View Post
Taxis, buses, delivery vehicles, residents and tenants can enroll in what's called TAP (Trusted Access Program) where you are gained access and can bypass the screening upon showing the credentials.

Cyclists and pedestrians can use the streets freely.
What's to prevent terrorists from hijacking one of those TAP enrolled vehicles and get through the security that way?

Old Posted Oct 29, 2014, 6:54 PM

Is there now freee movement over the entire site? is the memorial intergrated with the street now?

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Oct 29, 2014, 8:52 PM

Construction over?

I'm still very new when it comes to understanding how threads work on this form. So when do these "construction" threads actually end? Will I be able to see all these posts for the past 7 years once the building opens? One World Trade Center is basically finished so where does this conversation go?

Old Posted Oct 29, 2014, 10:00 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit1995 View Post
I'm still very new when it comes to understanding how threads work on this form. So when do these "construction" threads actually end? Will I be able to see all these posts for the past 7 years once the building opens? One World Trade Center is basically finished so where does this conversation go?
In the "Completed Project Threads Archive".

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=348

Old Posted Oct 29, 2014, 10:01 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit1995 View Post
"Basically" finished is not the same as finished. I don't want to open a thread in the buidings & architecture forum and see photos of a bulding that's not completed.

This thread will be laid to rest with all of the completed projects in this section of the forum...
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=348

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscrapersOfNewYork View Post
Is there now freee movement over the entire site? is the memorial intergrated with the street now?
The memorial is accessible from the northwest and southeast portions of the site. There is a fence on Greenwich. I'm assuming the fence will come down on the north end when the Freedom Tower opens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
$32 ain't cheap. Maybe when other observatories (30 HY, 1 Vanderbilt) open, prices will begin to drop.
I don't know, these things tend to go up, not down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
How much where the tickets for the original WTC observation deck? I know inflation and price changes have occurred, but I'm curious how it stacks up against the $32.

I guess considering the ESB is $29, its really not that pricey for the deck.

People will pay it. There will be discount options, like those tourism packages people get for under a hundred bucks that offer access to more places than you can actually visit.

I don't even remember how much it cost to go up to the original deck. I used to keep stubs for those sorts of things, but if I have one it's stacked away somewhere.

For a comparison, here's a scan of a brochure from the original...

Video Link

Video Link

The new

Video Link

Some of the competition...

We now need a video for 30 Hudson's deck. The deck at 1 Vanderbilt probably hasn't been designed.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2014, 11:35 PM

finished

thanks for clearing that up!

Old Posted Oct 30, 2014, 11:49 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2014, 5:42 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Some Renderings:

==========================
http://www.rew-online.com/2014/10/28...d-observatory/

Old Posted Oct 30, 2014, 6:18 PM

Wow, those are some beautiful shots! Those observation floors are going to be awesome.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2014, 7:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Something I'd gladly pay. Sad part is that I never actually went on the original deck. I was in 5th grade when the towers went down. So for me, this is a completely new experience to be honest. Sad because my only memory of them was seeing them come down. First time I went into the city I was I believe in 8th grade. NYC was a late experience for me, and my only recollection of the towers was from images and videos of that day.
Our experiences are almost identical.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2014, 9:02 PM
don't *meddle*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
Our experiences are almost identical.
Younglings! I was in 7th grade. Unfortunately I never visited New York when I was a kid. So the new observation deck will certainly provide a new experience.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2014, 11:06 PM

Wonderful pics of downtown NYC and the observatory

Old Posted Oct 31, 2014, 5:39 AM
Illustrator

by @vinfarrell [IMG][/IMG]
http://instagram.com/nyonair

Old Posted Oct 31, 2014, 4:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
Younglings! I was in 7th grade. Unfortunately I never visited New York when I was a kid. So the new observation deck will certainly provide a new experience.
Yes, we visited New York City for 3 times, but I actually went to JFK to visit my old manager. He usually work for Commissary Manager before, but he accept promoted work for Assistant General Manager at JFK branch. He was transferred to JFK. He used work at Delta terminal 2/3 before, but he just left recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMont View Post
Wow, those are some beautiful shots! Those observation floors are going to be awesome.
I agree as well. Can't wait to be done soon. Looking forward to it.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2014, 9:19 PM

Is the spire gonna be lit up for Halloween tonight?

The ESB is gonna be putting on its annual light show and it would be a real shame if 1 WTC doesn't.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2014, 9:30 PM

I was on the rooftop of the original, three times. Once in 1992, and twice in '98. The last time was the day after the Yankees won the '98 World Series, and at night-time. That was the most awesome experience, being up there until midnight. Now with the $32 dollar ticket for this new one, it is all the more reason to expect it to be something spectacular. Needless to say, no outdoor rooftop, but there should be something else, so unexpectedly spectacular, that it should blow anyone's mind. I look forward to that, and also back when tickets were a Buck or $1.50 or 2 or 3 dollars, now wasn't that when the original was brand new. Like about 1975-76? Quite a long time ago.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2014, 11:15 PM

I've been following this forum for years and finally decided to join.Here's a picture I took from my first visit to NYC last summer.ta][/url]LowerManhattan by tony.pall, on Flickr

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive