Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Nov 11, 2017, 11:16 AM

Thanks!

More blocks:
Section003_pic08 by Vellu04, on Flickr

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 8:46 AM
YIMBY co-founder

Looking good
I think I wrote this early on in the thread, but I def would go visit this city with the family.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

Old Posted Nov 24, 2017, 1:19 PM

Nice city, i really like the construction sites and the variety of buildings. Also, could you put the construction sites models on a hidden layer so people can access them when the city is finished, or upload the individual construction site models when the buildings are complete?

Also, do you plan to add a freeway system?

Old Posted Nov 25, 2017, 9:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
Looking good
I think I wrote this early on in the thread, but I def would go visit this city with the family.
Thanks! I would even move in with my family, but maybe it would be easier for me, as I already live in Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codster121 View Post
Nice city, i really like the construction sites and the variety of buildings. Also, could you put the construction sites models on a hidden layer so people can access them when the city is finished, or upload the individual construction site models when the buildings are complete?

Also, do you plan to add a freeway system?
Thanks! The construction sites will evolve as time moves on, so at one point they will be finished. I only have the very first phase of construction as a separate model and I'm not planning to save those other phases as separate models. They're also actually not very detailed and only meant to be viewed from a distance. But maybe someday - if I ever finish this city - I will share it. And yes, there will be a highway system.

Update:
Section003_pic09 by Vellu04, on Flickr

Old Posted Dec 9, 2017, 2:26 PM

As the South Port was replaced by the Halvoo Port in the 1990's, also the railyards where moved away from the Halvoonniemi cape. Also some train tracks at the Central Railway Station were left unused, so the railway station railyard area was opened for redevelopment in the 2000's. One of the buildings built over the tracks is the only hotel in Halvoo of the international Hutton Inn hotel chain. It opened its doors in 2008. The tower is 87 meters to the roof. An elevated park and a mixed-use complex with a tower is planned for the open space west of the railway station.

Section003_pic10 by Vellu04, on Flickr

A view from northeast.

Section003_pic11 by Vellu04, on Flickr

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup